It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post March 9th 2009 - Dev Update 6
Hey guys.

This whole meeting was dedicated to combing the forums for issues you have found, figuring out what to do, and assigning it to someone. There is a specially demanded feature in here that is highlighted in blue. I won't ruin the surprise though. Thanks for all the feedback which will make this process much easier for us and will improve the game for you.

Without further ado, I present the player's issue list:
  1. Primal Rhino Reconstruct too weak? Atm it's lower HPS than a RR.
    • Will improve the PRR to be better then the regular RR in every stat, at least by ~5%. (Smiley)
  2. Why is demented undershirt with same bank than regular undershirt.
    • This will be looked into. (Smiley)
  3. Too much kickback on flies.
    • Those firing weapons will incur less knockback, especially the fly which is very light. (HAL)
  4. Knockback works on ships in stasis (also check spirits, etc).
    • This will be fixed (HAL)
  5. Siege drones moving away when firing.
    • Bases and drones will not knock themselves back by firing phys weapons. They will still get knocked back slightly by getting hit though (HAL).
  6. Rumble much harder. Why? Rags too strong. Why? etc etc.
    • This is because all AIs are much stronger due to an overlook by Jeff when adding a damage bonus when OL was not working for AIs, and then SAL fixing the OLs for AIs afterwards. Should be fixed soon. (Jey)
  7. Venu mag/Merc mag too big. Leave it or fix it?
    • These will be rebalanced to be smaller (SAL)
  8. Seer not doing enough damage.
    • Skills will be improved as necessary (Noodles+SAL)
  9. Micron in too high DF.
    • Will be moved to EF (HAL)
  10. Earthforce ships outside of Sol. Leave them as they are or unteam them?
    • A new team will be made for them. (HAL)
  11. Broodmother doesnt fire its weapons anymore. Bug?
    • Will be checked. (Jey)
  12. Burger sludge in serengeti doesnt equip itself.
    • Will be fixed. (HAL)
  13. Some Ais cant move. Baron wouldn’t move at all. Weight problem?
    • Will be fixed. (HAL)
  14. Too many Vultures in Perilous Space. Already fixed for next uni?
    • Already fixed. (HAL)
  15. Medium fire half life not working.
    • Will be fixed. (Jey)
  16. Shield bar not visible when healing when in stasis.
    • Will be fixed. (HAL)
  17. Mini bana drones have 5k+ range.
    • Will be fixed. (Voom)
  18. Breaking speed cap with physical weapons.
    • Will be fixed. (HAL)
  19. A galaxy with just destroyed bases is still owned, bug or feature?
    • Bug. Will be fixed. (HAL)
  20. VP1=3,2k bank, VP3=2,4k bank. Meant to be like that?
    • Will be checked. Other stats may be better on VP3 (Voom)
  21. Being able to use juxtas and concourse gates on a character that doesn't have warp nav 4. Fixed already?
    • Already fixed. (HAL)
  22. Panther ambush is much slower on the test server. Fixed already?
    • Already fixed. (HAL)
  23. Adonis energybank generated 100 nukes in 30 seconds before the "reset" on test server and i get 1 solar radiation per second or so with infernal battery on test atm too. Fixed?
    • Already fixed. (SAL)
  24. On Test, the Fuzz in Sol barely managed to dent my scout Pax.
    • Will be fixed. (Voom)
  25. Drones cannot be deployed in the arena.
    • Already fixed. (HAL)
  26. The inbuilt OL in the pax astro now gives LOWERED DPS, as well as preventing you from equipping a real one. If you don't wanna fix this, will you at least get rid of it?
    • Will be replaced with an uber, solar/dark sun panel that will give 150 regen.
  27. Bionic Rat Shield is organic...
    • Will be checked. (Voom)
  28. SawtoothX in a DG never used their reaver-like laser versus me, only etheral laser and torpedo.
    • Will be fixed. (As well as the Rosie) (Voom)
  29. Credits on a base don't update live. you have to undock/dock to update.
    • Will be fixed if it isn't already. (SAL)
  30. Rackhams bigger pulse has ok stats compared to others but it needs a size of maybe 80 to make it balanced/worthy of using/making. The size is humongous.
  31. Dark fighter defenders appear to have more shield than the dark transport itself.
    • Will be fixed. (Jey)
  32. An Fwing has the same size as a reaver... LF vs HF... HF hulls should be beefed too especially Reaver hull being as it's nerfed 43 size more.
    • Will be looked into. (Voom)
  33. Unbreak Shm? ShM is terrible, my DM puts out more HPS.
    • Will be investigated by all shm admins, and fixed if necessary. (All)
    • Skills will also be reassessed.
  34. All auras are out of whack, not just zerker auras. Cap Travel fields blink(work in some galaxies, not work in other even when equipped). Phunky Coaxer blinks when one docks/undocks.
    • Fixed.
  35. I will plead yet again for an explored uni map from admins or some way to obtain the lower parts so we can actually LEAVE noob space quickly when the uni starts and get to where we are supposed to build and leave them in peace.
    • The HQ will now contain a "Team Map" that will be synced with any player that docks. The "Team Map" will get the gals the player has that it doesn't have, and the player will get the gals the "Team Map" has that he/she doesn't. This should make it much easier for a team to get the entire universe mapped for its players. It will be advantageous for players to keep their multiple accounts on the same team so that they can sync with the HQ.
  36. Was it intentional to make OS stuff in gargan so awesome? For instance the OS Magcannon is ~twice the size and almost four times the damage of the standard mag.
    • Will be checked. (Jeff)
  37. We need MANY more juxta's
    • Juxtas will be added, as well as "interlayer" ones.
  38. The Primal Zebra Life has ~12 less regen than the Forge of the Gods.
  39. Engineer Chain Transferences don't have full tracking now.
    • Will be checked. (Jey)
  40. Nuclear Steam Power gets a +50% shield bonus was that included in the rebalance.
  41. New player (level 2) was in the nexus at the time of the reset. Started outside of nexus in the new uni. Warp back to nexus is locked at level 3 so he couldnt warp back in. Solution?
    • Will be fixed. (HAL)
  42. Make the UrQa Suqqa Ukuk Heavy Fighter....it's light fighter and Sniper only atm,and i think that Sniper needs a Beef.
    • Will be fixed. (Voom)
  43. We have a F2P flying a Parsley, yet he only has Piloting 3. Apparently it could be transfered to him since he has RC 14.
    • Will be fixed. (HAL)
  44. OS6 adds the same amount of DPS as silent death and also adds range. This means that a Vulture can be made better then a DS.
    • Silent death will be changed to: +70% damage, -15% RoF, no range malus
  45. Missile damage is too high.
    • Missiles were getting same uber bonus as AI. Should be fixed. (Jey)
  46. Perilous space DF is too low.
    • Perilous space DF will increase by 20 and easily hit the 400DF range. DF400+ gals will have massive swarms of AI like seen in this (buggy) universe in the lower dfs. It will still contain enough DF~200 for lower level players and soloers. To avoid swarms, avoid DF400+ gals, so those should only be done by groups or people who think they can solo it :) (HAL)
  47. When entering DG, map changes to lower layer. If I click to correct layer (while in DG) and try to center the map -> it also changes to lower layer.
    • Will be fixed. (Pip)
  48. Termite mounds spawn WAY WAY WAY too much...since the (temp) uni has started.
    • They are supposed to be much more common at the tips of Wild Space from now on. Lower DFs should be pretty close however. We will check. (HAL)
  49. Base shields
    • Jeff will look into these and make sure they are good enough with the new capacitors, chargers, diffusers, etc.

There won't be a new test client this week since all of you have the latest stuff anyways. If anything changes though, I will post one here.

Thanks for the help and support.
Pip

PS. please post any missed issues in this thread, and we will look into them as soon as possible.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Mofouler
Level: 901
Class: Engineer

Post Re: March 9th 2009 - Dev Update 6
And You guys (People Whining that the Admins are stupid and hate the playerbase) Really need to look at youselves and see how childish you guys acted. Here the admins responded quickly and fixed or are in the process of fixing most of the stuff they got screwed this uni. On top of that they admitted they made the mistakes and still put up with yer shit.

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Main: Danger
Level: 2094
Class: Berserker

So the collison codes stay even though 99% of SS says toss it?
What about everything hitting all enemys, still making a DM spend alot of time on killing one DG level? You need to still improve alot more stuff.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Danger
Level: 2094

Mofouler87 wrote:
And You guys (People Whining that the Admins are stupid and hate the playerbase) Really need to look at youselves and see how childish you guys acted. Here the admins responded quickly and fixed or are in the process of fixing most of the stuff they got screwed this uni. On top of that they admitted they made the mistakes and still put up with yer shit.

You dont do the stuff higher levels do... You dont know what were complaning about because you dont know what were talking about.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

Base Gear IN general?

Incen Type weapons dont have DOT

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:20 pm
Profile E-mail
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Collision code stays yes. And 99% of the players? Out of maybe 750-800 players 36 wants it removed...That's about 4-5%.

Base gear will be discussed at another time since Jeff wasnt present for this meeting.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:20 pm

DS seems to have much more hull space than a panther now

PC does damage

Return caps to % based or make caps at least damn worth while

*Most drones run out of energy within seconds even with prowess, sup augs and drone mastery. If you're going to tell me to use a drone controller then in all honesty that's bullshit we didn't have to inject energy recovery augs into drones before.

Drones Take still the same amount of elec to deploy When our energy banks got chopped

Also i didnt see an update about Collision code and why bullets hit things they cant see.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Mofouler
Level: 901
Class: Engineer

Danger wrote:
Mofouler87 wrote:

You dont do the stuff higher levels do... You dont know what were complaning about because you dont know what were talking about.
You don't Higher level stuff either. So I suggest you know what I'm "complaining" about....Try reading again...

Because e-breasts are very uncommon

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:30 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Oxi Big DG is 9.. then 8. then. 7. then... 3.
And there's no other gate, no split...
hidden gate or bug ?

when a slave got killed by AI and loose stuff "that debris doesn't belong to you"

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:34 pm

Player Shields.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Venu ray is tech 20. Thought all venu gear was going tech19?

And should titan gear be tech 20?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:41 pm

The Voomy One wrote:
Collision code stays yes. And 99% of the players? Out of maybe 750-800 players 36 wants it removed...That's about 4-5%.

Base gear will be discussed at another time since Jeff wasnt present for this meeting.

So why do we have a suggestion forum and why do we have feedback threads if the players that post don't count? If you care that much go add an in-game poll about every single update and we'll see who likes what.

A lot of issues were missed, too many for me to mention but I suppose those issues aren't really much of a concern to the Development team.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:46 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Max235 wrote:
Oxi Big DG is 9.. then 8. then. 7. then... 3.
And there's no other gate, no split...
hidden gate or bug ?

I just checked oxi biq dg, (there is no oxi big), it goes 9, 8, then a 4/2 split.

DG 9 means there should be 10 total galaxies in there - we have
DG 9 (1)
DG 8 (2)
SPLIT
DG 4 (3)
DG 3 (4)
DG 2 (5)
DG 1 (6)
DG 0 (7)
----
DG 2 (8)
DG 1 (9)
DG 0 (10)

Looks fine to me.

Quote:
when a slave got killed by AI and loose stuff "that debris doesn't belong to you"

1) Use gear glue.
2) I will fix it so that NPC AI don't claim ownership over debris from player ships that they kill.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:47 pm

Team: Infernal Empire
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2254

It seems (at least to me) that all shields, ship and base are now bank dependent rather than the mix we had before of bank and regen shields; is this intentional?

The current regen stats for shields are unrealistic for any content that is meant to be soloed, as for me specifically it used to take 3 BGs to break the regen of my gmisd now it only takes 2 rosemaries. I wont mention base shields as Jeff should already be looking into those.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:49 pm

The Voomy One wrote:

Where did you get that % funny no one asked me. or anyone i know...
Personally its a pain the the idea should be tanked.

Loss of 17 gear glue on trade slaves in less than 2 days....

you might want to check your survey and see how many base builders you asked.. and im sure you didnt survey the entire server.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:52 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next