It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

somthing that is higly stupid....2600 To max out my Skills IS INSANE>.....................the lvl 500 guy is right THIS doesnt help Ss u have to have Players to get them to lvl 1k , so al lthe people who paly now u have to be lvl 520 without using any skill points to max a skill out THAT IS REDICUOLS if your trying to run low lvl player away YOUR DOING it...im here to say that 2600 SP is TOOOOOOOOOOOO much i cant lvl a charter up with FREAKEN a First Line just to max out a skill...its insane...u want to bring more people to the game...u should just slap a sign on the front page U CANT DO ANYTHING TO LVL 1k.......DONT PLAY THIS GAME..

Trevor With Anger

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:49 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833
Class: Engineer

You do realize you are not meant to level all 3 quickly, correct? Its meant to be balanced with leveling 2 of the 3 sub-skills.

Note: Drone Master Spec still requires Drone Mastery -- Meaning I cannot undock my Fluid to test out Sniper on.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:03 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: None
Main: _Emrys
Level: 773

I am ok with nerfing fire of the gods.. Maybe even to what it is now but seriously. Let us test the new skills as it is now. Fix everythign else later. This is the big issue, and one thing at a time works best, not everything at once.

Agreed, it seems this has never been noticed, but it sure would make it a lot easier on EVERYONE. Admins, just put items back to how they were for now, broken or not. That way they can test out the skills with no problem just to see how they work. Then work on balancing equipment stats. This would make the whole process easier on EVERYONE.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649
Class: Berserker

My game is crashing on my other character now.. Im in my massif with like 1.5k of stuff stored.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:06 pm
Profile E-mail

so al lthe people who paly now u have to be lvl 520 without using any skill points to max a skill out THAT IS REDICUOLS if your trying to run low lvl player away YOUR DOING it...im here to say that 2600 SP is TOOOOOOOOOOOO much i cant lvl a charter up with FREAKEN a First Line just to max out a skill...its insane...

YOU COULD ALWAYS TRY LEVELING UP YOUR BASIC SKILLS FIRST INSTEAD OF RELYING ON DM CRUTCHES? I don't think the developers intended people to just drop some drones and then go afk while they level up.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:07 pm

your lvl 300-400 , you wont be lvliling like that anymore it will take u DAYS WEEKS to get a couple hundered lvls

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Power Player
Level: 2485
Class: Speed Demon

When i equip weapons my used hull decreases and max hull increases

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:14 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 927

hes a shmonk. but i do agree with you DWO. i peronaly like the skills how they are, on test i chose engineer and the only thing im going to change when they come out for real is that i will lvl dm and dmg control equaly and have been a higher lvl to start things off.

personaly i feel that we shouldnt be lvl 300s with maxed out class skills, and the only reason i wasnt that was cause im too lazy and cheap to go and lvl station mang and rc so that i can get slave and station mast up t max. my DM lvl is 20, and ive had the sp for that since lvl 150, i just spent it on other thigns, like shields energy, engine, tractoring and the subskils.

and if you think2600sp is too much be glad they didnt do what the original plan was, which was all 5 be one sp pool making it 5500.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649

Ok let me just do some colculations on sp usage here. With a hotrod or perhaps fwing, incin, f5, demios, you can lvl to 300 or so off the lvl 300 urqa bana ais pretty easily. If you get lucky you can find a dg with them being in the first lvl.

Anyways... So assume this...

T9 piloting
T8 energy
T6 weapon
T5 radar
T5 engine (blue engine)
T5 equip
T9 shield
WP3
AT5

237 sp. 47.4 lvls worth... To lvl to 300. Lets say 300 sp because lower levels tend to get misc skills and waste sp that way so 60 lvls, if you do the "ideal" lvling strat...

That leaves 1200sp at lvl 300 to get secondaries... use 1190sp to get lvl 17 in the focus, the main skill, and 2 subskills...
So at lvl 300 you could almost have your focus, main skill, and 2 subskills maxed out... lvl 390 to do that.

However with higehr levels of the basic skills and some misc skills, this would be more likely to be done at lvl 500. 2 subskills and the focus/main skill maxed is what the admins said should be around a persons current strength. Most people are around lvl 500... So this isn't really that bad. People just can't get extra skills until after 500 if they want their secondary up higher.

In my opinion, everything will seem much more balanced if the game is reset fully.. Everyone starts over. This will probably never happen until the admins can pay for a new server so old people can stayt on the other one and others can restart if they wish... Multiple servers like WoW and every other mmorpg does it.

Until then, this seems pretty fair to me:)

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:24 pm
Profile E-mail

also the skills are SOOOO broken , with shm all of them , i can do anything solo healing....also the beserker class is also very broken

u are gonna need to lok at these skills better

Last edited by trevor54 on Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:27 pm
Profile E-mail

download the client to the desktop

go to my computer

go to C drive

then program files

find the starsonata folder

open it, keep it open

drag and drop the icon into the folders open screen

right click on it and press "create shortcut"

now you can get to it via desktop.

(also make sure ur on the test2 server!)

Thank you Goz

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:31 pm

Team: Death Mental
Main: MasterBate
Level: 2349
Class: Speed Demon

hmmm, those Expertise Aug Missions should only give you a token to get the same Expertise Augs back that you turned in..

getting a ShM Exp aug(value about 30b?) for a Merch Expertise(value about 1b?) makes no sense.. just f**ks up the prices...

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: First Matey
Level: 1311

somthing that is higly stupid....2600 To max out my Skills IS INSANE>.....................the lvl 500 guy is right THIS doesnt help Ss u have to have Players to get them to lvl 1k , so al lthe people who paly now u have to be lvl 520 without using any skill points to max a skill out THAT IS REDICUOLS if your trying to run low lvl player away YOUR DOING it...im here to say that 2600 SP is TOOOOOOOOOOOO much i cant lvl a charter up with FREAKEN a First Line just to max out a skill...its insane...u want to bring more people to the game...u should just slap a sign on the front page U CANT DO ANYTHING TO LVL 1k.......DONT PLAY THIS GAME..

Trevor With Anger
You could get to lvl 700 with no secondary skills pretty easily.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:36 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

hmmm, those Expertise Aug Missions should only give you a token to get the same Expertise Augs back that you turned in..

getting a ShM Exp aug(value about 30b?) for a Merch Expertise(value about 1b?) makes no sense.. just f**ks up the prices...

Yes, there will be flux in the Class Augmenter economy, and it will equalize the price on class augmenters. Considering we are making all the old augmenters obsolete this is to be expected. All new augmenters are being created for every class, so doing a token return is in the best interests for everyone. As long as you have Class Augmenters currently, you will be able to get ones that are useful to your new class.

Caelestis

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:01 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

The MF skills that is supposed to reduce weapon size doesn't.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:04 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 26  Next