It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:01 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Rebalance Feedback Welcome - Please Read
Hey guys,

I've set up a system for feedback about the rebalance. It's a wiki page found here:
http://wiki.starsonata.com/index.php/Rebalance_Feedback

PLEASE read through the explanation and try to follow the instructions. Also do not add items where it says NO COMMENT HERE YET.

Try not to spam every possible items, just keep it to the items that matter to you, so that there is more chance for them to be looked at. (If there are a ton of items, it will be more likely that some get forgotten).

I will try to keep on top of things and strikeout any item that has been changed, or any item where the request was denied, etc.

The better you guys behave on this page, the easier it will be for all of us, and the better the game will be for it.

Thanks for your patience on this issue, and for the help you guys will provide in this process,
pip

PS WIKI ISSUES:
Follow these steps:
1. Log out of the forum and wiki
2. Clear your cookies for starsonata.com
3. Log into forum.
4. Go to wiki.

PPS. Use the discussion page to discuss stat changes made on that page with other users.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

Post Re: Rebalance Feedback Welcome - Please Read
well when i log in then go to that page, it forgets me automatically and then i cannot edit...Happens every time.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

I am a n00b at wiki editing, tried to add rhino cannon and astronomica's mods. I pressed enter after each part, but it removed that and just put a space between each.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:12 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

trevor54 wrote:
well when i log in then go to that page, it forgets me automatically and then i cannot edit...Happens every time.

Follow these steps:
1. Log out of the forum and wiki
2. Clear your cookies for starsonata.com
3. Log into forum.
4. Go to wiki.

yugioh124 wrote:
I am a n00b at wiki editing, tried to add rhino cannon and astronomica's mods. I pressed enter after each part, but it removed that and just put a space between each.

Did you copy the format I put up there (edit the whole page and see my format) ? You need to line breaks in Wiki to get one on the actual page. Also, there is a preview feature.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:15 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Yugioh i just looked at your edit... you didnt follow the format and you added random non-useful comments. Do that again and you will be locked out from giving feedback...

If you dont fix them soon, ill just delete the edits you made.

Also, your comments are more like rants then helpful. Look at Ives edit to see what your stuff should look like. Concise, easy to read, and exactly what he wants changed with a good explanation.

Your edit should not mention "my speed demon pax" or whatever. Just what you want changed and why its a good idea.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854

Wow, I had 15 minutes to make the edit? How am I supposed to be constantly checking the forums for your response? :roll:

Besides, what was so random and non-useful about it? I told what I wanted done with it, and why, by explaining what had changed and how it affected me.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:40 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

yugioh124 wrote:
Wow, I had 15 minutes to make the edit? How am I supposed to be constantly checking the forums for your response? :roll:

Besides, what was so random and non-useful about it? I told what I wanted done with it, and why, by explaining what had changed and how it affected me.

You had random crap after the ===Physical=== title which had no purpose.

It was specified at the top which format to follow, and all you had to do is copy and paste the format and use it in your edit (like ives did).

Your comments were like a rant, and from what I read I could not find much useful information in them at all. Just rewrite them the right way, using Ives example as a model, and you'll be fine.

The reason i deleted them is that i didnt want other users to think that anything goes on that page, which i made clear. Follow the rules and you'll be good to go.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266

/me points at this.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Team: Death Mental
Main: Elryk
Level: 2208
Class: Gunner

I would like to point out that there appears to be no place to Post bugs. I logged on to the test server and IMMEDIATELY noticed that the Gunner crippling bug that involves missiles disappearing and still counted toward the max you can control, is still there.

The AI dies before the missile gets there and the missile disappears. Each missile that disappears in this manner removes 1 missile from the maximum amount you can launch. If 3 missiles disappear like this, you can no longer launch any missiles (capitol ship).

This is the 3rd time I've pointed out this bug, and the second time I've explained the details of exactly what happens. Since this bug is still present, I will only assume that the same still applies for slaves, and that if a slave losses a missile because of this, it will not leave the galaxy that it launched the missile in (also reported at the same times I reported the other bug). These are 2 VERY severe bugs, so I didn't bother to check anything else, If reported bugs are not fixed yet, I don't plan to waste time looking for more until they are.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:58 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Kyrle wrote:
I would like to point out that there appears to be no place to Post bugs. I logged on to the test server and IMMEDIATELY noticed that the Gunner crippling bug that involves missiles disappearing and still counted toward the max you can control, is still there.

The AI dies before the missile gets there and the missile disappears. Each missile that disappears in this manner removes 1 missile from the maximum amount you can launch. If 3 missiles disappear like this, you can no longer launch any missiles (capitol ship).

This is the 3rd time I've pointed out this bug, and the second time I've explained the details of exactly what happens. Since this bug is still present, I will only assume that the same still applies for slaves, and that if a slave losses a missile because of this, it will not leave the galaxy that it launched the missile in (also reported at the same times I reported the other bug). These are 2 VERY severe bugs, so I didn't bother to check anything else, If reported bugs are not fixed yet, I don't plan to waste time looking for more until they are.

Don't bother for now.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:54 pm

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

mmmm, no section on the wiki for commenting on drones.

One piece of feedback i'd like to offer is that we be given more Perma drone slots than normal drone slots. Since you seem to expect us to run a galaxy by ourselves i think we should be given somewhere around 15 perma drone slots to play around with. (galaxy max drones already prevents abuse)

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:15 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

thebattler35 wrote:
Since you seem to expect us to run a galaxy by ourselves i think we should be given somewhere around 15 perma drone slots to play around with. (galaxy max drones already prevents abuse)

Where did you get the idea that we expect you to run a galaxy by yourself?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:02 am

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Well, many people DO, nonetheless. And having as many perma drones as you do now doesn't seem to be so broken, and not having so many will take away the pretty circles people have been making with ice drones! :cry:

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:38 am

Team: Heaven
Main: Danger
Level: 2094
Class: Berserker

You deleted my post =0

Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:35 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Danger wrote:
You deleted my post =0

I remember reading your post, but I definitely did not delete it. Was it the ones about drones?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:46 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next