It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Post Re: New Visibility System
LethalLoki wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Sniper should be able to do vast amounts of damage like a zerker with one bullet, but lack the powerful resists of zerker

I second that, sniper is combat focus... but puts out little dps in comparison to the other classes and lacks any survivability. Alot of SD's are stating how snipers are fine given then some can kill them... the only reason for this is because sniper is meant to take on SDs. +Tracking/Range is the bane of SD's, but even now alot snipers (not many choose to be one now adays) cant take on speed demons... they should be able to kill them much easier in my opinion.

Those SDs that get killed by snipers are getting killed in 5b SD setups versus 30b Sniper setups. It's no wonder your sup cap, sup energy, sup shield, sup speed vulture gets wtfpwnt by a DS sniper with 4 Combined Aspect augs

Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:24 am

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Jeff please forum ban/mute churchill, he's a fucking idiot...

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:20 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

thebattler35 wrote:

While you're at it Heff_L, please ban everyone else because they have opinions that people don't agree with. :roll:

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:55 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:

While you're at it Heff_L, please ban everyone else because they have opinions that people don't agree with. :roll:

We don't want you banned because of your opinions. We want you banned because, as tb said, you are a fucking idiot.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:42 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649

JeffL wrote:
So what if firing visibility time gets affected by stealth augs and stealth skills?

This gets back to where a seer with 4 stealth augs is invis always...

3 seer mastery will have 4 vis from a 2000 bae dmg weapon.. so say a vjack, stay 4 distacne away and nothing can see you.

You guys out base 10k iring vis in afor a reason. Dont change it. It works.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649

The Voomy One wrote:
Wait and try it out before you start whining and bitching, this is all just a trial. It will be put on test for everyone to try out and then tweaked until it works well. Nothing is final yet.

Jeff said its going in with next uni. It isnt on test yet. Thats a damn little time to test it with every1 getting ready for uni reset.....

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Danger
Level: 2094

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:

Church, your a douche. Im sorry, but there is no other possible way for me to put it.
BTW: Its JEFF_L not HEFF.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Shadow-Blade-Iathan
Level: 69
Class: None

Rofl Heff_L... Epic fail, churchy.

TheGrandOptimist's Trading Depot
Thyme - TheGrandOptimist - Shadow-Blade-Iathan

"Rather let the crime of the guilty go unpunished than condemn the innocent."

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:34 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

foffy123 wrote:

QWERTYUIOP
ASDFGHJKL
ZXCVBNM

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 am

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
foffy123 wrote:

QWERTYUIOP
ASDFGHJKL
ZXCVBNM

doesnt matter where the letter is you still fail harder than Nabaco and Demiser multiplied together.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20

Quote:
doesnt matter where the letter is you still fail harder than Nabaco and Demiser multiplied together...

Ouch, thats cold... :(

And yeah, you cannot have augs effect vis, because someone will allways find a way to break it. You cant put in a hard minimum firing vis, but if you do that, whats the point of changing firing vis at all?

Honestly, i have to go with that last bit. I cant see the point in changing firing vis at all. There's no point, especially when A: People have gotten used to the current system, and B: It Works!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Demiser of D wrote:
Quote:
doesnt matter where the letter is you still fail harder than Nabaco and Demiser multiplied together...

Ouch, thats cold... :(

And yeah, you cannot have augs effect vis, because someone will allways find a way to break it. You cant put in a hard minimum firing vis, but if you do that, whats the point of changing firing vis at all?

Honestly, i have to go with that last bit. I cant see the point in changing firing vis at all. There's no point, especially when A: People have gotten used to the current system, and B: It Works!

i'm actually with jeff here. a new dynamic firing vis could benefit snipers seers etc. and add more opportunities for changeyness

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:06 am
Profile E-mail

Here is my poit of view for whatever it may be worth.

Each class has a special way to kill things and a special way to survive.
All classes have access to normal shields and weapons.
SD Kill by shooting really fast with normal weapons and survive by being really fast and staying out of range of what they are attacking.
SN kill by boosting the damage of one weapon and firing at range and from under cover, they survive by staying out of range and invisible.
SE same as SN but minus long range.

If you are going to make it so the stealth classes are not all that stealthy then you might as well make the speed classes not all that speedy.

Will the Speed Demons slow down when they fire?
Why do the stealth classes have their main defense removed when they fire? And with this cool down stuff that defense is down even longer.

It would be just as logical to make the speed classes slow way down when they start hitting someone.
or have Capitol ships loose their huge banks when they shoot missiles.

Where is the balance?
There are more examples but the point remains.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:34 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

Intelligent Design wrote:
Why do the stealth classes have their main defense removed when they fire?

Because if they are completely invisible all the time there is no way to target them and they become completly invulnerable to attack.

I can't say I completely understand the new vis system, but if it works like I think Jeff is saying it will - low vis classes will me more like low vis and less like 0 vis, then giving them a way to reduce the firing vis or cooldown time sounds pretty good. I don't like the current system of seers being invisible from 10 pixels away, firing, and then completely disappearing again in a couple seconds. Giving them less firing vis, but for a longer time, sounds like a good idea to me.

Or, we can just go with churchill's idea and make it a rule that you have to go get killed by one of their bases if you flare them. . . Sorry Church, but that one really did make me scratch my head a bit.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20

The problem with that, myrtok, is that being seen for any longer than that split second=death.

Seriosly, if someone has time to tractor a stealth person, the person dies. If they have time to even get shots off, the person dies, because the shots track even after the person stealths... In order to get the high DPH a sniper or a seer needs, they often have to sacrifice shields. the maximum you could probably get would be 35k or so, and that would likely take away a good 15% of your damage and make you move as slow as a bavarian donkey on crack!

What he was saying, also, is that you would get vis based on your damage and recoil...so a SD with a jiji would have a .5 second time before they stealth again, and about 1000 visiblity, while a Sniper using a V2 rocket would get 30k+ visibility for 12.5 seconds...which is Plenty of time to kill you, blow you to peices and display your jewels above their space mantelpiece!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:27 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next