It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:08 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Post Re: Team headquarters, galaxy owning changes, and terraforming
Russell wrote:
Thanks Trev

A question for you though, do all the types of terraforming work on all planets or do that only work on a specific climate type.

Eg do atmosphere scrubbers only work on noxious atmospheres ?

The xml shows that some are restricted to specific values of climate/gravity/etc, although there's code that should allow some projects to have a range of conditions the effect... But none that Jeff posted do.

<NAME>Dark Matter Injection</NAME>
<VALUES>
<TECHLEVEL>9</TECHLEVEL>
<CONSTTYPE>Gravity</CONSTTYPE>
<BONUSSUITABILITY>0.1</BONUSSUITABILITY>
<minGRAVITY>0</minGRAVITY>
<maxGRAVITY>0</maxGRAVITY>
</VALUES>

For the above Dark Matter Injection, it's bonus is .1 (10%), and the min/max Gravity that it'll affect is type 0. A bit of a guess there, but I'm fairly sure that type 0 is Light Gravity, and Heavy gravity is type 2 (gravity controller experiment). Reference is Global cooling, which affects type 2 Temp, and Global warming which affects type 0.

Note that Orbital Habitats don't have a min/max, and I can confirm it'll work on a variety of planet types.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:56 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Great :)

Looks like it is working like it should.

:)

One little niggle though the amounts of material needed for most bps really needs to be looked at.

eg Dark Matter injection uses 10 DM at the FIRST stage. DM is a tier 3 commod and is rare and expensive. Farbulous Factory parts are not easy to make because of the amount and range of commods you have to use.

A well developed team can probably handle all but DM injection but a mid- range or newbie team is goin to struggle.

Last edited by Russell on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:43 pm
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Russell wrote:
Great :)

Looks like it is working like it should.

:)

One little niggle though the amounts of material needed for most bps really needs to be looked at.

eg Dark Matter injection uses 10 DM at the FIRST stage. DM is a tier 3 commod and is rare and expensive. Farbulous Factory parts are not easy to make because of the amount and range of commods you have to use.

A well developed team can probably handle all but DM injection but a min range or newbie team is goin to struggle.

The point is that these projects go from easy to very hard. You just have to pick planets on which you can use projects you can actually build.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

Still 5 DM for the FIRST stage of a project is OTT. (My mistake 5 not 10)

BTw I cannot find any project for terraforming gas giants (gaseous), are there any?
Got orbital habitats which are a general terraforming bp but cannot find a specific one.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:43 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Russell wrote:
Still 5 DM for the FIRST stage of a project is OTT. (My mistake 5 not 10)

BTw I cannot find any project for terraforming gas giants (gaseous), are there any?
Got orbital habitats which are a general terraforming bp but cannot find a specific one.

Jeff didn't list any in his xml dump.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:09 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21