It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:52 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post Re: Low level base kits
Maybe for now, we can just make tech 0 and tech 3 base kits cost the same as tech 6.

The one thing I don't like is this race to fill all your slots as a defensive measure. Maybe if we give 2 slots to another team per bordering galaxy, we should also limit them to 2 slots per bordering gal, so the defending team doesn't feel like they have to have 25 bases as a form of defense.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:54 pm
Profile WWW

Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2466
Class: Engineer

Border is the only place where you can defend with any kind of certainty . We will always put max in border gals cos it is smarter to defend in the entry point and tbh probably only place where you can defend against large force .
I do not quite understand what are you suggesting Jeff but if not in border gal you can be sure that gal behind that one will have 2+ bases in it .

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

It's not a matter of 12 vs 15 colony boosters. It's a matter of finding enough account slots to boost maybe 4 - 6 colonies and still have enough to deploy another T16 base on another alt.

The solution of giving the attacker 2 new station slots per border galaxy is incredible. It adds a cool strategic aspect to the game, and it makes the old cheat / tactic of filling a galaxy with T0 bases completely obsolete. Say I have 10 "real" bases in my gal, and I see BVB coming. It will do me absolutely no good to go deploy 15 T0 kits. My attacker will still be able to deploy at least 2 bvb kits against me. If his team has two galaxies that border my gal, he'll have 4 available.

This solution is pretty close to perfect in and of itself. There is no reason to increas the slot usage of bases at all (except that JeffL hates multiple alts and all the bases we lay with them :lol: )

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142

I believe he means this:

Team A and Team B border each other and are at war.

Team A Owns Galaxy X, Team B wants to BvB Galaxy X and borders it with Gals Y and Z.

Because they have 2 bordering Gals, they can lay up to 4 bases in Gal X for their attack. Tier limit is based on being allowed up to 2 bases per bordering gal, and only up to 2 per bordering gal, regardless of how many bases the owning team has there.

If Team B wins the BvB and eliminates all the enemy bases, Gal becomes un owned, and the attacker can begin ownership process if desired.

The teams that own Gals X, Y, and Z can have up to 25 bases in each, though Jeff feels like they should not have to feel obligated to do so.

So, in short, he is suggesting that the slots the attacking team get should not be part of the overall Gal limit. i.e. the attackers get 2 slots in the galaxy being attacked per galaxy they own that borders the gal being attacked. They do not get to add bases up to the gal limit of 25 plus their bonus number.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:16 pm

Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142

JeffL wrote:
Maybe for now, we can just make tech 0 and tech 3 base kits cost the same as tech 6.

The one thing I don't like is this race to fill all your slots as a defensive measure. Maybe if we give 2 slots to another team per bordering galaxy, we should also limit them to 2 slots per bordering gal, so the defending team doesn't feel like they have to have 25 bases as a form of defense.

Overall, I think Jeff's idea is moving us in a good direction.

Would capping not work if team already had their limit of 2 per bordering gal?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620

sleepysnagrund wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Overall, I think Jeff's idea is moving us in a good direction.

Would capping not work if team already had their limit of 2 per bordering gal?

Good point. Teams at war should always be able to cap, regardless of ownership or base slots. ONLY teams at war though, to avoid exploits from letting a friendly team / fake team cap your base.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:30 pm

Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

JeffL wrote:

May as well just remove them from game if you are going to do that. The only reason I use t0's as boosters is due to you nerfing our base slots in the first place. Take them all while your at it.

What did you think we would do? Give up security of t20 kits for a few more ca boosters at t9, hell no. Security always comes first, then the money makers. It really pissed me off when I read that you thought t0 CA boosters were boarder line exploits. Really? After you cut our base slots per account in half what did you really think we would do?

Want me to not use t0's? Ok. Exclude CA chars from the base slot per account limit, freeing us to use higher tech ones.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:18 pm
Profile YIM

Team: None
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1876

I agree with Hooch. Without paying for a second acct its near impossible to fully take advantage of a galaxy without cutting corners here or there, whether it be CA boosters or you defense you dont really have a choice, assuming no teamates help you either.

What about giving every character 3-4 base slots, regardless of tech. This would allow you 15-20 bases per account and if your CA has StM 16 you may as well just use Adonis bases, or Andaman bases. This would remove the whole need to use T0 boosters and would cause a lot less confusion as to whether T0 kits are being used as boosters or to fill up a gal.

~BD

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:09 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

I love you, BD.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Bds post:

Quote:
What about giving every character 3-4 base slots, regardless of tech. This would allow you 15-20 bases per account and if your CA has StM 16 you may as well just use Adonis bases, or Andaman bases. This would remove the whole need to use T0 boosters and would cause a lot less confusion as to whether T0 kits are being used as boosters or to fill up a gal.

Jeffs post :
Quote:
2) Change the way base slots work so that each base, regardless of tech level, takes up one slot and each character has something like 5-6 total slots with bonus slots that are account-wide. Same as 1) in that this doesn't necessarily fix the problem, but it makes filling all your slots in much more expensive. (We are going to do this change eventually, just haven't gotten around to it and don't really want to do it mid-uni.)

Trevor's Post:

Jeff, do you hate base builders? Its almost like you dont want us building. Just keep nerfing those slots away..

From a personal point, I like SS because of base building, keep nerfing slots, and It will take a huge aspect from this game.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

I like +2 slots per bordering galaxy.

if that went in no change is necessary to t0, t3, t6 boosters.

and yes I agree that the attackers should only have slots from the bordering galaxies mechanic.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Base building is what I do. I feel like I am getting shafted again and again and again...

Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:54 pm
Profile YIM

rand4505 wrote:
Base building is what I do. I feel like I am getting shafted again and again and again...

the only thing i disagree fully with is increasing slot requirements.

base-building, shouldn't be something you just do on your own.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:09 pm
Profile E-mail

By your comment I assume you do not have a sphere.

And you are partially right.

Base building is something you perfect from being attacked by enemies. And master through comparing setups with other people.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:20 pm
Profile YIM

rand4505 wrote:
By your comment I assume you do not have a sphere.

And you are partially right.

Base building is something you perfect from being attacked by enemies. And master through comparing setups with other people.

Jeffs said that galaxies should be shared between two or three people and I agree.

and no I don't own a sphere currently, but i do run my own galaxy, off 2 accounts.

and i have and do discuss setups with people, thats nothing that couldn't be done with a spreadsheet though.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next