It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Holiday Content and Feedback
Unideny wrote:
Which is why listening to the playerbase, admins, is a great way of making them happy :) . Stop doing crap just because it makes you happy, it's 10 or so higher ups against a thousand. Learn to get it right before a new game comes out and totally wipes out SS.

they listen most of the time. i dont know exactly why Xmass stuff was removed from the presents and shuffled over to the drop table..but it was a horrible idea.

i figured last year was a test for it. i didn't realize we were getting the same fucked over things this year.. the presents was the best idea. if not roaming the uni then in DGs at random levels in numbers between 1-2 (max of 2 per DG) would be a lot more fun in my honest opinion.

only thing i have seen come out of this that was good was Grinch.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Team: Silent Death
Main: Pietro-2.0
Level: 16
Class: None

The grinch would be better as DG boss, and one that is like Bell, or bell from hell, or something that it would be a good challenge for anyone, not impossible for lower lvled players. Heck, even the north pole is out of the way for lower lvls in w3. What will lower lvls do with their stuff now? Even if they can sell the letters, they could get scammed out of their minds for how much they really cost.

And once again they screw over part of the playerbase...The north pole belongs in sol so even those straight from nexus can get to it. If they're going to put mission stuff away from part of the playerbase, then kill all the commod crap as well. Heck, some random commods are still incredibly useless, take for example the 'Santa Letter' ; I looked for the mission and couldn't find it. Xmas tree missions are missing... But, on a last note...

Events are made for everyone, not just a select few.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Team: Neon Syndicate
Main: makable
Level: 97
Class: Berserker

well lets get of some of that useless crap that i wanted to call a post

edited:
Unideny wrote:
The grinch would be better as DG boss, and one that is like Bell, or bell from hell, or something that it would be a good challenge for anyone, not impossible for lower lvled players. Heck, even the north pole is out of the way for lower lvls in w3. What will lower lvls do with their stuff now? Even if they can sell the letters, they could get scammed out of their minds for how much they really cost.

And once again they screw over part of the playerbase...The north pole belongs in sol so even those straight from nexus can get to it. If they're going to put mission stuff away from part of the playerbase, then kill all the commod crap as well. Heck, some random commods are still incredibly useless, take for example the 'Santa Letter' ; I looked for the mission and couldn't find it. Xmas tree missions are missing... But, on a last note...

I totaly agree.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Nathaniel Lighting
Level: 2061
Class: Shield Monkey

Unideny wrote:

f2ps shouldn't be allowed to do everything.

Atferall admins may think of this event as another way to get f2ps to be p2ps so they could have fun in these events like we do

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:04 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Mikkel
Level: 1609
Class: Engineer

NattoKillas wrote:
Unideny wrote:

Atferall admins may think of this event as another way to get f2ps to be p2ps so they could have fun in these events like we do

pietro isnt f2p...and not even most p2ps could do grinch :?

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

I think Pietro is actually a higher level that Nath.

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:42 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Nathaniel Lighting
Level: 2061

Unideny wrote:

[/quote]

Re-read and look at that word carefully.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:31 pm

NattoKillas wrote:
Unideny wrote:

Honestly, f2p's hardly have much at all as it is and seeing as though I'm hardly having any 'fun' at this, instead I'm trying to hurry to get over 100 letters just to get something decent in the missions in bipolar...It's more stressful than having two parents nag at you for everything :P .

Also, I was in peril yesterday and I found both the grinch clone and grinch, followed him til a member of my team got there and I find out the clone shoots 5 MF lasers and somethin energy, can't remember how strong...This is just ridiculous how strong this guy is. He was 'made' so only ubers can defeat him. Coincidence? I think not. Way to go dumarse admins, screw up lower lvls by having to make them go into perilous space just to finish a bloody xmas mission, and you make grinch only able to be defeated by an uber player. You want to make a boss similar to the ones for C2 for that urqa thing? Then I have a grand idea, make somethin' else other than a xmas event boss! Seriously now, events are meant to be as stressful as basic training, but should be as fun as seeing your girlfriend on a friday night :P .

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:13 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: HUN-Lightfighter
Level: 1428

ppl are saying, theres some mystical ai roaming around the game (not the grinch and its clones), easy kills, like 3 years ago. is that right?

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:41 pm

There should be, though I haven't found any as of yet.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:52 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Grinch is a "template" for the Iq' UrQ'akuq, the UrQa Endgame UZ. It is roughly as tough as the first boss of said zone. And the first boss is the pissy one before the "lobby" of UrQa UZ. It would be as if a GotL with 2x the shields, and 2x the DPS potential was perma aggro in Lyceum. Except this boss is one of the 7 of 9 bosses that are stationary, IE: The Cathedral in Penance.

Grinch was never meant to be done by any team on the calibre of Zero gravity, or even squads made up of Psionic Corps, Zero Gravity, and UnderDawgs combined. It is meant for squads of Evo, Oblivion and Triumph working together, or only teams like EF or SP alone.

As for the new AI, I've seen it. It still hurts, though. But thats me trying to solo a Seer/Sniper AI as a FC. It looks like a big green Restless Spirit with a green dust glow like a Rizer's Cloud. It also wields a MD, like many seers, as the primary weapon. It is pretty damn stealthy, but poor thrust means the crappiest of crappy engineers can hold it. Gravitron 4 can easily drag it over.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Team: Traders
Main: Duckaroo
Level: 2355

Grinch Spirits are cool, i didn't know when they go in. Uhhh they drop nice stuff! that's all I can say. But uhh they kinda act a little dumb and just fly straight out half the time. Like not even to a warp, just out to space, and I think it happens more when they swarm on you.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

Quote:
pietro isnt f2p...and not even most p2ps could do grinch

Not his fault that pietro hides his forum account. So he has to assume hes f2p, just like im am going to assume it until he changes it otherwise..

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: Duckaroo
Level: 2355

And can a mission be put in, or a blueprint, to get a better tech equivalent of the Santa's Naughty Beam? Like you somehow convert the t3 weapon plus some stuff into a t20 or just high tech weapon that the high level players could use?

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Grinch is a "template" for the Iq' UrQ'akuq, the UrQa Endgame UZ. It is roughly as tough as the first boss of said zone. And the first boss is the pissy one before the "lobby" of UrQa UZ. It would be as if a GotL with 2x the shields, and 2x the DPS potential was perma aggro in Lyceum. Except this boss is one of the 7 of 9 bosses that are stationary, IE: The Cathedral in Penance.

Grinch was never meant to be done by any team on the calibre of Zero gravity, or even squads made up of Psionic Corps, Zero Gravity, and UnderDawgs combined. It is meant for squads of Evo, Oblivion and Triumph working together, or only teams like EF or SP alone.

As for the new AI, I've seen it. It still hurts, though. But thats me trying to solo a Seer/Sniper AI as a FC. It looks like a big green Restless Spirit with a green dust glow like a Rizer's Cloud. It also wields a MD, like many seers, as the primary weapon. It is pretty damn stealthy, but poor thrust means the crappiest of crappy engineers can hold it. Gravitron 4 can easily drag it over.

Grinch is a event boss, now yea, if he was a normal new boss that'd be fine but he's for the event only, so...with that said, make a different boss as a template not an event boss that will drop good xmas gear and such...

Trevor, I'd love to put my main on here, but it wont let me for some reason.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next