It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:21 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Team: Sheilds
Main: Apper
Level: 1724
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Incoming change on aug drops
i second that full piracy needs to apply to drones/slaves. also, that DM's don't have any usable high lvl surgical drones. ambush blow, and therefor don't count.

-Apper

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:18 am

Team: None
Main: Sybir
Level: 1788
Class: Shield Monkey

yeah gives piracy to drones before you aply that shit
also percentage looks too smal imo, its like 1 aug from 2-3 dgs<wtf? just 1 aug
it will be pain to find any augs for drones&bases&controllers later

Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:38 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Sybir
Level: 1788

unless thats reduced by rather then reduced to

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:19 am
Profile E-mail

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

Can't put this in without applying the full piloting level to slaves and drones.

And you'd need to put some T20 Surgical drones in that are on par with BFDs etc.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:44 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Overdone and Too Much Lipos would have a better use if they could be made into advanced versions of the standard Lipo Drone.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:12 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808

Sorry Jeff but it is a nerf if you lower the drop rate, and then give selected , limited, skills a slight boost.

Leave the drop rate as is and implement the piracy bonus. As for surgical weapons do they really need the boost? If so, boost them.

Why stay the same? As SS gets more complex the build requirement are more demanding and aug use has increased.
Since the nerf to base sheilds it has been necessary to use more healing drones and to aug them. If you have a well defended galaxy you will need 15-30 ambro drones and they need to be augged, that is 120 extra augs right there
I find it increasingly difficult to find the necessary augs.

Last edited by Russell on Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Nathaniel Lighting
Level: 2061

I don't mind the changes, Only problem is it screws us DM/Engineers over coz we don't have any good surgical drones. Maybe a Adv OHL Drone may sort it out, or prehaps a LC Drone.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Team: Zephyr
Main: Zaehlas
Level: 1777

NattoKillas wrote:
I don't mind the changes, Only problem is it screws us DM/Engineers over coz we don't have any good surgical drones. Maybe a Adv OHL Drone may sort it out, or prehaps a LC Drone.

oooh.. I love the idea of an LC Drone...

Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:30 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

... A couple of % is not 'screwing DM over'...

Its a disadvantage for the moment until new drones are introduced, but still remember how augs used to be?

4bil for a zeus?

an unspeakable ungodly amount for an alby?

And isn't everyone always complaining about the economy.

Remove part of the supply and the price will go up.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:54 pm

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Nay, dont remove the supply, create greater demand. Right now, the augs people want are the normal augs, for base augs, etc. What we need is base god augs, to suck up the god augs in circulation and raise prices.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:24 pm

Jeff, I have to agree with Demiser (and myself on suggestion forum 2 unis ago..) about the god augs.

Especially in Light of this change, I'm very nervous. The market is pretty tight on good-sup augs that are used for bases. Because AI are much more likely to spawn with a good elec or a exc stealth then with a sup damage, this could make an even bigger issue out of the current aug shortage.

Please consider either adding the piracy bonus without nerfing the current rate, or add in some more options for base augs to reduce the current pressure on regular augs. Zues rlly shouldn't be 400 and that's not even the worst really. Ares @ 50mil isn't too far off if they keep sliping the way they have been.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: Bracek-
Level: 2445

I like this.

Good job.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:25 pm

Main: Rogue Amoeba
Level: 2132
Class: Gunner

Russell wrote:
Sorry Jeff but it is a nerf if you lower the drop rate, and then give selected , limited, skills a slight boost.

Leave the drop rate as is and implement the piracy bonus. As for surgical weapons do they really need the boost? If so, boost them.

Why stay the same? As SS gets more complex the build requirement are more demanding and aug use has increased.
Since the nerf to base sheilds it has been necessary to use more healing drones and to aug them. If you have a well defended galaxy you will need 15-30 ambro drones and they need to be augged, that is 120 extra augs right there
I find it increasingly difficult to find the necessary augs.

That pretty much sums it up.
It's already getting hard to find the correct augs and this very unwelcomed changed. There is a wealth of player requests for features and bugfixes, why not address these first?

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Mikkel
Level: 1609

b1gshooter wrote:
Please consider either adding the piracy bonus without nerfing the current rate, or add in some more options for base augs to reduce the current pressure on regular augs. Zues rlly shouldn't be 400 and that's not even the worst really. Ares @ 50mil isn't too far off if they keep sliping the way they have been.

really? REALLY? dude zues should be 1.5, maybe 2b! ares should be the cost of a zues now

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:12 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Aug prices have been dropping since about a uni or two after the new skills were added, and still haven't stopped (even though they can't go much lower before they hit negatives). Iirc, admins did something around then to make the god augs a bit more likely to drop, due to the massive demand (zeus was up around 5b for a while, and this was at a time when plenty of people had UZ ships, not like tech 20 skills was the huge new thing). It was good for a while, and the aug prices returned to a more stable price, but then started dropping as the supply kept increasing, and the market became saturated.

Now, even if this change is enough to overtake the demand, it will take AGES to flush all the god augs out of the market (and I don't think this will overtake demand, it's not a big enough nerf). Personally, I think the chance of a god aug dropping should be lessened when compared to the chance of a regular aug (so, the chance of getting any one given sup aug would be a bit higher than the chance of getting any one given tech 19 god aug). I also think that god base augs should be added, to start clearing the MASSIVE glut of god augs currently ruining the market.

What the game needs isn't more cash sinks, it's gear sinks. The game has become topheavy, as all MMOs do eventually. The old players are still playing, farming tons of gear, but not enough people need it. The prices for almost every dropped item in-game has fallen hugely in the last year or so. There simply isn't a use for the hundreds of random items sitting in the thatches of every level 1000+ player in SS. The augs are just one example of this, and hopefully this will help somewhat. Admins should try to find a way to clear this up. One of the best ways would be, imo, to give the mid-leveled players ways to make money that don't involve selling gear.

There should be more missions added with a relatively large cash reward at the mid levels, instead of just gear noone will buy. Since noone buys stuff, noone can make money to buy stuff. At those levels (mostly between level 100 and 1000, imo), the players cannot afford to set up massive supply chains for colonies, which is the only real way that large amounts of new credits get introduced into the game. The rest is just recycled cash, being used again and again to circulate gear.

(yes, I got off-topic, but it's still important).

Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:15 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next