It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:16 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Post Re: Update: 4.01.09
Quote:
you had better atleast release some more info on the place at the same time, to calm tempers down

You see most of the things Cael listed will actually be there when it's done. And the galaxies you can now go to are the actual galaxies. So it's both a joke and a preview.

Too bad some players are just plain negative towards everything. If we do something fast you complain that it hasnt been tested properly. If we take our time trying to do it right you complain that it's taking too long.

It can take more then a week to make a single AI. A single item can easily take a whole day. Galaxies are probably even more work then a AI.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:11 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 1941
Class: Berserker

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
The Voomy One wrote:
If we do something fast you complain that it hasnt been tested properly. If we take our time trying to do it right you complain that it's taking too long.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:13 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

The Voomy One wrote:
It can take more then a week to make a single AI. A single item can easily take a whole day. Galaxies are probably even more work then a AI.

^^ What this guy said ^^

It took me the better part of two days (about 12 hrs of work) to put together a bare-bones test version of the least complex boss in UZ v2.0. If only you had any idea how much time it took Atlum and I to take UZ v1.0 from concept to finished (and that's about half the size of what I'm working on solo).

I know that I am not rushing out content like Blizzard (and WoW players complain about their rate of content creation), but you have to realize, they have a very, very large team. For SS, it's mostly just me... and I'm pretty busy without having to worry about SS.

In any case, people are angry-ing up the joke. Cut it out already and lighten up :) Check out the new galaxies while they're up.

Caelestis - I'm sorry for the weak anagram. I just couldn't resist.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:28 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: GeneralMayhem
Level: 1879
Class: Speed Demon

The Voomy One wrote:
Excuse us for trying to do something fun....

It was funny. People running around blowing up everything they could, spraying bullets all over the place.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:16 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

Looks pretty uber to me Cael, I LOVE the graphics in the dg level.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

i can agree the graphics were neat that i saw. but like blizzard you guys have a habit of starting something and never following through. thus why there are t20 tractors and no tractor 20, why micron is unfinished, why engineer has been a partial class since its emergence from the cloud..ect.

THAT is what i was angry about. it reminds me of crap unfinished..stuff that should have been done right after it was put in. y'all need some organizing. ima poke pip and see what he can do.
*pulls out his poking stick*
Attachment:
baton_zoom.jpg

Sodomy wrote:
Although I do find it somewhat funny, if you are going to do an april fools joke with this, you had better atleast release some more info on the place at the same time, to calm tempers down :P

*makes goldie some tea and biscuits*

an i dun want no tea an biscuits! *goes off to be moody elsewhere and possibly snag a cup of tea out of habit*

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

saran wrote:
i can agree the graphics were neat that i saw. but like blizzard you guys have a habit of starting something and never following through. thus why there are t20 tractors and no tractor 20, why micron is unfinished, why engineer has been a partial class since its emergence from the cloud..ect.

THAT is what i was angry about. it reminds me of crap unfinished..stuff that should have been done right after it was put in. y'all need some organizing. ima poke pip and see what he can do.

Do you work 24/7? I'm guessing not since you play this game. Why do you expect the VOLUNTEERS that work on this game to work on it 24/7? Cool off or fuck off.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:05 pm

Team: None
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1876

Are the gals still up? Or did I miss them?

I kinda wanna see em :D

~BD

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:09 am

Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 927
Class: Engineer

pip8786 wrote:
saran wrote:

Do you work 24/7? I'm guessing not since you play this game. Why do you expect the VOLUNTEERS that work on this game to work on it 24/7? Cool off or fuck off.

How long has the new class system been in and us engineers been waiting for you to finish it?

Maybe if instead of putting in micron when you did you could have finished engineer, or instead of balancing a third of an an unfinished class(assuming tractors is 1/3, tweak gens is 1/3 and drones is 1/3) you could have finished the class and balanced that third that has been in?

Saran, and myself, are not asking for 24/7 work from you all. What we are asking is that if instead of working on implementing something new you finish the work on something that was already implemented.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:49 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

kagekami wrote:
pip8786 wrote:
saran wrote:

How long has the new class system been in and us engineers been waiting for you to finish it?

Maybe if instead of putting in micron when you did you could have finished engineer, or instead of balancing a third of an an unfinished class(assuming tractors is 1/3, tweak gens is 1/3 and drones is 1/3) you could have finished the class and balanced that third that has been in?

Saran, and myself, are not asking for 24/7 work from you all. What we are asking is that if instead of working on implementing something new you finish the work on something that was already implemented.

didnt t20 skills come in before the very mention of classes?

but anyhow....why wait for a WHOLE uni before nano gear? knocking those stuff out LAST uni would have completed micron. it's like making copper 8 without the blob. or engineer and promise stuff that will be in "soon". "soon" is a misnomer for "after C2".

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 am

Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

maybe u should ask some of the players of SS if they have any skills which could be helpful? theres gotta be SOME peeps who have coding or graphics design experience

also, having more than 1 person per project could work too.... it seems to have worked for C2.... having just cael working on the most anticipated SS content since the orignal UZ means it could be another year before its done...

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

landswimmer wrote:
maybe u should ask some of the players of SS if they have any skills which could be helpful? theres gotta be SOME peeps who have coding or graphics design experience

also, having more than 1 person per project could work too.... it seems to have worked for C2.... having just cael working on the most anticipated SS content since the orignal UZ means it could be another year before its done...

We do invite quite a few ppl to become content volunteers, but they never get much done. This is because our current system is very hard to learn, but we don't have time to improve it yet because of all the other stuff we have going on. We do a have a few initiatives right now to make content creation easier, but it's going to take a while and we never know if they're actually going to get finished since its volunteers working on those too.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:13 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

kagekami wrote:
pip8786 wrote:
saran wrote:

We never heard this bullshit about an 'unfinished' class before the re-balance when DMs could do all the content solo in the game. Now that they can't, I agree that they do need polish on their other subskills and a few other things, but the most important thing was to make it so ppl like Ives couldn't do almost all the ubers by himself (not harping on ives, he's just one of the ppl i saw do it).

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:15 am

Team: pantalones
Main: flo02
Level: 2257

rawr, if you wanna enter the gal it requieres this key: Uber Kills

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:48 am

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806
Class: Seer

pip8786 wrote:
We never heard this bullshit about an 'unfinished' class before the re-balance when DMs could do all the content solo in the game. Now that they can't, I agree that they do need polish on their other subskills and a few other things, but the most important thing was to make it so ppl like Ives couldn't do almost all the ubers by himself (not harping on ives, he's just one of the ppl i saw do it).

This falls back into the "why nerf players instead of making new content/ current content harder". Its only a matter of time before some top players in another class begin to solo uber's.

Then what? Nerf them and begin the vicious cycle all over again?

You say you want to find ways for players to be more unique in there setups, but as soon as one player goes out of the zone designated for that class the whole class gets nerfed.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next