It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: March 9th 2009 - Dev Update 6
pip8786 wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
Um, are parasites supposed to not stack? In my snowflake, when I hit someone in colo with sleet sludge, they always have one. No matter how many times I shoot them, every sleet but the first one disappears.

Why are you posting the same thing in two places? I answered your post in the other place.

Posted it here before you replied to me in Bugs, and admins hadn't responded to my two other possible bugs in that thread, so I decided to put it somewhere you guys would notice.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Team: Red Faction
Main: Starbolt
Level: 1526
Class: Engineer

This was A Voomy post on another section of the board:

Quote:
Both Gunner and FC works excellent atm, probably the two best classes to be right now.

I understand, having a military background, what the basic COMBAT side of the game was supposed to be. Combined Arms. Which means that the concept of us DMs going in and soloing some heavy AI was never what it was supposed to be. I can understand limiting the DMs to a certain extent, making us more the support guys than the front liners but there SHOULDN'T BE A "BEST" CLASS.

There should be a relatively equal draw to each of the various classes. That hasn't happened. More time has been spent on individual pieces of gear, it seems, than anything else. We worry about OLs, we worry about the size of one particular wep.

The Dev crew takes this and works on that one thing. Five others go out the door because of it then they get to chase that down too. I'm no programmer, and in the case of this game, thank god because I'd be out of my mind dealing with all of us screaming at all of them.

That being said, I'm not happy about the DM status so far. I can ONLY speak on DM because since I started playing, I've only built that one character. I've focused on that one class alone. DM was NOT over-powered, there were plenty of things that a solo DM could NOT do. It's been nerfed to the point that the class may die. Obviously this leaves us DMs with two options: 1) Quit DM. The Dev crew has thus forced us into another class. Guess Voomy gets to sit on his 'New Tactics' soapbox then. 2) Learn to use ALL the available drones in game. This would be the preferred option.

Fine, there were problems with various parts of the game. They needed fixing. I dig that. The problem here is this: You guys have tried to fix everything in one shot. That was a mistake. Instead of putting things in one or two bits at a time over the course of several unis, you've basically caused a revolution in the game play as opposed to an evolutionary change.

AND another note. The T20 drones/T20 ship SCREW UP. Yes, that's right, a screw up.

So here I am, Diddus in hand, I can't use Titans. Fine. I CAN however, load that ship with all manner of T20 items excluding Augs and Drones. What were you thinking?

If the combat portion of the game was to follow the Combined Arms principal, there shouldn't be any one class, even my beloved DM, that was necessarily any better than any other class. Dev crew, before you start the next round of nerfs and beefs, you might want to consider that concept, just as we players should take it into consideration as well.

Yemeni storekeeper talking about a visit home some time ago.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:25 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Death Mental
Main: tzenda
Level: 1829

if you have only played as DM you cant say for certain it is over/underpowered. and as far as usin t20 drone only in a t20 ship, thats the way to go. FC can only use fighters the tech of their ship so its only fair.

i have a DM, FC, Monk, SD, FC alts. out of all of them the DM is way overpowered. i spent the least amount of credits and time on him and he is 500 levels ahead of all my other alts. and i dont even have master drone augs.

what i am sayin is try other clases before bitchin about the only one u have tried being over/underpowered.

and did you ever notice the only thing all your dysfunctional relationships have in common is YOU? hmmm think about that one.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266

tzenda wrote:
and as far as usin t20 drone only in a t20 ship, thats the way to go. FC can only use fighters the tech of their ship so its only fair.

both of these are just plain dumb.

There needs to be a fighter/missile skill.
DD20 should have a level restriction on it like other t20 skills.

Then remove the stupid piloting restriction from things that are not ships. there is no reason that you should need piloting 20 to deploy fighters or drones.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:58 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11