It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 3267
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Testing the new visibility system
even tho i cant deny i fear seer as well. its for the good reason xD. as far as im concerned, seer are far from overpowered, yes they can be strong in pvp. so what, they pay back in pvai.

Seer are easy to kill if you use flare, or a good radar >_>. a decent radar will detect them from a little distance. a few hundreds at most. but if you dont ignore radar all together in your setup and just use one to use a mod on it. seer are much more easy to see.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:43 pm
Officer

Team: Death Mental
Main: capt. mac
Level: 2931
Class: Speed Demon

I never said it was over powered, I said that the fact of a weapons bullet that a seer does 66k dmg with a pretty much an automatic bonus be visable is asking for too much?

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590
Class: Seer

smccarty wrote:
I never said it was over powered, I said that the fact of a weapons bullet that a seer does 66k dmg with a pretty much an automatic bonus be visable is asking for too much?

You can make it visible by using a better radar! :o

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: leonard Mccoy
Level: 2500
Class: Berserker

Look people ,seers should be that hard to find...
/insert big duh here
But energy projectiles should be plenty visible...ALWAYS....
No matter what radar you are using. There should not be an invisible wep and ship as well. That's stacking the odds to high in one corner.

Oh and let me clarify one thing Klestiko....I have a seer so don't pull the class card on me like you did Mac. Leo

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Invisible attacks are way overpowered in pvp.

As for better radars, ships like panthers are small and good radars are large.

However I was recently trundling along in my Dark Freighter, which has a decent radar and sheild 13k, when a seer appeared at point blank range and podded me. One shot.
I had absolulely no warning and it was a one shot situation.

I am not complaining as any other fighting ship could have killed me anyway.

However I would be concerned if it was a genuine pvp situation.

With reference to flares, they have a certain novelty value, but because of their abysmal range and speed a seer can easily avoid them. They only work against a novice or a dozey seer. :)

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:02 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I'm very hesitant to make radars require you to be docked in order to equip/unequip them. I do think switching radars on the fly is a very valid game play element, especially with certain radars that are very powerful but take a ton of energy to run.

That being said, fixing the exploit with passive/active radars and pinging isn't very easily solvable any other way because there's nothing inherently special or identifiable about the tweaks you get from pinging.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

For the next patch, I've made it so it takes a second for your engines to generate full visibility so that visibility increases as you hold down your acceleration key and decreases when you don't. This means that if you just tap your engine for a tiny bit, you gain very little vis. Ships will also fade in, rather than just appear when they turn on their engines.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:50 am
Profile WWW

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

JeffL wrote:
For the next patch, I've made it so it takes a second for your engines to generate full visibility so that visibility increases as you hold down your acceleration key and decreases when you don't. This means that if you just tap your engine for a tiny bit, you gain very little vis. Ships will also fade in, rather than just appear when they turn on their engines.

I like that! :lol: and I am not even a SD! :mrgreen:

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:38 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:
I'm very hesitant to make radars require you to be docked in order to equip/unequip them. I do think switching radars on the fly is a very valid game play element, especially with certain radars that are very powerful but take a ton of energy to run.

That being said, fixing the exploit with passive/active radars and pinging isn't very easily solvable any other way because there's nothing inherently special or identifiable about the tweaks you get from pinging.

I don't really think it makes sense to be able to equip/unequip a radar during flight. My thinking is a radar is a pretty big piece of hardware so doing that on the fly would be nearly impossible. Maybe we could add some time to equip/unequip things like that (I would include tractors but i think switching tractors often is too essential to gameplay for that to be feasible).

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:00 am

If you make it impossible to equip a radar during flight, then I suggest you put in some more radar tweaks, something that drops from MF Reavers or so, just so that we have a way to make our radars even more powerful for a short period of time.

If you look at the Apollo tweaks, maybe they should give a radar bonus instead of energy regen?

Perhaps: Apollo's Scope: Radar + 100% for 10 seconds. Energy Recharge +50 for 10 seconds.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:09 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620

JeffL wrote:

This will help stealthy SDs much more than seers or snipers. SDs generally only need to tap their thrust key for an instant to get up to insane speed. This also unbalances stealthy engines. Why use a low vis engine that takes a few seconds to get you up to speed when you could just use a more powerful, high vis engine that gets you up to speed before the visibility kicks in?

Does using the new space brake add vis?

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:53 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799
Class: Berserker

Dorin Nube wrote:

yes it does

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:23 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647

I have a ping 500% radar, it doesn't increase my detection, nor does it increase my sight. I think it needs to be fixed because its not working for me

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

kunta wrote:
I have a ping 500% radar, it doesn't increase my detection, nor does it increase my sight. I think it needs to be fixed because its not working for me

remember passive radars arnt too great to start. but if you switched to a powerful radar right after you could increase that active radar 500%. thus the obvious brokenness..

perhaps there is some way to identify the ping bonus? or some way to make an identifier?

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:34 pm

Dorin Nube wrote:
This will help stealthy SDs much more than seers or snipers. SDs generally only need to tap their thrust key for an instant to get up to insane speed. This also unbalances stealthy engines. Why use a low vis engine that takes a few seconds to get you up to speed when you could just use a more powerful, high vis engine that gets you up to speed before the visibility kicks in?

I have to agree with this somewhat . . .
while having engines fade in has a definite aesthetic appeal, to be balanced they do need to fade in pretty fast, in my oppinion.

Space Breaks add vis twice, when you press down the key, and when you release it (I think its' buggy) -- when you press it, your vis pops up, then goes down gradually . . .then when you release it, it does the same.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:58 pm
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next