It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:23 pm

Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Comments about Pre-Alpha Video 2
Since you guys can't reply here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33686 ... Comments can go here :)

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:36 pm

Team: Silent Death
Main: Pietro-2.0
Level: 16
Class: None

Post Re: Comments about Pre-Alpha Video 2
Very very nice. Good work, fellas. Is this still coming out in sept?

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

only thing i Dont like is how certain ships that should be a bit more bulbous are too flat...the helga, for example, and the behemoth. other than that, uber1337!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901
Class: Engineer

Demiser of D wrote:
only thing i Dont like is how certain ships that should be a bit more bulbous are too flat...the helga, for example, and the behemoth. other than that, uber1337!

Agreed As i always veiwed the helga to be moar fatter looking.

Other than that I really liked the video...Could you make it when you fly through other ships engine trails it gets distorted? I mean a minor detail but would make the game look much nicer and cleaner.

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966
Class: Speed Demon

Okay, made a little list as I was watching this so that I can give you guys some feedback.

I'll start with the good stuff. The planets look perfect now, I think BlindSide did a great job with it considering all the conflicting input he got from us. The warp effect is also really good, much better than I was expecting. The soundtrack rocked.

Now for the 'okay' stuff. I like the icon warnings around the edge of the screen in principal, but I do find it very distracting. The sun interference also looks a bit dated, although it does hold true to the original client.

There are a lot of things, however, that I have an issue with. Firstly, the zooming sound is really bad... it's just plain annoying. Secondly, the slave tracking looked terribly slow, but I assume this will be fixed with the new server code. I realise that Jeff said that the GUI on the left was just a place holder, however I really hope that the new GUI is going to be completely different. You guys need to move away from having it all in one place, and you really need to ditch that turquoise colour. There are absolutely no redeeming features about the design, composition and style of the current GUI.

I look forward to seeing what Qu4NtuM comes up with.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Team: None
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 1203

The engines need a makeover.

I strongly suggest that they do not have their own inertia, and that instead of behaving moving like they do now, i suggest they ALWAYS are moving in the exact opposite direction of the ship.

Cause right now, it looks really horrid.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:58 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

When i post the Player/dev logs you can see the works of the new GUI.

One thing i didnt see was when jeff selected the ai the Health bar didnt show up as he was shooting it. Nor did a window that Showed the lvl Team etc.

Trevor.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2429
Class: Berserker

Hey, awesome vid. I like the warp effects and the sun interference when you get too close. The style of how things look is cool too, however I'd really appreciate it if there could be some video or screenshots posted using the traditional top-view, instead of the 45 degree angle.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:03 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Takuhi wrote:
Okay, made a little list as I was watching this so that I can give you guys some feedback.

I'll start with the good stuff. The planets look perfect now, I think BlindSide did a great job with it considering all the conflicting input he got from us. The warp effect is also really good, much better than I was expecting. The soundtrack rocked.

Now for the 'okay' stuff. I like the icon warnings around the edge of the screen in principal, but I do find it very distracting. The sun interference also looks a bit dated, although it does hold true to the original client.

There are a lot of things, however, that I have an issue with. Firstly, the zooming sound is really bad... it's just plain annoying. Secondly, the slave tracking looked terribly slow, but I assume this will be fixed with the new server code. I realise that Jeff said that the GUI on the left was just a place holder, however I really hope that the new GUI is going to be completely different. You guys need to move away from having it all in one place, and you really need to ditch that turquoise colour. There are absolutely no redeeming features about the design, composition and style of the current GUI.

I look forward to seeing what Qu4NtuM comes up with.

I'm glad you've outlined issues in the order from the most worked on to the least, means we're doing things right on the parts we're working on.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:21 pm

Team: Traders
Main: JBWSlave
Level: 1810
Class: Fleet Commander

Very nice, i love the warping affect, and the planets look amazing......but i didnt see the travel form and Battle Form Jeff was talking about....maybe it was there and i just couldn't tell the diffrence......one thing i can say though....is some of the ships need to look more 3D......they are very thin....EFC was ok but could do with a beff in its fatness....so it comes closer to its rods that stick out......same with the helga it looks paper thin.....take a look at this.....

i dont expect it to look like this.....but just saying it should be a bit thicker...as you can see

Last edited by cgcgames3 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2466
Class: Engineer

Will be able to tweak the color scheme ? I do not like the pastel feeling game has it . I love when i can see clearly (like that shrimp in last video) .
Congrats on great work !!!

and there is 35 days until September when we will have first word of postponement ? XD hehehe

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:27 pm

Team: Eminence Back
Main: t-master
Level: 2037

I like it, I love it, I'll dream about it, I wanna lick it, I wanna marry it, it's just plain awesome!

except i dont like the look of capital ships... they should look uber big and mighty... but its just a stick with a few rods around it. its to much open

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: JBWSlave
Level: 1810
Class: Fleet Commander

tiemie wrote:
I like it, I love it, I'll dream about it, I wanna lick it, I wanna marry it, it's just plain awesome!

except i dont like the look of capital ships... they should look uber big and mighty... but its just a stick with a few rods around it. its to much open

Thats why i think they should make it look more like mine XD but thats a EFD......thay need it to expand up higher instead of making the rods stick far out and have a paper thin ship

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Love the soundtrack, background nebulae and stars, the wormholes, and the warping effect(uber). Planets are also much better than they were.

I didn't see very many suns I liked, nor ships. (although zebus and tints look pretty sweet)

Quote:
Will be able to tweak the color scheme?

QFT and for example: The gray and white EF ships Sicuro posted in Misc.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Last edited by Visorak on Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Uth Matar wrote:
Will be able to tweak the color scheme ? I do not like the pastel feeling game has it . I love when i can see clearly (like that shrimp in last video) .
Congrats on great work !!!

and there is 35 days until September when we will have first word of postponement ? XD hehehe

How many days till the last day of September? :)

Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:09 pm