It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:15 am

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Post Re: April 6th 2009 - Dev Update 10
howzxabout just no t20 gear is allowed in the collo? Do it team by team or something, with the quickest to kill it getting a reward, and give a pretty good reward, enough to encourage people to get some good t19 gear beforehand. Would be fun.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:11 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

I chose 4-6 characters because that is the number of people it is feasible to get from a team to do a run in my experience.

Ivelos, dont think levels 550-800 should get w20? What was the average level your character got w20? Honestly :)

As for the statement that it took 20+ players of that level to do bana in the begining that may have been true for the first few runs when bana was new content but getting that sort of numbers together to do bana now is not viable. There is just too much else to do. :)

Still I like the idea of the EVENT I think I still have a character or two without w20 :P

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: pantalones
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 2706
Class: Fleet Commander

Russell wrote:
As for the statement that it took 20+ players of that level to do bana in the begining that may have been true for the first few runs when bana was new content but getting that sort of numbers together to do bana now is not viable. There is just too much else to do. :)

Point here is that if you wanna do it bad enough there is a way.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:22 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

Leveling without wep 20 after around level 750 is tough. Takes forever to kill stuff, and there a good chance of you dying first. It will probably be easier now that venu weps are T19, though.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Main: Don Juan
Level: 717
Class: Berserker

Ivelios wrote:
Russell wrote:
There you are Voomy a challenge. :)
Get a group of 4-6 level 550-800 average characters together and go and do Bana.

I know you will have fun

:)

I don't think average characters of level 550-800 should get weapons 20...

That's not what I want to hear :) I need level 20 and don't want to have to wait till after 800 to get help to get it.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:26 am

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

since when do you "Need" it? people in the old days got much higher than level 550 before they got t20 skills.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:45 am

Main: Ingendum
Level: 1364
Class: Shield Monkey

yugioh124 wrote:
Leveling without wep 20 after around level 750 is tough. Takes forever to kill stuff, and there a good chance of you dying first. It will probably be easier now that venu weps are T19, though.

To be honest, if I don't use my jiji, I use excom (t13) and venu mag (t19) to kill stuff. Before I got the jiji, I actually used an OHL to level off of Panthers..

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

longname wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:

To be honest, if I don't use my jiji, I use excom (t13) and venu mag (t19) to kill stuff. Before I got the jiji, I actually used an OHL to level off of Panthers..

Meh, my perspective is rather outdated. This is how it was back before I had weps 20 on my main. We still had the old skills, and god knows how many changes have been made to stuff since then.

Back then, with old sniper, I used an LC in my porpoise (2 ares, athena, popular setup back then) to kill MF slumbers, and occasionally BGs/forgones. I was able to tank a forgone's damage (I had a modded zebra hide, it was 1337 back then, and my regen was huge), but I had to kite it for over 50k distance to kill it. That was travelling at a forgone's normal speed.....

Also, if I was fighting a BG, there was a good chance I would die before it did. Even back before the massive swarms we have today, it was common for another AI to jump in while you were fighting the first. Also, I could just get sloppy and be killed by the original BG.

Kinda wandering here, but in conclusion, people leveling their first char without wep 20 don't have access to all the wealth, knowledge, tactics and general skills that long-term players have, which is something most people seem to forget.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Main: Don Juan
Level: 717
Class: Berserker

Demiser of D wrote:
since when do you "Need" it? people in the old days got much higher than level 550 before they got t20 skills.

I don't want to be denied it because someone thinks I'm not high enough level to have it. That's all. I have the skill points saved up for my core skills to reach 20, and it would really suck for my team to tell me "sorry, you're not high enough"

Hey in my old days the porpoise was like "the" ship, and catapults were one of the best weapons you could get. Level 550 was extremely rare.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:22 pm