It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 2763
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Prevent "corpse camping"?
Myhn wrote:
rand4505 wrote:
Then after pvp death /pvpflag off, can not go on for X hours and cant be killed for that time, and this is dependent on war status being false.

Because any way of turning off PvP will allow someone with 2 accounts to turn PvP off for himself and let him say fly his Sphere into enemy space and park a base layer unmolested or any other of the multitude of ways to abuse the system. This game isn't that complicated. Either its open PvP and you allow the player base deal with pirates and griefers which fosters social interaction. Or PvP becomes a joke.

Then just go back to the original, total open pvp. Learn the hard way like all the vets.

If someone wants to pick on noobs,they ask for help and get to meet the rest of the player base

In the end the best moderators are us the players no need for rules, we can handle this.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 pm
Profile YIM

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

Hooch, that approach might be okay, back when SS wasn't as big, or for us who know how to defend ourselves. But there are more and more pirates these days, and with C2 coming (hopefully more players), we need a proper system.

I did like the towing idea when you die, but there are way too many implications with it.

Could make the second death to the same PvP worthless/worth less than the first. Why kill someone with no gain?

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:16 am
Profile WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

jeff mc beth wrote:

Could make the second death to the same PvP worthless/worth less than the first. Why kill someone with no gain?

My enemy's loss is my gain.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:21 am

People with out bases have no means of giving retribution to those who deserve it.
Thats just wrong.

Last edited by Neba on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 am
Profile E-mail

Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

Neba wrote:
People with out bases have no means of giving retribution to those who deserve it.
Thats just wrong.

People with bases have no means of retribution to players without bases though as well.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 am
Profile E-mail

not having griefing could work both ways then

Last edited by Neba on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 am
Profile E-mail

Team: pantalones
Main: Rhezmyn
Level: 1921
Class: Engineer

I do definitely see for myself quite often how griefing is a problem. Some say it's whining which I can see, but for those players who probably don't read/access the forums or are new to the game and don't have alts to screw around on while one is being camped it could be detrimental to the flow of new players into the game. While immediately putting a "no-pvp-for-me" flag up after dying to someone may seem a bit overboard to some, to others it might seem like the best solution. However, I'd like to see a compromise made, maybe something along the lines of players who don't have 2 or more characters with a combined total level (again, this is just theory, I'm not sure if this could be coded/worked out) of about 1250, I say the second death in PvP without killing someone else (keep in mind this has to be made around the possibility of war) or by the same person twice without killing someone should then result in x amount of time-out (10 minutes? 1 hour?). More deaths by the same person (or team [depending on diplomacy with that team, again, wars]) without PvPing/killing yourself would result in a longer and longer timeout from PvP. If this could be coded, I could see how if some of the variables were changed to find a compromise how it would a good solution to the problem.

tl;dr: no timeout for dying, subsequent deaths by same person/team results in timeout, more deaths = more timeout (there would be restrictions on levels applied to)

The Voomy One wrote:
I've heard that butterfly is a insect...apparently with wings and shit.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:16 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266
Class: Fleet Commander

how bout this, after you've been killed twice a little popup pops up that says, "click here to start a second character!" then they'll never get bored!

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 am

Whatever happened to the whole 'Your team has to own a HQ or a galaxy in order to be able to have random PvP' idea?

I rather liked that, honestly.

It gave the aggressor something to lose, and more importantly, something they have to defend.

Obviously you wouldn't have to own a galaxy to have random PvP in the first 3-7 days of a universe.

-Kles

Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:32 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Nya
Level: 1136
Class: Berserker

How about once you die in PvP, for 30mins after the first kill they can still attack you, if you choose to get in, but after the 30mins you have 30minutes of freedom, unless you attack them and that would clear the timer. wouldnt stop piracy, but would give people a way around it

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:11 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837
Class: Shield Monkey

Soo whats the solution on bases, I tried to find the answer though the pages of this topic but I couldn't find it.

If base kills you once you get 1 hour to freely scan and scout enemy galaxies (I'm guessing the PvP rule applies to PvB too) ?

Or is it going for more of a approach of separating PvE content from PvP?

+ What happened to the glory system you suggested ages ago Jeff! :(

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 am
Profile E-mail

Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 2570

Pretty sure Jeff stated that scanning was going to become a hostile action.

Kles' idea is brilliant though it would need more support since you can basically build an HQ in seconds. Maybe need to have it for a set period of time before you can freely pirate once the HQ is down?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 am
Profile E-mail

Main: Doman
Level: 2627

Kles le Grande wrote:
Whatever happened to the whole 'Your team has to own a HQ or a galaxy in order to be able to have random PvP' idea?

It gave the aggressor something to lose, and more importantly, something they have to defend.

Obviously you wouldn't have to own a galaxy to have random PvP in the first 3-7 days of a universe.

-Kles

That would put a whole new spin on griefing. As those with HQ's could attack the little guys who can't fight for space and not fear of retribution. Hell it would actually improve Pant's position right now.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:59 am

Myhn wrote:
Kles le Grande wrote:

-Kles

That would put a whole new spin on griefing. As those with HQ's could attack the little guys who can't fight for space and not fear of retribution. Hell it would actually improve Pant's position right now.

They could do that right now anyways.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:04 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

As far as I saw, theres only three teams that fit that definition in WS. Aero, Mad+, and Silver Guardians. Can steamroll all three teams quite easily from a team of a minimum of pant's "power".

All the others can fight back and or have friends on much larger teams...*nudges Leo*

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:52 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next