It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Team: Death by Wingsheep
Main: Nabaco's Fort
Level: 20
Class: None

Post Re: Collision Code Admin Poll Results
I think I know who voted to remove the collision.../me glares at pip8786

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:41 pm
Profile WWW

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Well at least it isnt in permenantly yet, its on trial, I can live with that But it was supposed to be throughly tested BEFORE it went live :(

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:02 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

shawn_mccall wrote:
pip8786 wrote:
Hey Guys,

The poll resulted in a 6-1 result for keeping the collision code. Our decision is to keep it through the real uni and poll players towards the end of the real uni to determine whether or not to keep it further. This will allow all the other bugs to be fixed before players passing judgment on the feature. I'm sorry if this is disappointing news to you, but we do have some ideas to make it less harsh on certain parts of gameplay.

In the end, we believe that the value added in the long run will outweigh the changes in tactics needed at the present. We will try to deal with any exploits we find, and if we find that it is harsher against certain class we will deal with that too.

About drones: they are suppose to be getting a beef in resists as well as new drones that can help with the survivability of its nearby drones (either with a massive encompassing shield or an aura). Hopefully Jeff can work on these after he is back from vacation so they make it in before next uni.

Thanks,
pip

PS... now bite my head off.

after really trying and testing it out ive come to realize its not that bad and sometimes actually helps but ethereal weapons should not do this as theyre supposed to go through things to hit their target

wow.... you were one of the main people what was ABSOLUTELY AGAINST THE CHANGE, I WILL QUIT NO MATTER WHAT IF THIS STAYS!!!!.... thanks for giving it a chance.

Same goes to Bluejayek, the one who started the whole big poll on it, now has actually played with it and realized that after all, it ain't so bad.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Pip, this collision code makes ShM suck pretty hard atm.. I imagine if i still had my old bank and regen it would be ok.. but my healer died twice already.. none of my other chars have died but the healer...

If you don't increase the regen of shields or add the certain classes are less likey to get hit stuff, could we maybe look at changing the healing ratio? I'm not really having trouble on my own, or healing when I'm not getting raped by stray Xeno torps... but the current regen will never support both.. and this is a new aug setup, even though my old one had less stacked stats this is a good regen setup and it's still a bucket full of piss what is going on to ShMs

I could care less about the code, but it's implementation needs some work. Trade slaves shouldn't ever get hit.. a base opens up with a pulse right as a slave is going to dock an poof... it's not cool -.-

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:16 pm
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

It will be changed so Trade slaves arent hit by secondary fire.

As for Shm, it will just take a little more skill to actually stay out of the line of fire.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

The Voomy One wrote:

As for Shm, it will just take a little more skill to actually stay out of the line of fire.

That is Crap on a stick, whats the point of shm anymore? We have NO REGEN NONE!!!, And then you wont help us out? Screw this, Trevor changes class. Ill go FC, which admins seem to LOVE.

And Drones? that the ai cant see and yet still get hit?

O i forgot Admins despise Droners.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Voomy,

I was not speaking to you. Your arrogance astounds. The answer to everything all the time is obviously player skill.

FOr a fact, About 50% of all healers are someone dual boxing. I know you don't like it, but who cares? I'm paying 2 subs, it's my business.

Even given that, I tried to heal Helro yesterday while single clienting so I could check it out.... I even dodge, and it was still a bit much... This is all because ShM has piss for regen now. You want feedback, and you want it honestly.. so I give it and I get disrespect? Piss off voomy, I've not made 1 post this whole rebalance about it being stupid or this or that.. I only provide (I think) targeted feedback about specific problems, I don't need you geting all elitist all the damned time.

Now, can we get back to the business of fixing the problems with the rebalance, or do you want to continue to name call me and act like I'm the one who should "Act your age"

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:53 pm

After Alot of testing, Its purely that SHM need MORE MORE and MORE regen

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

trevor54 wrote:
After Alot of testing, Its purely that SHM need MORE MORE and MORE regen

Dude, it was fucking stated in the dev updated that ShM will get a beef. Its clear as day in there. Settle down with the ShM this and that.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:52 pm

No, Im sorry pip, i wont settle down Im watching my $70 a month i spend and my pride and joy diminish before my eyes.

And i have the right to do that, I would consider us friend pip, As we have talked alot, You have alot of stress with the new items in game. And i have the ability to sit here and just hope that something gets done.

Quote:
Will be investigated by all shm admins, and fixed if necessary. (All)
Skills will also be reassessed.

In the sentences i see "if necessary"
and i can also conclude that "also will be reassessed" comes from if the test are found that it needs to be fixed.

It isnt in game. Which in Ss terms means "Maybe" And yes i can very easily say that is a true statement from past experiences.

Shm went from a needed and took a complete 360 turn, And now is terrible and not needed

I am a little shocked that you would call me out like this, because i have as much right to bitch all i want, and as long as i pay my money each month, I get to do that. Sure you can ignore my post, but then that isnt my problem.

you admins change everything in game, And dont expect to hear endless bitching?

I would love to stop bitching,And it gets old even from my point, But if people don't then stuff don't get changed.

Unless you can Assure ME with your word that it will be improved, Then ill shut the hell up about Shield Monkey.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:13 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

My main is a Shield Monkey, and I can no longer regen my healing weapon when I'm not being hit at all... obviously ShM's need a beef....

Here's a quote from the meeting: "ShM skills were always weaker then the curve because the augs and aug stacking made them strong enough"

It's not an exact quote but close enough. If we bring the skills up to par with the rest of the classes, and you re-aug with non-stacking in mind, they should be just as good as before. My view of ShM is that they shouldn't be great (they should still be good though) at taking direct damage but should have no problem regenning their heal power, whatever it may be.

Jeff and I have ShM mains, Noodles, Voom, Jey all have ShM alts... it's one class we all have experience with so it will get fixed, since it's more pivotal now then ever that they can heal things quickly and efficiently. Like I said before though, I don't think they should be a tanking class, there are better classes for that.

I also think that their slaves should get a small boost, but that's another matter. Lastly, drones used by shield monkeys will be really strong once the "drones inherit 1/2 or 1/3 of skills" thing goes in, so that should help.

Hopefully that's enough of an assurance for you.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Pip, Thank you. That is what i want.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102
Class: Berserker

imo this is a brilliant move to have this new coding.

/me luvs you all Adminzz (see, you get 2 'z's :wink: )

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

The Voomy One wrote:

Damnit, LEAVE ME ALONE! You ruin my gunner, I go FC. You ruin my FC, I decide to make some helga trading slaves to attempt to compensate for this fucktarded collision code. You ruin those too.......... :cry:

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:10 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

yugioh124 wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

Damnit, LEAVE ME ALONE! You ruin my gunner, I go FC. You ruin my FC, I decide to make some helga trading slaves to attempt to compensate for this fucktarded collision code. You ruin those too.......... :cry:

Yep, we're after you. I check your character every day to see what you're doing to make sure we can nerf that next... :roll:

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next