It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:16 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 1941
Class: Berserker

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
Post Re: Testing the new visibility system
Utumno wrote:
I assume this is still a thing going to be balanced or is it meant to be like that?

It's still screwed.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:23 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Tried a flare gun on them? (Just curious)

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:29 pm
Profile WWW

JeffL wrote:

I don't think flare guns give enough vis with current vision system and cloak stats.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Profile YIM

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590
Class: Seer

I wouldn't say flare guns need a beef, as they are extremely easy to get.. Something as cheap and readily available as a flare gun shouldn't negate a seer/snipers stealth, its not like there's a readily available weapon that negates a SD's speed..

Leave flare guns as they are, and introduce higher tech, harder to get, more expensive, perhaps even some class specific flare guns..

Utumno wrote:
JeffL wrote:
...I've increased the vision on tech 20 radars by about 50% ...

Seer, DS, Athena+, Panther Instinct

[color=#FFFF00]This is obviously in now, it doesn't have any noticeable effect in game when fighting MF Reavers.

Still I can't see (vision wise) the MF Reavers till I really sit on top of them;
As I need to know the direction they are facing to hit them from behind this is relevant for me.

I assume this is still a thing going to be balanced or is it meant to be like that?

He raises an extremely valid point. As a seer in a panther with augs that give over 800% radar bonuses, and using a FT Inverto, I can't actually "see" AI Panthers.. Since 60% of our damage comes from hitting from behind, this is bad.. Also, if we shoot them with them facing us, its almost always fatal. [/color]

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Team: None
Main: Utumno
Level: 20
Class: None

JeffL wrote:

No:
Every type of shot that I try on those increases the time per AI a lot (mostly due to regen (shield) issues) and the more often I shoot the closer comes his brethren (remember DGing).
Any way to avoid the danger and thus the (shield) recharge time increases the total time per AI (you can single them out further and so on).

This has become more of an issue as effectively in the new vis system I'm now effectively longer visible to the AI (from what I read it shouldn't be like that) and in case of MF Reavers they simply have more tracking now (How does that come?) so I get hit more often. Which again makes it worse. (I usually 2 - 3 shot the MF Reavers btw).

A good portion to this is due to the fact that - in contrast to the time I was SD - I lack appropriate shields and augs (and weapons) for my class.

I can kill them (without doubt), I can do that in a secure way ( without doubt) but if I do that - it takes that long and it becomes boring.
I also played other classes so not that intensively but enough to compare both.

Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Main: Demiser of D

Snipers have even more trouble with this. How am i supposed to shoot MF reavers from 3k away when i cant see them when im sitting practically on top of them?

For snipers, at any rate, how about some sort of medium range laser that puts on a flare type parasite? the problem right now is that, since flares have no tracking you physically cannot range them onto something.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Main: Utumno

Demiser of D wrote:
Snipers have even more trouble with this. How am i supposed to shoot MF reavers from 3k away when i cant see them when im sitting practically on top of them?

Wrong. You can do that by changing tactics.

(I did run a cheap Izer stealth Sniper setup for MF Reaver/Platty DGs on that char; it's easy to do; pm me in game if you want to know more details.)

No doubt that Sniper needs a beef.

No answer Jeff? I'm really in a bad mood cause I unpacked a Panther and wasted it on my Seer.
I have no clue who or how you test Seer in PvAI but seriously DGing should be added to the testing list.

A note: A lvl 2k char (actually 1.5k+) usually does DF 300+ DGs solo at least (except for Hive and Delquad bosses) in a reasonable amount of time.

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:31 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12