It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:11 am

Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Collision Code Admin Poll Results
Hey Guys,

The poll resulted in a 6-1 result for keeping the collision code. Our decision is to keep it through the real uni and poll players towards the end of the real uni to determine whether or not to keep it further. This will allow all the other bugs to be fixed before players passing judgment on the feature. I'm sorry if this is disappointing news to you, but we do have some ideas to make it less harsh on certain parts of gameplay.

In the end, we believe that the value added in the long run will outweigh the changes in tactics needed at the present. We will try to deal with any exploits we find, and if we find that it is harsher against certain class we will deal with that too.

About drones: they are suppose to be getting a beef in resists as well as new drones that can help with the survivability of its nearby drones (either with a massive encompassing shield or an aura). Hopefully Jeff can work on these after he is back from vacation so they make it in before next uni.

Thanks,
pip

PS... now bite my head off.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:10 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Collision Code Admin Poll Results
pip8786 wrote:
About drones: they are suppose to be getting a beef in resists as well as new drones that can help with the survivability of its nearby drones (either with a massive encompassing shield or an aura). Hopefully Jeff can work on these after he is back from vacation so they make it in before next uni.

Hopefully this will shut up most of the Whiny mid level droners.

got sick and tire of so much whinage from them about 3 drone slots and lack of ares drone firepower, etc.

at least the veterans have a reason for whining when a titan takes 8-9 shots to kill a lvl 21 ai.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:14 am

Team: pantalones
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 2706
Class: Fleet Commander

Yee for being screwed...

I have reasons for why I do things.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:31 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142
Class: Engineer

I actually like the idea of the shots hitting other stuff in the way, but it shouldn't always happen. When archers shot from between the ramparts of a castle, they got pretty good protection, but they could still be hit. If a ship is behind a friends ship, they should not get 100% protection from shots.

Thyere was talk of giving various ship classes a chance to not get hit if they were not the direct target, and I think that would be a really good idea. I think it should range from fighetrs having a 90+% chance to avoid stray shots to cap ships and or freighters having a 30-50% chance. That way, we can target specific things, but have a chance of "missing" our target because of cover, rather than never being able to.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:39 am

Team: None
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 1203

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
pip8786 wrote:

Hopefully this will shut up most of the Whiny mid level droners.

got sick and tire of so much whinage from them about 3 drone slots and lack of ares drone firepower, etc.

at least the veterans have a reason for whining when a titan takes 8-9 shots to kill a lvl 21 ai.

Thank god you are keeping this stuff in, it rocks hard ass.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:02 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833

MasterTrader wrote:
Thank god you are keeping this stuff in, it rocks hard ass.

I have to agree with that statement.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Thanks for the support guys.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

And when he says hard ass, he means "REALLY HARD ASS". i am finished.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:14 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649
Class: Berserker

After playing with it for a bit longer, the collission code really isn't so bad. However, one thing I suggest is at least make it not hit trade slaves. As is, you could make an army of trade slaves just to take hits for you while still having all combat slaves operational, regardless of whether you are fleet commander or not. This seems like a bit of an exploit to me and should be dealt with.

Overall, apart from condors 1 shotting me, and base shields having less then 300 regen, new uni seems pretty good after some testing, Nice work guys.

PS Fix bases.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

This is a terrible move unless you make HUGE changes in it, I for one think it was a and is a mistake

Look at my example

Ambush drones, Not shooting In stealth, near 0 vis, Baron shoots me misses me and shoot in the direction of my drones, 3 ambush drones gone.

So lets keep it in lets completely screw over DM

but why am i surprised? Im not sure, The common goal is to fuck Drone Master's Over. And You have achieved your goal, And it would be an honor if you just take the class out.

FC example. I think deadbeat said it the best "a sea of blue stasis"

Shm: Watch out, Stand 4,000 in that direction because we already have no REGEN at all, And so lets go ahead and let the collision code hit the Shm some more, THAT WAY we can die even faster. Trevor50, My Shm, Is the biggest waist of 400bil i have ever seen in my career

Trevor

Edit:

I dont know why admins get to vote on OUR issues, the reason i say that is because some admins play SS hard core, And they are very bias toward there class, and if it helps THERE class there gonna vote yes. Terrible way to vote.

Some class Collision code is good other's its bad, Once again this game continues to be unbalanced and never will achieve equal Librium

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

trevor54 wrote:
This is a terrible move unless you make HUGE changes in it, I for one think it was a and is a mistake

Look at my example

Ambush drones, Not shooting In stealth, near 0 vis, Baron shoots me misses me and shoot in the direction of my drones, 3 ambush drones gone.

So lets keep it in lets completely screw over DM

but why am i surprised? Im not sure, The common goal is to fuck Drone Master's Over. And You have achieved your goal, And it would be an honor if you just take the class out.

FC example. I think deadbeat said it the best "a sea of blue stasis"

Shm: Watch out, Stand 4,000 in that direction because we already have no REGEN at all, And so lets go ahead and let the collision code hit the Shm some more, THAT WAY we can die even faster. Trevor50, My Shm, Is the biggest waist of 400bil i have ever seen in my career

Trevor

Edit:

I dont know why admins get to vote on OUR issues, the reason i say that is because some admins play SS hard core, And they are very bias toward there class, and if it helps THERE class there gonna vote yes. Terrible way to vote.

Some class Collision code is good other's its bad, Once again this game continues to be unbalanced and never will achieve equal Librium

if i am not mistaken there are more DM admins then any other class. perhaps my information is wrong or my memory is playing tricks on me again. but so far here is what i have seen.

[*]admins have listened to an extent and are trying to find ways to make the system work better for disadvantaged classes.
[*] this is as much a nerf as a beef to all classes,example: when a MF fires and 3 or 4 ai absorb the shots and regen it makes that previous power that the MF has that much less potent. same thing in pvp.

[*] i have tested enough that yes, new content needs to be added for DM and FC and possibly gunner. these first two classes are hurt hardest and the last one just has issues making missile-boats.

i like the suggestion of hull classes getting percentages to hit and miss. having a flurry of excom shells go over or around a heavy fighter and strike team mates or other targets sounds cool. it makes entirely shielding stuff like the bana queen's damage impossible and gives new tactics.

the very same suggestion can be used to make slaves less vulnerable to this fire and can even make drones less vulnerable to "spray and pray".

especially since that tactic is pretty much all the ais use. :P

all in all i cant say i am opposed to it, but i cant say i am for the feature. i will wait to see what admins add or change to try and make it less brutal.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:35 pm

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

I'm referring to the Fc's of the group.

And i know that sounds contradicting buts its not, Certain Fc's get HUGE bonus from this and some don't. Example of don't is deadbeat

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

Fuck it.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:28 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837

Bites Admins head off for no reason XD "RAWG" , naw it's ncie u kepted it in but i hope it doesn't all come to a "waste of time tweaking it", i hope. Good luck with it :)

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:29 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

pip8786 wrote:
Hey Guys,

The poll resulted in a 6-1 result for keeping the collision code. Our decision is to keep it through the real uni and poll players towards the end of the real uni to determine whether or not to keep it further. This will allow all the other bugs to be fixed before players passing judgment on the feature. I'm sorry if this is disappointing news to you, but we do have some ideas to make it less harsh on certain parts of gameplay.

In the end, we believe that the value added in the long run will outweigh the changes in tactics needed at the present. We will try to deal with any exploits we find, and if we find that it is harsher against certain class we will deal with that too.

Thanks,
pip

PS... now bite my head off.

after really trying and testing it out ive come to realize its not that bad and sometimes actually helps but ethereal weapons should not do this as theyre supposed to go through things to hit their target

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:17 pm
Profile E-mail