It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ivelios
Level: 2907
Class: Berserker

Post Re: March 12th 2009 - Dev Update 6.5
thebattler35 wrote:
ShMs are supposed to be one of the hardest people to kill, due to support nature.

in other games the support guy buffs and/or tanks. ShMs atm can only buff...

Give ShM more tanking ability, since we're pretty weakass if we get hit by any wep thanks to collision code, and monks generally being first targetted in PvP

To buff is to boost the stats of your allies.
To tank is to draw the attention of AI to you, so your entire group doesn't get slaughtered.

ShMs are neither buffers, nor tanks. They just heal, and are exceedingly good at it. If you give ShMs better "tanking" ability, they'd be impossible to kill. And since ShMs are targeted first in PvP, isn't it the job of your squad to protect you?

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

English Romantic poet John Keats.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:37 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

ShM are not tanks, they can't take damage well, they can just dish out a ton of heal efficiently.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Ivelios wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:
ShMs are supposed to be one of the hardest people to kill, due to support nature.

in other games the support guy buffs and/or tanks. ShMs atm can only buff...

Give ShM more tanking ability, since we're pretty weakass if we get hit by any wep thanks to collision code, and monks generally being first targetted in PvP

To buff is to boost the stats of your allies.
To tank is to draw the attention of AI to you, so your entire group doesn't get slaughtered.

ShMs are neither buffers, nor tanks. They just heal, and are exceedingly good at it. If you give ShMs better "tanking" ability, they'd be impossible to kill. And since ShMs are targeted first in PvP, isn't it the job of your squad to protect you?

The things that Buff allies are Aura Generators.

The thing that attracts AI attention is high hostility, and keeping themselves alive means +resists.

Do Shield Monkey skills even mention these things, battler?

No.

Fleet Commander mentions AG's, so they are the Buffers. Berserker mentions +hostility, so they are the Tankers, and keeping themselves alive, Berserker mentions +resists. Please could you get your facts straight before messing up the classes.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:21 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763

Why should a ShM be a tank? It should require actual skill to keep yourself alive in PvP, not merely a massive shield bank / regen.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:04 am

Team: Traders
Main: AcidFlame
Level: 2658
Class: Speed Demon

@ SAL, Yes, me AND mac (2 Sds) killed a zerker when both of us had like...10% shield left...

Just saying, in pvp, Shmks and zerkers have WAAAYYY too many shields

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:45 pm

Team: Traders
Main: AcidFlame
Level: 2658

@ battler, You're saying they need MORE shields for shmk? Wtf, you have 0 PvP experience so stay out of this conversation.

If you nerfed the heat, laser, and energy resist to 15% on a app ward, and made it so there was a way to keep a shmk from just logging when they are shot at (I suggested that you can tractor them after they log, and would boost the 90 sec rule to a 5 min rule and they would also dissapear after dieng...) Then I and everyone else who PvPs would be so happy...

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

AcidFlame wrote:
@ battler, You're saying they need MORE shields for shmk? Wtf, you have 0 PvP experience so stay out of this conversation.

If you nerfed the heat, laser, and energy resist to 15% on a app ward, and made it so there was a way to keep a shmk from just logging when they are shot at (I suggested that you can tractor them after they log, and would boost the 90 sec rule to a 5 min rule and they would also dissapear after dieng...) Then I and everyone else who PvPs would be so happy...

Agreed Nerf the panther and DS stats by the same difference.

SHM are easy to kill in pvp, Maybe you just cant find out what to use?

Because i know how to make shm die fast.

Or ill just get o lets say a rhino that has MASSIVE resist

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: GeneralMayhem
Level: 1879

Is The Dark broken? I tried hotrod mega with 5 radar augs. I also had a seer with me. Two hours couldn't find any ai.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:30 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266
Class: Fleet Commander

Brightneon wrote:
Is The Dark broken? I tried hotrod mega with 5 radar augs. I also had a seer with me. Two hours couldn't find any ai.

radar augs dont stack anymore.... also radar augs suck since they were nerfed a long time ago. try being a seer yourself in a high tech ship with lots of adv patrol augs. patrol augs didnt get the same nerf that radar augs got. even with a nice setup like that they still are only visible from a few hundred away, and the smaller ones only when they pass over you.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:47 am

Main: GeneralMayhem
Level: 1879

Finally found an ai in the dark yesterday, killed it, no commod. Waited hours, no respawn. Today found a single ai, killed it, no commod. So the dark isn't completely broken, the ai do exist. Wasn't because i couldn't see them before, it is because there was no ai to be seen.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266
Class: Fleet Commander

Brightneon wrote:
Finally found an ai in the dark yesterday, killed it, no commod. Waited hours, no respawn. Today found a single ai, killed it, no commod. So the dark isn't completely broken, the ai do exist. Wasn't because i couldn't see them before, it is because there was no ai to be seen.

what happens is that one will spawn with a few hestias, happens every so often, and you can see them without any radar augs. what you arent seeing is the 10 or so other ai in there.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Basically the Dark is now broken and the admins know about it. We just have to wait more or less patiently for them to fix it.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:35 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: pantalones
Main: Limpa
Level: 3143

so... all the accounts that have alts wanting radar19/20... are paying for broken product...

fix the damn thing, or give my chars radar20 ...

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:42 am

Radar 20 was a big pain in the ass before the rebalance.. it needs a complete rework imo. It's just plain boring annoying kill and wait for spawn bullshit. Especially considering the drop rate is less than 50%. Please make the mission to Kill 5 darker holes instead of turning in 5 commods.. this would be a major improvment..

Starbawk has had Radar 19 for 3 or 4 unis, and 3 Radar 20 commods for the last 2.5 unis. All this from a combined total of about 50 hours randomly farming the dark with my 4 adv exc patrol shrimp on a seer with maxed skills. That's like.. 2-3bil in augs, ship, tweaks and such for the least valuable T20 skill.. WHY?????

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763

We got it for three characters in one day.. it was fine. It's not supposed to be an easy skill to get. Just make it possible to more or less do it as it was done before the rebalance and it's all good.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:42 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8