It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:29 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: June 8th, 2009 - Dev Update 17
pip8786 wrote:
^^ Agreed with above post very much.

Then ever class to needs to be worked out aswell.

There is many kinks in every class....fixing one will get you well 1/8(if there is 8 classes) of the way done? Aka nowhere.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ingendum
Level: 1364

MagicSteve wrote:
long post

Exactly what I wanted to write, but you said it much better

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:32 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

trevor54 wrote:
pip8786 wrote:

There is many kinks in every class....fixing one will get you well 1/8(if there is 8 classes) of the way done? Aka nowhere.

1/8th is more then 0/8th and therefore progress.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Many players have a second account primarily so they can multi client with a ShM.

If monkeys require an active player to run them there is little point in having a second account.

I notice that some posters are from my own team. I also know that we , like most teams have difficulty in getting squads together to do ubers and proposed runs are frequently aborted because of lack of players. If you make the ShM requirements more difficult to the extent that people are not inclined to MC then there will simply be less uber runs.

Last edited by Russell on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 1941
Class: Berserker

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
pip8786 wrote:
trevor54 wrote:
pip8786 wrote:

1/8th is more then 0/8th and therefore progress.

i lol'd

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Team: None
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

Russell wrote:
Many players have a second account primarily so they can multi client with a ShM.

If monkeys require an active player to run them there is little point in having a second account.

I notice that some posters are from my own team. I also know that we , like most teams have difficulty in getting squads together to do ubers and proposed runs are frequently aborted because of lack of players. If you make the ShM requirements more difficult to the extent that people are not inclined to MC then there will simply be less uber runs.

Why do you struggle to get enough players?
The game has a small player base.

Why does the game have a small playerbase?
Overly simplistic combat mechanics and boss encounters.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

MagicSteve wrote:
Russell wrote:

Why do you struggle to get enough players?
The game has a small player base.

Why does the game have a small playerbase?
Overly simplistic combat mechanics and boss encounters.

I really must disagree with the combat being overly simplistic. In most MMOs, you press a button and watch your character fight the enemy, sometimes pressing a key for him to cast a spell or use a special ability. You do not dodge, you do not aim, ect. All in all, Star Sonata has one of the more involved combat systems I have seen in an MMO.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Main: Ingendum
Level: 1364

Russell wrote:

Base slots, mission slots and forcing ShMs to do more than nothing doesn't mean multiclienting will be impossible, it will just require a little bit more multitasking. I'm fairly sure C2 will support multiple monitors (if not, implement please), which will make MCing a lot easier.
Russell wrote:

Are you saying you want me to stop voicing my thoughts about my favorite class? You may be my leader, but you can't take that right off me.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

longname wrote:
Russell wrote:

Are you saying you want me to stop voicing my thoughts about my favorite class? You may be my leader, but you can't take that right off me.

to me at least it doesn't seem like he's saying that to you. rather to the admins that if you make MCing too difficult you will screw over small teams with a few players with multiple accounts each, those that need to MC to make up numbers on a run.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Death Mental
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 2942

simple solution stop living like mormons and recruit more active players. ubers shud not be easy unless u are a weak team and indicating this would dry up uber runs on your team implies you therefore are a weak/small team and there are ways to combat that. for most teams in the top 20 on leaderboard this would add variety and lead to more uber runs if anything :roll:

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Gee I thought we were discussing the implications of a rejig of SHMs, Ashta.

Shorty I would be the last person to muzzle your right to free speech, however ill considered.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:13 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: leonard Mccoy
Level: 2500

The changes sound really nice but who is working on the seer/sniper items? The above mentioned classes need what you are doing no doubt but they are hardly neglected. Seer and sniper on the other hand are the red headed step child of SS. Any ideas on when these classes will be worked on? Leo

Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

Russell wrote:
I also know that we , like most teams have difficulty in getting squads together to do ubers and proposed runs are frequently aborted because of lack of players. If you make the ShM requirements more difficult to the extent that people are not inclined to MC then there will simply be less uber runs.

Any multiple account player worth his salt has an ShM on one account and a Zerker on the other so they can "solo" anything but emp and lion every time their lockout ends. If anything, taking that ability away would probably lead to more team runs in most teams.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:59 pm

pip8786 wrote:
Hey Guys,

We've decided to make the engineer missions non-exclusive since otherwise the 2 non-BFD chains would never be used. Since the other 2 items are mostly for the support role of the DM, it won't boost their power by much but will make it so people that don't choose the BFD route don't lose the chance to have one of the best drones in the game.

Can someone tell me if this is in yet?

Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:28 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266
Class: Fleet Commander

The_bones wrote:
pip8786 wrote:
Hey Guys,

We've decided to make the engineer missions non-exclusive since otherwise the 2 non-BFD chains would never be used. Since the other 2 items are mostly for the support role of the DM, it won't boost their power by much but will make it so people that don't choose the BFD route don't lose the chance to have one of the best drones in the game.

Can someone tell me if this is in yet?

^^^^^^

Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:31 am