It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 pm

Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Surrender Proposal on Wiki - Your Feedback here.
This is a place to give feedback about the second bit on this page:
http://wiki.starsonata.com/index.php/Pr ... ar_Changes

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: brandonTC..
Level: 2610
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Surrender Proposal on Wiki - Your Feedback here.
The general idea of being able to surrende is good. The Exact specifacations not so much >.> Currently i can think of no fair terms of surrender that cant be abused/cheated on, so i propose.....

When you surender, it creates a period of time when your team cannot attack the team formaly at war with you, and the formaly oposing team has to undo safty lock to attack. Then the leaders of the 2 teams decide on a fair "terms of surrender".
The exact time of the "surrendered period" could be around 72 hours.

Nothing specific, just an idea i had.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:01 pm
Profile E-mail

I like the idea, but it could cause problems.

Say a team attacks a big gal -- it takes a bit of planning and that many people aren't on that often in my experience. said team surrenders, voiding the attack, then redeclares in a week?

I'd add a 24 hour hour timer as with the declarations, methinks.

other than that, seems to be an elegant solution.

Would we still be able to end a war as normal with no surrendering, assuming both sides agreed?

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:02 am
Profile YIM

Team: Eminence Back
Main: t-master
Level: 2037

I like the idea

Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:52 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Jackson
Level: 20
Class: None

Can you remove paying for declares, frankly its stupid.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 am
Profile E-mail

Main: brandonTC..
Level: 2610
Class: Berserker

Not completly stupid, whould not want some random team Declaring on just about EVERYONE, now would we?

Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:55 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833
Class: Engineer

Make it so that it takes 72 hours after surrendering for the surrender to enter effect and allow the team they surrendered to to set a tithe between 0-25% or so and it sounds good.

Don't want people assaulting a bunch of enemy galaxies and then surrendering before the enemy can return fire.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:10 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Guys, remember that surrendering can only be done after 1 week of war, minimum. However, a timer for surrendering would make sense since the other 2 also require a timer.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:02 am

Can you explain how the "under the victor's protection" will work? The way I read it seemed as thought a victorious team would be required to defend the loser against other teams at war with them. How exactly are you going to force a team to war another team?

And Nuro 25% tithe? wtf man.

I'm actually kinda curious as to why SS wants to introduce any of this at all, seems kinda "nanny state" kinda shit to me.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:53 am

Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833

pip8786 wrote:
Guys, remember that surrendering can only be done after 1 week of war, minimum. However, a timer for surrendering would make sense since the other 2 also require a timer.

The thing is that after that week is up the opposing team could get together a huge assault to cause as much damage as possible as well as cap your team's bases, then surrender so you can't try to perform the same damage to them or get your bases back.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:56 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763

Quote:
To be done ASAP (note that until this is done, the future laying of an HQ to BVB will be deemed an exploit):
Declaration of War (DoW) will take 24 hours to take effect. It is announced to both teams that there has been a declaration and how many hours until it takes effect. Reciprocal DoW's can be immediate and if done during the 24 hour wait time, can immediately start the war. Thus if team A wants to start stuff with team B, team B can choose any earlier start time it wants during that first 24 hours, allowing it to preemptively counter-attack neighboring galaxies.
BvB in an owned galaxy requires
a current active DoW from the team deploying the base in the owned galaxy and
the adjacent owned galaxy must have been owned for 24 hours before deployment in the victim's galaxy

This part is fine.

Quote:
f team A has had DoW against it for a total time of 1 week since the beginning of the universe, they get the new option in team control to surrender to that team. The surrender creates a 10% tribute similar to the imperial tithe and cancels the current DoW and prevents further DoW during this universe. Team A can cancel the tribute a week after it has started which will then reset the total DoW time counted against it, allowing the DoW team to DoW again for another week before team A can again surrender. The tribute only affects DoW and not any PvP or anything else at this time, though in the future, we may think about tying it to the emperor runs and having to get a certain percentage of the players to surrender to you. Surrendering to another team essentially puts you into their protection, in which case a DoW on you by another team will also be a DoW against the victors to whom you surrendered. This will prevent small teams from being DoWed by a lot of big teams for the tithe, since after 1 they will have protection. The tithe may be player set in a certain range (this has not been decided yet).

This part is not. Surrender should be left up to the teams that are involved, not to some game mechanism.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

i agree there should be more risk going into a war + more outcome for a winning team...

But I like the tithe so do a tithe+ let them teams finish the settlement.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

DoW team should be able to refuse the surrender.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Quote:
f team A has had DoW against it for a total time of 1 week since the beginning of the universe, they get the new option in team control to surrender to that team. The surrender creates a 10% tribute similar to the imperial tithe and cancels the current DoW and prevents further DoW during this universe. Team A can cancel the tribute a week after it has started which will then reset the total DoW time counted against it, allowing the DoW team to DoW again for another week before team A can again surrender. The tribute only affects DoW and not any PvP or anything else at this time, though in the future, we may think about tying it to the emperor runs and having to get a certain percentage of the players to surrender to you. Surrendering to another team essentially puts you into their protection, in which case a DoW on you by another team will also be a DoW against the victors to whom you surrendered. This will prevent small teams from being DoWed by a lot of big teams for the tithe, since after 1 they will have protection. The tithe may be player set in a certain range (this has not been decided yet).

I assume something will be done about the fact that, according to those rules, you would declare war on yourself if you attack a team again after they surrender? :P

Besides that, it sounds nice to me, especially that part about emp having to get other teams to surrender.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:53 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808

10% is a huge amount.

Consider if several teams attack at the same time. Do they each get 10%??

Also consider this senerio team A surrenders to B, B surrenders to C etc, the team at the end of the food chain is going to get a large income.

Another problem is attack on a client team. I doubt a simple declaration of war is going to achieve much UNLESS a subsequent surrender transfers the tyth to the new attacker rather than adding another 10% tyth.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:18 am
Profile E-mail YIM