It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post May 27th, 2009 - Dev update 15
Hey guys,

Our agenda consisted of the following:

Slave swarms - We invited Sodomy to talk with us on chat about this issue, here is the new solution:
* RC+SR*2 / tech = number of slaves for that tech ship (same as now)
* RC/2 rounded up + SR/2 rounded down = hard cap for any tech combat slaves

Multiple missile bays allowing extremely fast missile launching - We determined this was what we wanted to happen, since you're still limited by the number of missiles you can fire at once and the bays are rather large.

[Players were asking if demolishing your HQ, then laying it next to your enemy and using the ownership system to lay siege bases in your enemy territory is considered to be an exploit.] - For this we came up with a new system for war and BvB, which will be made public in a separate post as soon as the details are ironed out. The above will be considered an exploit until those changes are made. Thanks for your understanding.

Other then that we talked about C2 development for quite a long time, and Quantum, Dorth, Jeff and I iterated through a ton of UI designs made by Quantum, slowly approaching what the C2 UI will look like. I will wait a bit longer before showing those shots to make sure Quantum has everything he wants in them. I think you'll like it very much.

-pip-

Wed May 27, 2009 9:06 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833
Class: Engineer

Post Re: May 27th, 2009 - Dev update 15
pip8786 wrote:
For this we came up with a new system for war and BvB, which will be made public in a separate post as soon as the details are ironed out.

Any idea how long it will be until this is finalized and the player base is informed. Just a general idea such as: a week, a month, around C2. If possible to predict that is.

I'm happy about the change to reduce usable techs on ships as it will reduce the power of swarms as well as give some use to the lower-tech, more-expensive gears.

Wed May 27, 2009 9:25 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Aidelon
Main: deadbeat
Level: 2944
Class: Fleet Commander

Quote:
Slave swarms - these were deemed too powerful for lower levels seen as how level 200's can kill forgones etc with them. In order to fix this problem, the tech level of gear on a ship will be limited to ship tech + 10.

thats not too bad, just bad for energy .

Wed May 27, 2009 9:34 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Nuromishi wrote:
Any idea how long it will be until this is finalized and the player base is informed. Just a general idea such as: a week, a month, around C2. If possible to predict that is.

I'm happy about the change to reduce usable techs on ships as it will reduce the power of swarms as well as give some use to the lower-tech, more-expensive gears.

We have the wiki document written out, ill move it into public once everyone has had a chance to make edits/comments. Probably tonight some time.

Sitef wrote:
Quote:
Slave swarms - these were deemed too powerful for lower levels seen as how level 200's can kill forgones etc with them. In order to fix this problem, the tech level of gear on a ship will be limited to ship tech + 10.

thats not too bad, just bad for energy .

Be sure to understand that I did say Ships, not just slaves. We didn't think it would harm the playerbase much at all since most players would not use something that much higher tech then their ship.

Wed May 27, 2009 9:46 am

Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2466

U sure you want leave those fraighter
pip8786 wrote:
Hey guys,

Multiple missile bays allowing extremely fast missile launching - We determined this was what we wanted to happen, since you're still limited by the number of missiles you can fire at once and the bays are rather large.

-pip-

This is not only OP but Uber uber uber OP . Just imagine gunner with best ones WMA ( not sure what is the corect name i dont use them) with ship with bunch of hull (dread , pax rhino etc .. )with RoF of 0,1 sec . Teammate of mine can easyly brake the base shields in gal full of great ( almoast uber bases) - iirc he needed cca 1,5 min to take almaost 2 mil shields .
Against that kind of damage noone can stand to them - This is only with bases i think i dont need to say what it means for ubers soloing ...

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Wed May 27, 2009 10:05 am

Quote:
Be sure to understand that I did say Ships, not just slaves. We didn't think it would harm the playerbase much at all since most players would not use something that much higher tech then their ship.

People do all the time, shields, engines, weapons.
It's a horrible idea to continue this trend in my opinon, you're losing the customization of the game and making it fit in with the other mmos out there that restrict tech levels.

Why not making harder to get the skills instead of just fitting in with every other MMO out there? Or make Warp navigation require certain levels to train (not use) as it would screw over current chars.

I mean honestly first you started with fighter bays and missile launchers, then you did drones and now you're changing the gear for every ship out there. SS is losing one of its major features and that is it's customization.

Figure out another way to make balance, don't ruin the current features of the game. I'm saying that from a perspective of someone that has played every game on the market out there so far and I don't use slave swarms myself but do this and continue this trend and you will lose your feature set.

Wed May 27, 2009 10:06 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112
Class: Speed Demon

Really do not like the tech limit. Don't mind it so much for slaves, but for all ships really? So now i can't use my traveling shield on my hotrod+? What is the point on this for player ships?

Wed May 27, 2009 10:09 am

Main: Ingendum
Level: 1364

No Grape Influences on hotrod trading slaves? Sucks. I'm sure there is another way to make slave swarms less powerfull than that.

Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 am

Team: None
Main: blacknator(knight)
Level: 1279

my main has no problem with the gear but my alts wil get alot of problems cus my seer uses a tech 16 BSS and needs high tech gear like Venu Jack to do some dmage.

then i have my FC in a EFF and he wud suck with that gear thing.

Wed May 27, 2009 11:12 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

You should probably read the post again. It's tech level +10. Which means that a ship that is tech 10 or higher will be able to use tech 20 gear. Your tech 16 BSS and your tech 10 EFF will not be affected.

Wed May 27, 2009 11:17 am

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

what about the tech 9 faranji wingship? it loses t20 gear, making it about 25% as useful.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed May 27, 2009 11:44 am

Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833

Demiser of D wrote:
what about the tech 9 faranji wingship? it loses t20 gear, making it about 25% as useful.

What player uses tech 20 gear on a fwing?

Wed May 27, 2009 11:47 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Fwing is a tech 9 ship. Not really meant to be used for high end content so no harm done there if you ask me.

Wed May 27, 2009 11:58 am

The Voomy One wrote:
Fwing is a tech 9 ship. Not really meant to be used for high end content so no harm done there if you ask me.

I know of a few players that use high tech gear on them, sometimes for actual use.

But in all honesty why not just leave it the same and balance warp navigation via levels?

Any class in the game can solo Forgones at fairly low level with the right setup..

I do not like the idea at all that SS is becoming more and more restricted on the customization, before long it'll just be like any other game out there and people will just take their money to them. Band-aid approach as usual in my opinion.

Wed May 27, 2009 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: lll
Main: Nukka
Level: 2147
Class: Berserker

pip8786 wrote:
Slave swarms - the tech level of gear on a ship will be limited to ship tech + 10.

seriously, not much of a nerf in my opinion.

Wed May 27, 2009 12:20 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next