It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:51 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649
Class: Berserker

Post Re: March 12th 2009 - Dev Update 6.5
Battlestations. They come way to often in dg bosses as something that can only realistically be done in a group. They do over 30k dmg (1 shot me)to my izer with titan lasers through resists, and about 28k with eth U's. They have insane range. Please nerf/make less common

Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Volties...

Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Team: Zephyr
Main: Ruin
Level: 2782
Class: Speed Demon

Bluejayek wrote:
Battlestations. They come way to often in dg bosses as something that can only realistically be done in a group. They do over 30k dmg (1 shot me)to my izer with titan lasers through resists, and about 28k with eth U's. They have insane range. Please nerf/make less common

Why is that a bad thing? :P

Some ai are lvl 2500 for a reason.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:16 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: BaRR
Level: 2417

Lancer wrote:

Because he's saying that they are too common, and forcing more group runs through DGs, when soloing DGs should still be fun too.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:53 pm
Profile WWW

wzaerreazw wrote:
Lancer wrote:

Because he's saying that they are too common, and forcing more group runs through DGs, when soloing DGs should still be fun too.

Its not like they are in every dg and what is wrong with group runs? Its almost like the admins expect us to join teams or something.

Also these are soloable with enough investment into gear. Its fine.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Team: Traders
Main: AcidFlame
Level: 2658

You gotta be joking...combat focus gets 60% shields...

I fought a zerker today, and it took me LONGER (4-5 minutes....) to kill him then what it takes for me to kill a shmk (2-3min....)

If you're putting this in, remove half of zerkers resists, or cut the 60% down to 30% and sniper only.....

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Acually, come to think of it with them firing every 1.5 seconds or so and ONE SHOTTING ME each time when I have 55% laser resists and 30k bank (was not using volatiles either of the 3 different battlestations I got 1 shot by) It would take at least 7khealing dps to outheal them if I did use volatiles, and thats only if they do exactly 30k to me w/o volatiles which I don't believe they do considering they seemed to do around 26k with eth lasers.
So it would take a ShM healing with armada wand, maxed ShM skills, gologay monkey OL, ares+ 2 ShM mastery augs to outheal the one battlestation, assuming they could keep up with their regen. Probably means two ShMs because it likely did more damage.

Anyway, I'd test the damage more but I don't like losing GG, the admins just wanted a list of ai that seems OP or underwpowered or w/e so , Battlestations should be looked at.

Also, as I put in suggestions, lvl 1.4k forgones are more difficult and appear in higher df then lvl 1.8k forgones. Increase the former to level 2k please.

Another one: MF reavers.

Warped into a mf reaver dg at 600 speed frrom best afterburner with volatiles one (30k shield bank) and I made it/.. 84 distance from warp before being shot down. (couldn't tell if I was 1 shot as there were multiple ais)

Thats not even possible in a group. Once thing that might work is a Shield/speed auged panther warping in to draw them out (would need lots of shields to get in even) and then having people come in to try to kill..

Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Bluejayek wrote:
Acually, come to think of it with them firing every 1.5 seconds or so and ONE SHOTTING ME each time when I have 55% laser resists and 30k bank (was not using volatiles either of the 3 different battlestations I got 1 shot by) It would take at least 7khealing dps to outheal them if I did use volatiles, and thats only if they do exactly 30k to me w/o volatiles which I don't believe they do considering they seemed to do around 26k with eth lasers.
So it would take a ShM healing with armada wand, maxed ShM skills, gologay monkey OL, ares+ 2 ShM mastery augs to outheal the one battlestation, assuming they could keep up with their regen. Probably means two ShMs because it likely did more damage.

Anyway, I'd test the damage more but I don't like losing GG, the admins just wanted a list of ai that seems OP or underwpowered or w/e so , Battlestations should be looked at.

Also, as I put in suggestions, lvl 1.4k forgones are more difficult and appear in higher df then lvl 1.8k forgones. Increase the former to level 2k please.

Another one: MF reavers.

Warped into a mf reaver dg at 600 speed frrom best afterburner with volatiles one (30k shield bank) and I made it/.. 84 distance from warp before being shot down. (couldn't tell if I was 1 shot as there were multiple ais)

Thats not even possible in a group. Once thing that might work is a Shield/speed auged panther warping in to draw them out (would need lots of shields to get in even) and then having people come in to try to kill..

Just because you cant do something does not mean it needs nerfed. BS are fine atmin my opinion. if you are finding a lvl 2500 ai to strong go kill them as a group. If they are lvl 2500 dont expect them to be a walk in the park. And volis might be a good place to start...

The MF reavers i have to agree do seem a bit out there lol.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Lancer wrote:

Just because you cant do something does not mean it needs nerfed. BS are fine atmin my opinion. if you are finding a lvl 2500 ai to strong go kill them as a group. If they are lvl 2500 dont expect them to be a walk in the park. And volis might be a good place to start...

The MF reavers i have to agree do seem a bit out there lol.

I'm not complaining because I can't do them, I don't expect to be able to. Just for the battlestations, they occur to often, and 1 shotting me seems kind of stupidly high damage, even for a group. What I want is not to be able to solo them, but to acually be able to warp into the dg and warp out without being 1 shot.

Oh and platties need a shield beef, their shields are too low atm. at least 33% more bank, their lvl 2000..... compare them to level 1400 forgones -_-

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Bluejayek wrote:
Lancer wrote:
blah

I'm not complaining because I can't do them, I don't expect to be able to. Just for the battlestations, they occur to often, and 1 shotting me seems kind of stupidly high damage, even for a group. What I want is not to be able to solo them, but to acually be able to warp into the dg and warp out without being 1 shot.

Oh and platties need a shield beef, their shields are too low atm. at least 33% more bank, their lvl 2000..... compare them to level 1400 forgones -_-

If you use diffs you should be fine, even if you just buy a few and only use the volis for the boss lvl.

Ye also agree platts need a shield beef.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Its pretty simple Ruin.

You use groups to do ubers. Groups are too damned difficult to gorganise for normal DGs.

If there was content you could solo b4 and you cannot solo now then the AI need a nerf, its that simple.

Remember the "rebalance" was not intended as a player nerf, balance was to be retained.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:07 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

fp9-Bad

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Traders
Main: AcidFlame
Level: 2658

Quote:
You gotta be joking...combat focus gets 60% shields...

I fought a zerker today, and it took me LONGER (4-5 minutes....) to kill him then what it takes for me to kill a shmk (2-3min....)

If you're putting this in, remove half of zerkers resists, or cut the 60% down to 30% and sniper only.....

Bump, can admins reply to me and inform me of why this has been put in instead of ignoring your customers?

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:10 pm
Dev Team

Just my comment:

Yet you killed him, and he is COMBAT focus...

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:35 am

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

ShMs are supposed to be one of the hardest people to kill, due to support nature.

in other games the support guy buffs and/or tanks. ShMs atm can only buff...

Give ShM more tanking ability, since we're pretty weakass if we get hit by any wep thanks to collision code, and monks generally being first targetted in PvP

Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:16 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next