It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:43 am

Dev Team

Post Re: Overloaders
I've read all your posts very carefully, and I'm afraid I see no reason not to proceed as planned.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to post your opinions though!

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:47 am
Profile E-mail

Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2466
Class: Engineer

That was bold to say .
WHy did you even post about it ? So you can say you did ? This is one of the purest posts - each poster gave you good arguments against no flaming or anger etc..
ANd you say "I've read all your posts very carefully, and I'm afraid I see no reason not to proceed as planned."
...."Me insulting you " :).... Do whatever you wanted just do not play lets pretend - u suck at it ...

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

He asked for your opinion, that doesnt mean he has to agree with it.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:09 am

Thrue but IMO answers where surprisingly good and not worth such a fast dismissal .
Im just disapointed he made it so obvious that he asked only pro-form ...

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:21 am

Team: None
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 1203
Class: Shield Monkey

I for one will not be posting my opinion anymore in Dev Notes if the person asking for the opinion does not AT LEAST put up a counter argument to my opinion... :|

Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:41 am
Profile E-mail YIM

I'd like an explanation for "nerfing" anything that was supposedly balanced.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:38 pm

Jester_Motley wrote:
I'd like an explanation for "nerfing" anything that was supposedly balanced.

Exactly, not only did they BALANCE it according to the tables, they also hand tweaked it.

So why come back later and fuck with it?

I smell Exploiting, Jey is probably conspiring with ContentCollider to Nerf those over loaders so he doesn't get killed as easily the next time... :roll:

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112
Class: Speed Demon

What the balance sheets can allow the admins to do is to add content without adding 'broken' content. This simply means some things get moved around so that there is more room for content.

Mathmatically there is no nerf, its just a differnt item that will now allow you to get the same dps. Its just differnt content.

Instead of having one of the best overloaders availible cheeply and universaly a supply and demand will be created, thereby driving the economy.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:01 pm

U are full of it turbinia . OL stable where nerfed so we have high failure rate OLs . Same thing you can say about anything : we take lions out of the game but let in new great tweaks in high lvl dgs . SO we move around things a little and it is great for economy ...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Your raising hell about nothing, refute my points if you feel I'm wrong.

I'm full of <3.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:38 pm

WHat points ?
You mean that try at making a point that if by combination of certain items you can come to same DPS according to balance sheets but it does not matter where do you get those items ?

Your point is Mathematically correct but unsmart .

Im normally full of <3 as well but not for people whose sole purpuse is to little a little flame in rare serious posts ...

Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Trouser23 wrote:
What the balance sheets can allow the admins to do is to add content without adding 'broken' content. This simply means some things get moved around so that there is more room for content.

Mathmatically there is no nerf, its just a differnt item that will now allow you to get the same dps. Its just differnt content.

Instead of having one of the best overloaders availible cheeply and universaly a supply and demand will be created, thereby driving the economy.

You sir, need to go back to school and take some basic english and math classes. Adding something is not the same as moving something. Semantically, or mathematically.

What the balance sheets are supposed to do is to allow the addition of items without needing to change any existing item, and be assured of power balance. This does not mean changing/moving an existing item, much less "nerfing" one.

What the game balance sheets mean is that an item at X level with Y attributes and Z stats = Constant. If you reduce or take away from X, Y, Z, you must expand or add to X, Y, Z to keep the item balanced.

Nerfing an item is taking away from an item, without adding. You now have an unbalanced equation/item.

Giving Dastardly's less damage bonus, without a corresponding increase in a different stat, reduction of level, etc, creates an unbalanced item. It doesn't matter if some other item is being added with it's stats, the OL Dastardly is still unbalanced.

And, if as you are suggesting, the item is effectively being moved off AI stations, to DG drops, then a corresponding INCREASE in power is required, as the availability trait of the item has changed (thus requiring an increase in X, Y, or Z).

We, the players, have been told, by the admins/devs, that they aren't allowed to break the balance sheets.

Whether or not this is needed, or if the OL Dastardy should or should not be sold on AI stations is not the point. The question I asked, and has been asked repeatedly without response is why are the balance sheets not being followed, and why now, with this item? Why not when it was pointed out that the Vulture is better than the DS? We were specifically told that the DS couldn't be beefed, and the Vulture can't be nerfed, because the balance sheet said they're balanced.

Once again, I'm asking for an explanation for "nerfing" anything that was supposedly balanced.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Maybe this will explain myself better.

Basically the point being the red 5 would be the current most powerful item in a balance sheet, as such it is rated at a 9. New content wants to be added (yellow items in vertical B), but they cant have anything more powerful than rating 9, but 2 new items will be more powerful than 5. There for 9 is rated a 9 and everything else is redistributed.

I have no knowledge of how the current balance sheet work but this makes logical sense. If you do not want items more powerful than a theoretical value of 9, but you want an item more powerful than the 5 it only makes sense to redistribute the power of the current items.

Therefor the balance sheet is still working, there are still items with different power ratings and there is no violation of the maximum power of all items in the game. It is just a different way of looking at it that the balance sheets are not broken in this case, but in fact defined that the 'nerf' needed to take place.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:27 pm

I told you turbinia is just a little flamer just ignore him . Turbinia go trolling somewhere else!

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Redistributing is taking away some of the Dastardly's Damage and putting in some Elec, Range or SOMETHING!

Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:18 pm
Profile E-mail YIM