It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:57 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Changes to Cloaks/visibility
smccarty wrote:
LOL!!!! Someone needs to lay off the pipe, never the less I have had a long history of comments on this subject long before we decided to milk your team for GG.

Still currently a few TFC stealth SD has more than held their own against the DM hoard (which includes Seers btw)

If stealth were removed from SDs we would simply get swamped.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806
Class: Seer

Russell wrote:
I think the main reason DM members are complaining about stealth SDs is they are finding that their SDs are having a hard time from a couple of TFC stealth SDs.Im not on DM, and we arent at war with anyone so please tell me why I have a problem with stealth Sd.

I am not in favour of changing visability at the moment because:
So if you werent at war you would have no problem changing it?

Stealth is an attribute of Recon class
Its Recon FOCUS, and stealth is an attribute of seer and sniper NOT SPEED DEMON.
Stealth + speed allows a small number of characters to fight a much larger group with some chance of sucess. It comes down to skill.
Since when is it skill to equip a cloak and disappear? Skill would be walking away from such a conflict with equal or greater amounts of GG then you had when you entered.
Without stealth you just get swamped by superior numbers.Thats the idea of superior numbers.

A change needs to be made to the class itself, the vis and cloak changes went quite well but its still not enough. As Trevor said, 1 or 2 -vis augs should be MANDATORY for SD's to go stealth in there combat ships.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Main: -defender-
Level: 2265
Class: Shield Monkey

Personally I'd prefer stealth SD staying in the game, In my opinion it just adds some variety to the gameplay. The way I look at it right now is, if everyone cloaks, a person can use a athena+, lose some DPS compared to what he'd have had if he had used a CaP or CaL rather, and be able to see other stealth SDs around him from a reasonable distance. Otherwise a person can just use his normal setup and not have to make that sacrifice. To be honest, I dont know why so much fuss is being made about stealth SD, there are other equally broken things in game. Even if you can see a stealth SD from 1k away thats enough to chase him down, since he would most likely not go too fast considering that he uses a athena+. If he doesn't, you both can't see each other and its equal. Against other classes, I dont think stealth SD or not makes too much off a difference, they can always strike you in their aura no matter what..

But having said that, I have no problems at all if it is taken out. If I were an endgame PvP SD I'd surely prefer unstealthed SD PvP since it requires a bit less effort and concentration, and there the group with larger numbers would always win. Thing is, that since the game seems to be a bit "small-team-friendly", I think the stealth SD and stuff is needed, because it does actually give some chance to the weaker team with lesser numbers to try and do something. Otherwise really, they'd just be toast.

Anyway I feel the vision on the radars does need a significant beef of upto 5 or 6 folds like denoan correctly pointed out. Detection too could do with a beef, maybe 50%. That should make it a bit hard to stealth so conviniently as a SD.

Also what could be done is to nerf all cloak stats in half keeping their sizes the same. And give Sniper and Seer some cloaking bonuses.

You see..atm the problem is not with SD, it is with the radar/vis/cloaking system. Cloaks are way too powerful. And radars seem a bit too weak.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:54 am

What is the admins stance on the issue currently?

Is the system going to stay essentially the same, or are more changes inbound?
If the latter, has the nature of the changes been decided? when might we see them?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:03 am
Profile YIM

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ingendum
Level: 1364

Well... I'm using alby, CaL, spacy sup, Z+ on a DS+ and I just wanted to see what a cloak would do.. Switched my normal radar with a passive radar, put a cloak on, the result: 6 vis and I can hardly be seen. I still think stealth needs some work..

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 am

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

I think now we have a situation which is similar to the original.

It used to be that you were either visible or entirely invisible

Now you are either visible or slightly less visible.

The Difference in visibility/detection between a seer with 4x Seer Masts and a Speed Demon with just a cloak is far too small. I think there needs to be some sort of multiplier for visibility as it gets lower, As i believe that the lower your vis gets the less it is reduced by -vis augs.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

thebattler35 wrote:

The Difference in visibility/detection between a seer with 4x Seer Masts and a Speed Demon with just a cloak is far too small. I think there needs to be some sort of multiplier for visibility as it gets lower, As i believe that the lower your vis gets the less it is reduced by -vis augs.

im still invisible with my gunner a panther seer could only see me when he got within 375 distance.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

shawn_mccall wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:

im still invisible with my gunner a panther seer could only see me when he got within 375 distance.

Juju must have really low reflectivity. Because SDs with ath+s can see my seer with a lot of neg vis from my augs from hundreds away.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

jujus reflectivity is around 70%.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Main: The Rain in Spain
Level: 1948

Sniper has the most effective cloaks if both seer and sniper use the same cloaks. Cloaks reduce reflectivity.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:33 pm
Profile E-mail

That +cloaking boost? It doesn't exist. Its just -visibility. I'll be changing the wiki page on that shortly.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:34 pm

Main: The Rain in Spain
Level: 1948

Demiser of D wrote:
That +cloaking boost? It doesn't exist. Its just -visibility. I'll be changing the wiki page on that shortly.

EWWWW

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: -defender-
Level: 2265

If you actually have lots of -ve vis augs..I dont see how a SD with athena+ can see you from hundreds away, last time I tried with a athena+ and all good radars, I couldn't spot an average seer from more than 70 or so.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 am

Cant aug a sniper for stealth very well :lol:

Sniper masteries only go so far. Qa augs dont work. What else is there? :?

I've got about 1 vis while cloaked, but i could still be detected from 1000 or more distance by a LF with multiple athena augs. But i think it's fine; I'll just kill them >.>

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:30 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20