It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:45 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Nathaniel Lighting
Level: 2061
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Holiday Content and Feedback
basebot wrote:
how about... you log on? duhh

Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Team: Silent Death
Main: Pietro-2.0
Level: 16
Class: None

Well, I looked all over the topic hoping to find missions and such for the event, and of course I found none :P . We would all like to know admins, will there be any missions for xmas? If not, what is the point of xmas commods? I was really hoping christmas would be fun since I'm leaving this next month for the army, but eh...That happens I guess.

I suppose this event was alright, if you want to go kill random ai than to have an "actual event" and from I've read, the dev team seems to be slipping, and slipping fast.

edit: Also, I remember you saying that you'll make up for the thanksgiving event with a day to remember xmas event. So far, doesn't seem like you made at least a decent one in the least, not meaning to flame of course...I mean, grinch's spot has been found, no xmas feel to the system, no xmas names cept for grinchy, commods but no missions, and the list possibly goes on! Along with grinch only being able to be beaten by top notch teams, which is totally unfair to the rest of us, or those who would also like some good xmas stuff...

Gotta say, I'm not very much impressed...Now don't get me wrong, I love getting simple christmas stuff, but don't insult the word "event" ; give it its true meaning and give the playerbase something nice :P . It is because of us p2p's that this game is even running. Without us, there wouldn't be this game, and you guys wouldn't be getting cash...Or wherever the money goes; but anyhow...Live up to your word and actually make a bloody event and not disgrace the word by making a pish posh sorry excuse for extra stuff which you apparently call an event.

And with this wall of text, I wish the best, and may all your days be bright and of, course I pray all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:30 pm

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

Good job on the grinch as an ai.

Perhaps put him in a DG next year if he's to be reused, to stop the camping problems etc. that may occur and offer a fair chance for everyone to kill.

I don't think holiday items should be better than items that are basically "endgame". The stats on the holiday tractor for example are better than a HW which is the best (elec efficient) push tractor we have right now...

Holiday drops/items have come too far from the SSS and pax xmases, one being purely aesthetic and the other being marginally useful as a lowbie ship or as starting out slaves.

Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:56 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: -defender-
Level: 2265

Overall, I loved the Astro Grinch AI. Finally something thats not a walk in the park. I say leave it like it is atm. Yeah, some drops might be good, but then again, they will only drop during a short amount of time, unlike the other stuff which drops throughout the year.

I'd say a big NO to putting him in DG or making him easier or whatever else people want. He's fine as he is.

Saw some people complaining about his difficulty, well..if he is made easy enough to be done by a small team, then most endgame players will be able to solo/2-man him MCing their alts. Things like all those lockouts/ubers in DG etc is the reason the game has become way too easy. Nowdays even if I see a roaming bart or marco, I don't feel like killing him since the commod/ship has no market anymore. The game isn't really as challenging as it used to be. Endgame players can just MC and kill all ubers in the game except maybe KKK.

Leave some tough content in the game...if what has been said about UZ2 bosses being of same difficulty as grinch, looking forward to them :D

Keep it up!

EDIT: Maybe some content for the mid level players could be added for forthcoming events, maybe some T15 or T16 stuff...

Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:24 am

mayank wrote:
Overall, I loved the Astro Grinch AI. Finally something thats not a walk in the park. I say leave it like it is atm. Yeah, some drops might be good, but then again, they will only drop during a short amount of time, unlike the other stuff which drops throughout the year.

I'd say a big NO to putting him in DG or making him easier or whatever else people want. He's fine as he is.

Saw some people complaining about his difficulty, well..if he is made easy enough to be done by a small team, then most endgame players will be able to solo/2-man him MCing their alts. Things like all those lockouts/ubers in DG etc is the reason the game has become way too easy. Nowdays even if I see a roaming bart or marco, I don't feel like killing him since the commod/ship has no market anymore. The game isn't really as challenging as it used to be. Endgame players can just MC and kill all ubers in the game except maybe KKK.

Leave some tough content in the game...if what has been said about UZ2 bosses being of same difficulty as grinch, looking forward to them :D

Keep it up!

EDIT: Maybe some content for the mid level players could be added for forthcoming events, maybe some T15 or T16 stuff...

Well then maybe admins should make an uber for small teams, and an uber for bigger teams instead of giving big time players special treatment :P . God knows that camping a spawn point in any case for an event is somethin only a selfish prick would do, or a team of selfish pricks, or squad, or however you'd like to put it...I'm sure yall get the point. But instead of making it a roaming uber, admins get it through your thick skulls it's a bad idea for an event. Like folks have said from the start "once a spawn point has been found, it 'WILL' be camped" [I only capped it because yall seem to not get it, and I say it not to be mean, but if you think it does, oh well...get over it :) ]

But anyhow, If there is an event, ya gotta make it available to everyone to be able to kill, or get or whatnot and not just play favorites to a stronger group. Heck, even give f2p's something to look forward to. yall have already taken quite a bit from em, I know if I were a f2p, chances are I wouldn't want to pay for something I would have no experience at.

I'm sorry admins, but you guys really do have to listen to the playerbase and not play government and act like you know what's best for us when you really don't :) . Sorry for getting off topic as well.

Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2466
Class: Engineer

One spawn point is stupid .
There should be bosses for all strength of teams/players .
Event gear should always be just a little weaker then usual gear for their tech lvl .
All players should be able to at least take on one of the bosses .
Xmas event isnt here for rich teams/players to make themselfs more powerfull but for whole playerbase to enjoy little brake in monotony and to have some uniqe items you can show off with not brake gameplay with

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:04 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Each and every roaming boss should have 10-12 spawn points, with the boss spawning from a random pick of the total. This means one cannot wait for boss to spawn by sitting in one place and would need somewhere near the full team to camp one boss.

Then, each holiday event should have multiple bosses. That would allow multiple teams to join instead of Sheilds or EF always getting the kill. And with so many spawns, no one team could camp each location and still dg/tend to galaxies.

IMO:

Next year, there should be a St Patrick event, Valentine event, and an Easter event, along with the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas events.

St Patrick is based around Spring. And Green AI! It will be a time where Green AI spawns get quadrupled, and you will see teamed Greens in Uber AI locations. Then, there will be three roaming Green Bosses, and two DG based ones that have lockouts. The roamers would be based of Big Green, Bigger Green, and Green Battleship AI. The DG based ones would only be Bigger Green and Green Battleship based.

An example of the weaponry of the GB roamer would be 6x MFed Delquad Lasers that have a range in excess of 14k!

Easter would be about, well, Easter. With a Bunny Rabbit Uber, and some other things upped to Uber status, be ready to defend against ship sized grenades. The looks on your face will turn to horror as every AI start lobbing Grenades towards your puny ships. Oh the fun. Then, a new capital ship will make its appearance. It looks like...an egg. But a very mean egg indeed with its gremming super lasers that make even engineless ships spin like a top off to the fringes of space.

Yeah yeah, I forgot Feb14 and only remembered just now. My idea would be for a Heartland Uber, based on the Valentine ship. It and its minions vow to spread love to the universe, all the while firing heart shaped heat missiles every which way and direction!

Halloween would get a meaner UDT, Undead Broodmother, and a roaming version of Cael's ship. Thanksgiving with a Turkey, a Ham, and Gravy ubers. Christmas with Grinch, Astro-Santa, and Present Ubers.

Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:41 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Mikkel
Level: 1609

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Each and every roaming boss should have 10-12 spawn points, with the boss spawning from a random pick of the total. This means one cannot wait for boss to spawn by sitting in one place and would need somewhere near the full team to camp one boss.

Then, each holiday event should have multiple bosses. That would allow multiple teams to join instead of Sheilds or EF always getting the kill. And with so many spawns, no one team could camp each location and still dg/tend to galaxies.

IMO:

Next year, there should be a St Patrick event, Valentine event, and an Easter event, along with the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas events.

St Patrick is based around Spring. And Green AI! It will be a time where Green AI spawns get quadrupled, and you will see teamed Greens in Uber AI locations. Then, there will be three roaming Green Bosses, and two DG based ones that have lockouts. The roamers would be based of Big Green, Bigger Green, and Green Battleship AI. The DG based ones would only be Bigger Green and Green Battleship based.

An example of the weaponry of the GB roamer would be 6x MFed Delquad Lasers that have a range in excess of 14k!

Easter would be about, well, Easter. With a Bunny Rabbit Uber, and some other things upped to Uber status, be ready to defend against ship sized grenades. The looks on your face will turn to horror as every AI start lobbing Grenades towards your puny ships. Oh the fun. Then, a new capital ship will make its appearance. It looks like...an egg. But a very mean egg indeed with its gremming super lasers that make even engineless ships spin like a top off to the fringes of space.

Yeah yeah, I forgot Feb14 and only remembered just now. My idea would be for a Heartland Uber, based on the Valentine ship. It and its minions vow to spread love to the universe, all the while firing heart shaped heat missiles every which way and direction!

Halloween would get a meaner UDT, Undead Broodmother, and a roaming version of Cael's ship. Thanksgiving with a Turkey, a Ham, and Gravy ubers. Christmas with Grinch, Astro-Santa, and Present Ubers.

Hawt.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 am
Profile E-mail

Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2466

Battlecruiser23 wrote:

etc ...

Long Live reason ! I happy to see there are more reasonable ppl out there ...

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:02 am

Team: Eminence Back
Main: t-master
Level: 2037

about grinch: I think it's an awesome uber and that it should be kept this way, but for lower level teams its ofcourse a pain in the ass they can't kill it...

that's why I suggest that Grinch is to be kept as he is, but there's also made a new, smaller and easier uber similiar to the grinch, with ofcourse worse drop tables and worse loot...

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:08 am
Profile E-mail

Team: pantalones
Main: x0xhellx0x
Level: 2624
Class: Speed Demon

i liked fighting the grinch im happy overall with xmas this year.

I WOULD RATHER DIE FIGHTING THEN LIVE LIFE ON MY KNEES...

DRINK FIGHT FUCK

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: Limpa
Level: 3143

drop tables infested with lotsa useless junk, grinch crashes your client... thats about it...

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:54 am

Team: Kami
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 1993

Pretty much the same problems with the missions as there were with the Halloween missions.

Missions.

Farm / Buy (at stupid expense) lots of commodities, wasting massive amounts of time.

Gather 24 of said commod [more than the 13 of halloween]

Hand in for a 1-2 in 12 chance of an item you actually want.

Seriously - Why are tricks and tree cutters on that list?
It takes a lot of time to gather the commodities. I got three tree cutters as DG drops whilst farming for a few letters, then I got a tree cutter as the reward.

Getting semi-worthless/common items from a time-consuming mission depresses/frustrates people.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:41 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

vampire2948 wrote:
Pretty much the same problems with the missions as there were with the Halloween missions.

Missions.

Farm / Buy (at stupid expense) lots of commodities, wasting massive amounts of time.

Gather 24 of said commod [more than the 13 of halloween]

Hand in for a 1-2 in 12 chance of an item you actually want.

Seriously - Why are tricks and tree cutters on that list?
It takes a lot of time to gather the commodities. I got three tree cutters as DG drops whilst farming for a few letters, then I got a tree cutter as the reward.

Getting semi-worthless/common items from a time-consuming mission depresses/frustrates people.

Paladin,

really havnt bothered to mess with this event, grinch was cool but aside from that it sucks..

drop tables now have tons of useless crap in it, so DG drops got raped, you now loose out on both the DGs AND Xmass...

id like to suggest shitty useless BS like letters stay OUT of the drop tables...PERIOD. if i want to know what people wanted for Xmass id ask em..

id also like to suggest that Xmass content and drops be put back in those little floating presents and stuff thsoe critters to spawn in normal DGs at random levels in numbers no greater than two.

sorry but raping both drop tables by adding that shit that way was lame..more harm done than good imho.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Which is why listening to the playerbase, admins, is a great way of making them happy :) . Stop doing crap just because it makes you happy, it's 10 or so higher ups against a thousand. Learn to get it right before a new game comes out and totally wipes out SS.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:23 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next