It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Post Re: Collision Code Admin Poll Results
Both Gunner and FC works excellent atm, probably the two best classes to be right now.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 1941
Class: Berserker

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
pip8786 wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:
It will be changed so Trade slaves arent hit by secondary fire.

As for Shm, it will just take a little more skill to actually stay out of the line of fire.

Damnit, LEAVE ME ALONE! You ruin my gunner, I go FC. You ruin my FC, I decide to make some helga trading slaves to attempt to compensate for this fucktarded collision code. You ruin those too.......... :cry:

Yep, we're after you. I check your character every day to see what you're doing to make sure we can nerf that next... :roll:

Why do you keep making these awesome sigworthy quotes pip...

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

No, you just mess with stuff that should be left alone WAY too much. Any non-cap ship slaves are gonna get raped whenever you are fighting a group of enemies, especially on runs. You prevent us from trying to counter it by using it to our advantage. Seriously, try some slaves that aren't cap ships on a run. I did bana before the change, they all died when we warped in because of the drones, but after that I was able to keep them alive. Now, I am somehow supposed to prevent all of my (extremely stupid) slaves out of the path of the shots from the queen, while still DPSing her and doing w/e else I need to do.

Slaves do not know how to dodge. If you don't dodge most high-level AI, you are dead unless you fly a cap ship. See the problem?

The Voomy One wrote:
Both Gunner and FC works excellent atm, probably the two best classes to be right now.

Tell me, when you tested FC, what slaves did you use? I am assuming you had a pair of battlecruisers, right? They have unholy shield banks, and since you only have two the GG is cheap even when they do occasionally die.

All the FCs that use other slaves are screwed. Our slaves don't have a few hundred thousand shields, as well as great resists. We run in to grab aggro asap, and have the slaves pwn the enemies quickly. Look at Quantum, he flew an izer+, so he could dodge the enemies. His slaves never got shot, because he was the only thing enemies shot at. I fly a cap ship, and try to get aggro as soon as I can, because my 4 mini mad scientist slaves don't have enough shields to take sustained damage, even with me healing. And we are nothing compared to deadbeat. He has somewhere around TWENTY helga+ slaves that he is somehow supposed to keep alive, when they all get hit by any shots the enemies fire?

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Team: None
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

yugioh124 wrote:
No, you just mess with stuff that should be left alone WAY too much. Any non-cap ship slaves are gonna get raped whenever you are fighting a group of enemies, especially on runs. You prevent us from trying to counter it by using it to our advantage. Seriously, try some slaves that aren't cap ships on a run. I did bana before the change, they all died when we warped in because of the drones, but after that I was able to keep them alive. Now, I am somehow supposed to prevent all of my (extremely stupid) slaves out of the path of the shots from the queen, while still DPSing her and doing w/e else I need to do.

Slaves do not know how to dodge. If you don't dodge most high-level AI, you are dead unless you fly a cap ship. See the problem?

Not to mention that in the admins eyes you shouldnt be using capship slaves. Isnt that why they arent affected by auras?

Voomy, gunner does not work excellently. It works well if you have a Monkey. On your own it is suicide even in DF 180 DGs. Why do AI break off from shooting me to pop my missiles instead?
And when you have 8 big AI, all faster than you swarming over the top of you, what do you think the chances are of getting sustained DPS on any one of them?

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:22 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

basebot wrote:
Why do you keep making these awesome sigworthy quotes pip...

idk that that one is very much sigworthy... maybe though if he wants to take it out of context.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:23 pm
Darth Administrator

My slaves barely takes any damage at all. I make sure to take all agro on myself. I have both a cap ship I use to tank damage and a smaller ship that I can use do dodge damage, they both work very well.

Im totally fine with Helga swarms not being so effective since I feel that it should be better to use higher tech slaves.

Using slaves to shield you will still work, just make them combat slaves...

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Main: Ingendum
Level: 1364

The Voomy One wrote:
My slaves barely takes any damage at all. I make sure to take all agro on myself. I have both a cap ship I use to tank damage and a smaller ship that I can use do dodge damage, they both work very well.

Im totally fine with Helga swarms not being so effective since I feel that it should be better to use higher tech slaves.

Can't you bring trade slaves as tanks?

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:30 pm

The Voomy One wrote:

Make them combat slaves, and you don't have any damage, since they are build for shields.

And what slaves ARE you using? You still didn't answer. Barely any damage to a battlecruiser is a hell of a lot more than barely any damage to a liquid or mini mad.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:32 pm
Darth Administrator

I do not wish to reveal too much information about my own char. What slaves I use isnt the point here. The point is that 90% of the damage ends up on my own ship, even with the collision code.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Even if the number was that high for all FCs, the damage isn't rationed out all at once. If you have a slave with 30k shields, and it gets in the way of a few volleys from a MF bigger green, or MF pick, or anything else that does high DPS, it dies. Doesn't matter how often it gets shot, since when it gets shot there are usually a few volleys hitting it in a row, since slaves don't know enough to get out of the way.

And if you don't wanna reveal your slaves, will you at least tell whether they are cap ships or not? The play styles for cap ship slaves and non-cap ship slaves are practically different classes, and very hard to compare. I don't think that is revealing too much, since lots of people use either kind of slaves. If they are cap ships, then getting shot is not much of a problem for them, since they are more defensively oriented.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:03 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

yugioh124 wrote:
Even if the number was that high for all FCs, the damage isn't rationed out all at once. If you have a slave with 30k shields, and it gets in the way of a few volleys from a MF bigger green, or MF pick, or anything else that does high DPS, it dies. Doesn't matter how often it gets shot, since when it gets shot there are usually a few volleys hitting it in a row, since slaves don't know enough to get out of the way.

And if you don't wanna reveal your slaves, will you at least tell whether they are cap ships or not? The play styles for cap ship slaves and non-cap ship slaves are practically different classes, and very hard to compare. I don't think that is revealing too much, since lots of people use either kind of slaves. If they are cap ships, then getting shot is not much of a problem for them, since they are more defensively oriented.

I use Porp+ slaves, then again i'm a ShM :) My porp+ have undershirts on them so they can take a beating, then i just heal them. They do not have any kind of shield aug though.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:18 pm

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806
Class: Seer

I said when everything was still in test that gunner or FC will be the new DM, according to voomy thats whats happening.

I also said when Pip said eh was making the poll what the results would be.

fortune telling....1bil per!

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:40 pm

pip8786 wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:

I use Porp+ slaves, then again i'm a ShM :) My porp+ have undershirts on them so they can take a beating, then i just heal them. They do not have any kind of shield aug though.

Don't slaves inherit 1/2 of your class skills? I heard that before. But besides that, only two slaves means half the number to control, half the GG lost when they do die, and MUCH better augs/resists. I understand admins not wanting people using 20ish slaves, but 4 or 5 sounds reasonable...........

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:44 pm

Main: T.H.S. Nemesis II
Level: 2635

I must say, for once I agree with Voomy and have to say that FC is one of the best classes right now....and I also believe anyone using swarms of low tech slaves is going about it wrong....not only are you getting terrible bonuses from your augs because of their low techs, you have no inbuilt ship bonuses to speak of. I found that with just a couple higher tech slaves, you can actually do better in most fights. and as for capships as slaves, why the hell wouldn't you want to use them......a good third of your damage potential comes from the fighters you can launch with them...and one of the FC subskills is even directed right at these fighters. each one of these fighters will do a near equal amount of damage as those swarm slaves do, plus you then have the motherships launching them that are also doing damage. Also, once you have the Slave research skill maxed out you will be able to have your main ship and 3 capship slaves launching fighters......which by the way also work well for blocking shots with this new collision code. when you have that many slaves launching fighters, you then have 3 slaves and up to 24 fighters in the air at once to help block shots......

Now, if you had taken the time to figure this out, you would realize that you don't need to take a bunch of trade slaves to absorb shots

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:09 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next