It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm

Team: Imperium
Main: whawha
Level: 120
Class: None

Post Re: Boss Feedback
Anaconda - We have killed it several times and to date I dont believe any kill has taken more than 20 seconds, 1 Zerker, 1 Monkey. It needs a complete rework, Shield Bank needs to be increased, Rate of fire should be increased though its huge it should be perhaps slightly more mobile.

Iq bana Boss - Shields seem fine where they are but the damage it deals could do with a boost, A Single shield monkey in a regular old ward should not be able to heal a group on his own while fighting what is supposed to be one of the more challenging bosses.

Copper Blob - Needs more range, Perhaps an inbuilt overloader to improve its range and rate of fire, Its shields seem fine but it can be outranged by many a solo player and killed in under a minute, I remember when it took a group to kill it, No boss should be able to be killed by one ship.

Also the drones it deploys arent a bad idea when its actually a group fighting it but not so good for speed demons and other people in ships faster than the blob, Perhaps a speed debuff aura around the drones when deployed?

Marco - Not fought

Sputty Nutty - For a low level 'uber' its pretty good as it is, Could use a shield regen and slight damage boost.

Captain Albatross - With enough patience can be solo killed which is fine as his shield bank is rather large, However once you get behind him it takes little effort to take him out, Just time. Perhaps he could MF some full tracking laser weapons that will give shield monkeys some work to do OR perhaps give him some new fighters to launch that will give the attacking forces a distraction giving him time to turn and open up on his attackers.

Dark Curse - As its a light fighter its shield bank seems fine as it is, Could perhaps use some more regen and an aura so that he deals more damage, With his speed he just flies around in circles whilst a single DM or Zerker takes him out, He should go down quickly but it should take slightly more effort, He needs to deal more damage for his range limitations.

Barbe Noir - Needs to be less mobile but deal far more damage than it does at the moment, Only fought it a few times but its damage output is pathetic.

The Hive - Perfect.

Grim Reaver - As he is a roamer perhaps his range should be reduced, ive seen him attacking from 2-3k away from the target giving someone out hunting or travelling on their own absolutely no chance of fighting him (im talking your garden variety izer/pax .etc) Perhaps a reduction in range and a shield bank + regen increase, His damage seems fine as is but perhaps he could use a fire rate increase.

Mad Scientist - Seems Pretty Balanced, His guards do not follow him out when lured 10-20k away, This should not be the case, Either the butterflys should follow the Scientist to protect him/attack his attackers OR The Mad Scientist should deploy several butterflys the way Green Battleships launch their agamemnon Fighters.

Bartholemew Roberts (SP?) - Pretty weak now, Fighters need serious boost as they are his only real defence, The Dark Fists are easily diffused leaving his only form of damage his low dps fighters and a few Ethreal U's, Needs a large damage boost and if its possible the tractor needs some serious improvement, Perhaps his Lasers should have a grem effect to give his Dark Fists a chance to hit their targets and to give people a reason to train Zen of Calming.

I have no experience in the UZ so I wont comment on this.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Does Bart drop anything horribly useful outside of DF bp/commod? I don't really see a problem with keeping Bart/Marco/Sputty within reason, as theoretically a group of non T-20 ships should be able to take them out. Here's my input..

Bana: Pretty much agree with Tobal. The tractor was more fun before, now it's just kinda lame. The damage isn't bad, but it could do with an increase. Please do with with +dmg and not +rof, as bana has enough particle lag as it is.

MS: MS does nice Damage, but I think his resists are a bit too high. He's probably one of the tankiest ubers in game, so maybe swap some resists for regen or something, idk. Disagree partially on the butterflies, but with the new engine the lag might be better than it used to be. Maybe half the butterflies should stay near the gate and half be allowed to roam? just to prevent laginess.

Anni: I don't even need a healer, just my gunner and enough missiles. Or my DM, or the Zerker, or the FC.. Anni is a joke.

Copper: See Anni. I like the new beahaviour but the Blob dies too fast to really enjoy it or have much effect. Prehaps give the Blob NT 1000 so the tweaks do more? xD

UZ ubers are all Solo'able, but if you give them shield bank beefs they won't be. Rhino levels got kinda boring compared to before because of the changes to Physical weapons. Maybe rework some of the Rhino weapons to Energy so there is actually some tanking to be done?

Lion seems ok, a bit weak but that lvl presents some unique circumstances.. it doesn't need to get too hard since hardly anyone MC's in there. If you beef it too much people won't have the bodies to do the runs.

Anyone done Vigi or Midas since the rebalance? Can't say that I've bothered with either, but I'm curious if they're still not worth the effort.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Vigilante is retarded his catapults barely move and he shoots backward not to mention the fact he does almost no damage after 30 seconds of chasing him backwards because he was using the catas i decided fuck it and left

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:31 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Death Mental
Main: Dr. Pepper
Level: 2689
Class: Engineer

do we really want all ubers to be easy i say beef all the ones that need it

Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:13 am

Team: None
Main: Sybir
Level: 1788
Class: Shield Monkey

alby drops shit lately
Last time it droped us minor resistance aug

Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Death Mental
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 2942
Class: Berserker

We tried Midas as 2 SD with jiji sat on sun with one healer and we were breaking altho he could regen it, when goin fast we could not power dps in our old setups. I think 2 snipers well augged in panther could easily kill midas with a healer or perhaps a higher dps class, he needs a tractor or something to make it less a case of sit and shoot and maybe more damaging lasers.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:28 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Vigi is quite hilarious, really. The toughest part about fighting him is preventing him from rocketing out into space due to his catas. There are ways around this, though. Using a dreadnought, with the 80% resistance to physical, usually makes him choose lasers. Also, 2 or 3 people tractoring him can counter it, though it is still difficult to sustain DPS on him. Noone really bothered killing him even before the rebalance, and now that physical weapons suck there is no point in it anyway. I say leave him how he is, not worth fixing him and he can actually be kinda amusing to fight.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:15 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

yugioh124 wrote:
Vigi is quite hilarious, really. The toughest part about fighting him is preventing him from rocketing out into space due to his catas. There are ways around this, though. Using a dreadnought, with the 80% resistance to physical, usually makes him choose lasers. Also, 2 or 3 people tractoring him can counter it, though it is still difficult to sustain DPS on him. Noone really bothered killing him even before the rebalance, and now that physical weapons suck there is no point in it anyway. I say leave him how he is, not worth fixing him and he can actually be kinda amusing to fight.

why not have him have a chance to drop an unstable core when killed? then people would kill him.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:51 pm