It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:38 am

Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: March 23rd 2009 - Dev Update 8
trevor54 wrote:
Dear Admins, You continue to say that Termites are fine, Well There not, I had a fully augged,for Shield regen and Offensive status. I had a charger, i had it all, This is beyond stupid. There is just about 2 termite mounds in each of my gals. Never before have i ever had such a problem with termites. 15 Termites spwned in less than a 3 day period. Not in one gal no, In couple. I have never seen such a mess. And there damage? just stupid, on a SM char, Full achillies charger etc...Died. Great. So let me get this right, You Admins hate base builders? And you hate the fact we make money off bases, Well im sorry, Take it out of the game if thats such a big problem. So you beef Termites to just under god status, and you make bases just above Shit. See the problem? Keep going like this and ill be gone, You avoid Fixing energies, and now termite mounds. How do you expect paying customers? Really.

How deep is your gal?

Also, stop being so damn dramatic.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: NukeACow
Level: 1760
Class: Speed Demon

Jester_Motley wrote:
Russell wrote:
The engine 20 skill is damn well impossible for my zerker. The only way it could be done was to change the class to SD. In my book that is unreasonable.

Frankly the mission is a pain in the backside. At my age i lack the manual dexterity to complete the mission in the time frame even using an SD and had to get a team-mate to do it for me.

With all due respect, you need no more manual dexterity to complete the missions than you do to play the rest of the game. And if lack that much dexterity, what are you doing even playing?

Sure, if you're just gonna race through the course straight forward without thought or imagination, then yeah, you need enough dexterity to pilot any speedy agile ship. But if you use some creativity, or communication skills, do some planning, you'll find the missions are easy for any class.

Try having a friend or two help out at certain points. Say, pre scooped keys, or pushing keys to you. And drifting along pre-marking the hard to spot gate, etc. Use tractors. Tweaks. I've done the missions for 4 classes now, and SD wasn't even the easiest.

Russell wrote:
As for tag alongs, if you are in a newbie team how do you have a difficult time getting into a bana run. In my experience newbies do their best to contribute firing their DWOs and firebeams at anything that moves and dying a lot as they dont get healed much. The "non-contributing" tag alongs are usually alts of higher level players.

The mission system is a logical progression and it works well.

The mission system _might_ have made sense with the old spawn rates. However even then, it's simply to easy to have several peeps sit in wing4's (or pods if they screw up) and get free skills. And now with no real waiting, and a saturated market, doing Bana is just another uber farming run, and anyone who want's to tag along for a free skill is welcome... Yeah, the commod system was restrictive, but it also _meant_ something to have weapons 20...

If they had just upped the respawn wait, it probably would have worked better, still keeping weapons 20 as meaningful, but more along the lines of Shields 20 use to be... Something you had to have some patience to get, but was immenantly attainable with patience and perserverence.

I did the Engines 20 mission in a shrimp. L2p?

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:44 pm

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306

To Trev,

maybe try consolidating some bases? spreading yourself too thin might cause you to not be able to do the necessary healing dps or the needed killing dps to kill the mites before they kill your bases. might help you out.

-ERMAN

Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:44 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

pip8786 wrote:
trevor54 wrote:
Dear Admins, You continue to say that Termites are fine, Well There not, I had a fully augged,for Shield regen and Offensive status. I had a charger, i had it all, This is beyond stupid. There is just about 2 termite mounds in each of my gals. Never before have i ever had such a problem with termites. 15 Termites spwned in less than a 3 day period. Not in one gal no, In couple. I have never seen such a mess. And there damage? just stupid, on a SM char, Full achillies charger etc...Died. Great. So let me get this right, You Admins hate base builders? And you hate the fact we make money off bases, Well im sorry, Take it out of the game if thats such a big problem. So you beef Termites to just under god status, and you make bases just above Shit. See the problem? Keep going like this and ill be gone, You avoid Fixing energies, and now termite mounds. How do you expect paying customers? Really.

How deep is your gal?

Also, stop being so damn dramatic.

DF170, I feel thats its almost an bug, Because east of my Hq, there is 15 Mounds West, There isnt any. Maybe its an error with the spreading of them

Dramatic is the only way i can get my post answered, I have asked for energies and Termites to be fixed in 5 or 6 post.

Quote:
To Trev,

maybe try consolidating some bases? spreading yourself too thin might cause you to not be able to do the necessary healing dps or the needed killing dps to kill the mites before they kill your bases. might help you
out

Erman, As a base builder yourself, i would assume you know the strength of gear, But to see that you dont, 1 achillies Mastry decently augged with all the works should have NO trouble killing a few termites.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Indeed, i thik you're supposed to have several "good" bases on every gal.
You can't expect to use 1 StM overpowered base and just only t12/14 EE bases beside...

BTW, i haven't seen any mound in our DF 200-300 galaxies yet...

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:08 pm

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

Max235 wrote:

BTW, i haven't seen any mound in our DF 200-300 galaxies yet...

then thats where the problem lies, As Gals with higher DF should be gettin mounds. As stated by our admins.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901
Class: Engineer

W1 galaxy also have build up of mounds and since not many people build their. They just grow out of control exponentially. So admins please fix the termite dispersal among other things? Go ahead take your time as I want everything fixed and no new problems coming up.

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:40 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: GeneralMayhem
Level: 1879

tzenda wrote:
i think all T20 skills should be chain missions like the engines 20. Make it a lill tougher to get and over all funner. I actually really enjoyed the engines 20 mission even tho it pissed me off in the process.

There is not any fun in the engines 20 mission, radar 19 or radar 20 mission. Weapons 20 is alright, shielding 20 is alright. Equipment 20 mission needs to be checked as seems to be unable to be completed (fix commod decay and equipment 20 will be fine).

Actually nothing fun about weapons 19.

IQ' Bana is fun. UZ sometimes is fun. DGs without platty bosses are fun.

Lunacy is too uber. Capt. Alby is boring, takes way too long to kill. Lower his shields, give him better turn. Slow down his rate of fire. Marco needs slight better shield, slghtly better turn.

Dg bosses shouldn't run away, but try stick to middle of the guard pack. Same with guard pack, they should engage at first, as numbers go down act as pack.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266
Class: Fleet Commander

I had a lot of fun in the engines 20 mission actually.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:27 pm