It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 pm

Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post Some more base changes
I further improved the Ablative Armor for bases to block 85% of all damage, but increased the build time and gave a max workers so that it should take at least 5 minutes to build one.

Base augmenters have been significantly improved to about 2x the power that they were before. You should not be wanting to use anything but base augs from now on, I think. The max workers for the base aug BP's have been removed.

Not specifically bases, but regarding system defenses, Adonis Drones, Argonaut Drones, etc up on the line have all been given shield transferences so that they can help keep nearby bases and each other healthy.

If bases are still too weak, we will make further changes.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:58 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Some more base changes
I've been less concerned with the Armor and more with the fact that Base shield regen is too low. Will that be fixed with tonight's patch?

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Cool with the drones, but there are only adonis, argo and ambro atm. Will admins be adding anda, achi and anni to finish the set? Would make sense, as well as add some more to the current total of two high-end perma drones, kasa quu and ancient defence.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:01 pm

When will this patch be going in ?

And also that still doesnt sound like much of a beef to bases after the huge nerf they got. Has base shields been fixed and are base augs smaller now ?

Will all base gear be balanced in time ? I heard somewhere you would need to create a seperate balance sheet for base gear?!?

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:02 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

More resists are effectively more regen and more bank. Also, the base chargers are still as powerful as always and I'm pretty sure those are affected by augs. The Achilles recovery augmenter now gives +320% regen.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:08 pm
Profile WWW

Problem is almost no one would use the Ablative armor. It's not cost effective against an assault and the chargers barely keep the Regen up against AI.

If you had said this would happen a month ago we'd have build those base augs, but we don't have them, we won't have them until after the initial reset. So in the mean time we'll be losing our bases left and right to AI and players.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: black sun
Level: 1381
Class: Berserker

Agreed. I know alot of bases will be lost and alot of people will be frustrated. Are base augs still of the same size?

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:16 pm

This shouldn't be put in to be honest, far too late and too close to reset and nothing of what we expected Jeff.

If this has to go in then something has to be done.. EG Make base augs smaller, remove max workers off chargers.

This shouldn't be just thrown out there on the final evening before reset considering we've been expecting the regen to be fixed because the base gear wasn't on its own balance sheet.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: stargeneral
Level: 1963
Class: Engineer

indeed, it is much to late to be making base augs...

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:50 pm

It can't be done.. I just remembered how much in terms of commods we need for the base augs.

If this goes through then its just going to be a PVP massacre.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647
Class: Speed Demon

Can someone please manually place base demolition kits in FM trade bay...
We sort of like.. Need them for next uni when our bases die and we can't place more without going to FM first

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:55 pm

JeffL wrote:
More resists are effectively more regen and more bank. Also, the base chargers are still as powerful as always and I'm pretty sure those are affected by augs. The Achilles recovery augmenter now gives +320% regen.

Achillies recovery augs used to be +60% reocvery so thats um 5 times increase. Are all base augs getting thier stats increased by 5X ?

Also base augs require a lot of mets and also tit sheets to build (+ up to sup augs)

People are not prepared nor have the time to build or ability to build all that in short notice.

Can you provide some sort of temp beef which you will take out of the game in say 2-3 weeks, which will beef bases a lot and give players the chance to build what they need.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:59 pm

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2254
Class: Berserker

Too little to late, bases should have some amount of survivability on their own, right now 2 basils and your t16 base is gone, most of us do not have the ability to spend the rest of the night building last minute base augs nor should we have to. I think that it is a problem that the entire player base will have to rely upon one expensive item to have any chance of a survivable base. (ablative armor)

My concern right now is not even against other players but most ai and especially the new larger amounts of termites can easily destroy all but the most expensive setups and those of large teams who have someone always on to kill the termites.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:00 pm
Officer

Team: Death Mental
Main: capt. mac
Level: 2931
Class: Speed Demon

Nice bomb to drop 14hrs before reset.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Sharky99x wrote:
Can you provide some sort of temp beef which you will take out of the game in say 2-3 weeks, which will beef bases a lot and give players the chance to build what they need.

I was going to suggest this myself.
with less than 24 hours before the reset there's no time whatsoever to build enough base augs to decently aug our bases.

Having a temporary beef untill we can sort out that problem would be wonderful.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:25 pm
Profile YIM