It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 2620
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Prevent "corpse camping"?
I could add some more teams to that list lol

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:02 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: No Bull
Main: spartan one-one-eigh
Level: 567
Class: Fleet Commander

Id have to agree with Jagur4 on this, instead of hours it should be something of 10-15 minutes, there is no reason why, even in the slowest ships that u cant get out of an enemie or hostile team space in less than 10-15 minutes. believe me, ive done it, but having an timer of hours is again, i agree with Jagur4, who said this hours ago, is over the line

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

But how far can you go if I follow you?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
But how far can you go if I follow you?

Unless you are a Berserker, Team Space. Or at LEAST a Hub gal.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:
, how much PKing would you tolerate per hour per PKer before you say F-it, this game sucks?

That's what a fair amount of your playerbase will be saying if this goes in...

Someone who's stupid enough to continuously get back into a ship when the person who dispatched them is still there deserves it.

If you really want to "fix" this:

a) lower towing costs on freighters/HFs hugely, 1b for a freighter vs 30m for a light fighter is quite frankly ridiculous.

b) make towing stations more "visible" to the player, either by adding more in around the uni map or adding a fast travel option to the nearest towing station when you die.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am
Profile E-mail

thebattler35 wrote:
JeffL wrote:
, how much PKing would you tolerate per hour per PKer before you say F-it, this game sucks?

If you're stupid enough to continuously get back into a ship when the person who dispatched you is still there then you deserve it.

imo it all depends on how far you are into the game
higher levels are able to tolerate a lot more
but lower levels might be quicker to say "fuck it"

which is why you should implement this system for only a certain level of players

Last edited by Neba on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:18 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Doman
Level: 2627

thebattler35 wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Someone who's stupid enough to continuously get back into a ship when the person who dispatched them is still there deserves it.

a) lower towing costs on freighters/HFs hugely, 1b for a freighter vs 30m for a light fighter is quite frankly ridiculous.

b) make towing stations more "visible" to the player, either by adding more in around the uni map or adding a fast travel option to the nearest towing station when you die.

Add a towing option to your team's HQ.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:39 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Threaten
Level: 2853

Myhn wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Add a towing option to your team's HQ.

as i've suggested before..

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:19 am

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

Neba wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:
JeffL wrote:

If you're stupid enough to continuously get back into a ship when the person who dispatched you is still there then you deserve it.

imo it all depends on how far you are into the game
higher levels are able to tolerate a lot more
but lower levels might be quicker to say "fuck it"

which is why you should implement this system for only a certain level of players

Simply waving aside high level players is pointless.

I spent a good amount of time at all levels of the game and have been in drastically different situations as a player. I think that this would qualify me to speak generally on the topic.

The very idea of this going in is repulsive, restrictive and quite frankly retarded.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572
Class: Engineer

Rhezmyn wrote:
I do definitely see for myself quite often how griefing is a problem. Some say it's whining which I can see, but for those players who probably don't read/access the forums or are new to the game and don't have alts to screw around on while one is being camped it could be detrimental to the flow of new players into the game. While immediately putting a "no-pvp-for-me" flag up after dying to someone may seem a bit overboard to some, to others it might seem like the best solution. However, I'd like to see a compromise made, maybe something along the lines of players who don't have 2 or more characters with a combined total level (again, this is just theory, I'm not sure if this could be coded/worked out) of about 1250, I say the second death in PvP without killing someone else (keep in mind this has to be made around the possibility of war) or by the same person twice without killing someone should then result in x amount of time-out (10 minutes? 1 hour?). More deaths by the same person (or team [depending on diplomacy with that team, again, wars]) without PvPing/killing yourself would result in a longer and longer timeout from PvP. If this could be coded, I could see how if some of the variables were changed to find a compromise how it would a good solution to the problem.

tl;dr: no timeout for dying, subsequent deaths by same person/team results in timeout, more deaths = more timeout (there would be restrictions on levels applied to)

/notsigned
i feel 1400 is a better number, 1250 is the rim of high level pvp. you cant expect a 1250 to kill DIE. i know a 1400 might not either but they will have more experience, watching and experiencing pvp for 150 levels before hes thrown into it.
also, i feel that the actual hardcap is a bad idea.. i think every time you kill someone under 1400 or for the 2nd time in non-war conditions, you should get a -10% to all stats on your ship for [x] time, maybe 2h. or just a huge -regen aura from the stasisized ship at 1k range.

Last edited by andezrhode2a on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:35 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: L0L
Level: 1062

I think this is unneeded. I can, 9/10 times, ask someone to stop and they will. Also, I've never been camped by anyone (not important enough :cry: ). However, this seems abusable: what if a base kills you and you get a 15 minute invulnerability aura to just sit in the gal and scan shit?

Kinky? Lets not go there...

I'm willing to go there ;)

blacker2359 wrote:
First thought: L0L playing C2? HOLY SHIT IT CAME OUT?!?
10 second later: I'm gonna kill L0L.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: playerboy345
Level: 2035

Lolwut? wrote:
I think this is unneeded. I can, 9/10 times, ask someone to stop and they will. Also, I've never been camped by anyone (not important enough :cry: ). However, this seems abusable: what if a base kills you and you get a 15 minute invulnerability aura to just sit in the gal and scan shit?

scanning will be hostile and cause you to get killed by bases instantly when scanning a base

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:30 am
Profile E-mail

andezrhode2a wrote:
/notsigned
i feel 1400 is a better number, 1250 is the rim of high level pvp. you cant expect a 1250 to kill DIE. i know a 1400 might not either but they will have more experience, watching and experiencing pvp for 150 levels before hes thrown into it.
also, i feel that the actual hardcap is a bad idea.. i think every time you kill someone under 1400 or for the 2nd time in non-war conditions, you should get a -10% to all stats on your ship for [x] time, maybe 2h. or just a huge -regen aura from the stasisized ship at 1k range.

if youre 1250 you should be on a large enough team to prevent being griefed/camped

Last edited by Neba on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:26 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

thebattler35 wrote:

I disagree with this. It's not always going to be the case where the person who killed you is sitting 100 distance away from your ship just waiting to get in. They can easily either cloak or go to the next galaxy and wait, and then find you in a couple of minutes and kill you again. And especially at low levels, the area a person who is leveling or doing missions in is small enough, it's not like it's hard to come back and find them even 20 minutes or an hour later.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

good
that means people will need seer classes on the team
cuz its not like they can really do anything right now anyways other then pvp

boom promoted diversity

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:32 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next