It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Low level base kits
Dorin Nube wrote:
JeffL wrote:
Every team HQ can build an assault drone in the HQ if there is currently no assault drone possessed by any team member or base, or being built, or deployed. A team can only have one assault drone at a time either in possession or deployed, and the team must have at least a certain score, like 200 or 250 to build assault drones.

Nice, but I think you better let the drone be built even if there is one in storage somewhere. Without a doubt somebody will build one and have it in storage and then go on vacation for a week when the team needs an assault drone.

Most probably it would be implemented as a team based cooldown so you could store as many as you wanted but you would only be able to deploy 1 every 24 hours. There are just too many possible exploits to cover to make it possible to have only one assault drone.

Quote:
JeffL wrote:
1) Base Suppression Drone. Upon activation, has a lifespan of 90 minutes and has a field generator that gives all enemy bases -90% damage and -90% shield regen.

That sounds a bit extreme, don't you think :) Especially since the thing is invincible. I really like the idea of this thing, but I'm thinking one ShM + Zerker could probably level a galaxy full of ada bases if they were crippled that badly. Also, does this one have an expiration time like the Command Drone?

The point of it is that you make the fight more PvP than PvB. If the team wants to defend they will need to PvP you while their bases are weak, and hold you off long enough for the drone to expire. Obviously the defenders would still have an advantage, even with the weakened defenses, bases running at 10% effectiveness are not a total joke.

Sodomy wrote:
This completely removes any suprise attacks from the game, and in SS, the only victories are where you can strike before an enemy can prepare itself, look at the war with LC as a perfect example. One team is prepared, and thus is holding off 3 of the biggest teams in SS. LC itself is not the size of one of them.

Actually I think the assault drone that weakens bases would pretty much all but guarantee that LC would get slaughtered by "3 of the biggest teams in SS". That is assuming you were organized and you all attacked at the same time.

Also I'm pretty sure nobody said anything about removing the option for surprise attacks, but having a non-suicidal option for a direct confrontation would add a lot more depth and strategy to PvB and BvB game in my opinion.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

Actually, your suggestion, whether you realize it or not, are just strongly pro-swarm and pro-alliance. Aliances can use multiple assault kits on a single team. As you said with the TW/RE/DM vs LC sitatuion, if they all planted oen base at about the same time, there is zero chance of fending it off. Wouldn't that be an exploit built into the system?

Honestly, this is just a bad idea, but do whatever you want, I'll just be sure to abuse it in every way possible..

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:18 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Sodomy wrote:
Honestly, this is just a bad idea, but do whatever you want, I'll just be sure to abuse it in every way possible..

Apparently you don't understand the point of this discussion thread. People are just throwing ideas around and nothing is said to be concrete. The point is that the problem is thought through with the entire (forum active) playerbase looking for problems in the solutions proposed here so we can come up with something that will hold up and still be fun.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503

Me and sodomy have already said quit a few dozen post in the suggestions topic. I personally cant be bothered to retype it all.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

pip8786 wrote:
Sodomy wrote:

Apparently you don't understand the point of this discussion thread. People are just throwing ideas around and nothing is said to be concrete. The point is that the problem is thought through with the entire (forum active) playerbase looking for problems in the solutions proposed here so we can come up with something that will hold up and still be fun.

I think that amongst the majority of the playerbase the consensus has been reached within Aurora's Discussion thread in Suggestions.

and most agree that 5 Base slots for the attacking (warring and connected) team is the First and best step towards a better BvB system.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002
Class: Berserker

Sodomy wrote:
Actually, your suggestion, whether you realize it or not, are just strongly pro-swarm and pro-alliance. Aliances can use multiple assault kits on a single team. As you said with the TW/RE/DM vs LC sitatuion, if they all planted oen base at about the same time, there is zero chance of fending it off. Wouldn't that be an exploit built into the system?

I don't know, I guess it depends on whether you think it is an exploit that 3x beats 1x. I personally think that if one team has pissed of several other teams of similar size and strength, and they have failed to make allies of their own who are willing to help defend them, they should suffer the consequences. It obviously wouldn't be a free ride for the attackers, with sufficient warning an appropriate defense can be organized and good defenses will still greatly aid a smaller number of defenders to "hold the line" against an assault from a larger force. They only need to defend for a limited time, and unless all 3 enemy teams bordered one galaxy (unlikely) they wouldn't need to defend from multiple assault drones in the same galaxy.

I think most players can agree that even modestly defended galaxies are all but invulnerable to PvB combat right now. Personally I don't think that is a good thing, and it would be healthy for SS to open up new strategies for players to experiment with. Your opinion may differ and that is why we are discussing it here and I am not unilaterally implementing some random ideas I had.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20

One possible exploit i can see is making multiple teams to lay more assault kits. A possible fix is to make it take a certain team score in order to lay an assault kit. Nothing major, just enough that it takes a little bit of effort to do it.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2466
Class: Engineer

KK . Team score is a good thing but it should be 280 points at least . For top teams age+loyalty+wealth is easy points to get .

Tbh it is good that a team like LC can live so long against 3 top10 teams that means that not everything in game is based on how much money you have , but ofc now that we border them it is time for them to die :) .

Im still sure that best solution is combination of suggestions allready made .
One set of hard codded rules for EF space , one set for wild space ( everything goes around ownership , automatic aggressive after 2mins - those 2 points will eliminate 90% of possible exploits while keeping bvb as we have it ) .
WildSPace rules - 3 to 5 bases for BORDERING team is perfect first step solution . Point based system included . That will reduce the possibility of exploit to the minimum and to those few situation where it can be exploited you need to BAN the ppl CHEATING cos lets face it whatever system you put in you will not be able to keep bout imagination/reality and Fairplay . If you put to many hard codded rules you will any kind of imagination/reality feel out of bvb (what is war without surprise ? just hard work and God mood for the strongest )
EarthForce space rules - keep it as it is but limit the number of bases under t16 that can be deployed/gal- just few(3max) is more then enaugh for CA boosters or EE . With this we get to keep lot lvl kits for building in owned space , deploying kits for gal ownership on uni start etc ...

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:14 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Uth Matar wrote:
WildSPace rules - 3 to 5 bases for BORDERING team is perfect first step solution .

Oh, I hadn't though of making extra slots be determined by bordering owned galaxies. That's a great idea. Then if you want to make a fake team, you'll have to at least make a HQ and own the galaxy, which leaves you open to counterattacks and the 24 hour waiting time.

I'm going to add:

Quote:
6) Add 2 extra base slots for a specific team per bordering owned galaxy. If that team owns multiple bordering galaxies, it gets 2 slots for each.

I love the idea that you get 2 slots per bordering galaxy. It adds a very strategic element to things, reminiscent of World War 1. Is there a salient that needs to be reduced? =)

Also adding:

Quote:
7) (alternative to 1 and 2) level 0, 3, and 6 base kits all take the same number of slots as the level 9 base kit. So f2p's can still deploy a level 6 base if they only have tech 6 station management.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:03 am
Profile WWW

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5

JeffL wrote:
Uth Matar wrote:
WildSPace rules - 3 to 5 bases for BORDERING team is perfect first step solution .

Oh, I hadn't though of making extra slots be determined by bordering owned galaxies. That's a great idea. Then if you want to make a fake team, you'll have to at least make a HQ and own the galaxy, which leaves you open to counterattacks and the 24 hour waiting time.

I'm going to add:

Quote:
6) Add 2 extra base slots for a specific team per bordering owned galaxy. If that team owns multiple bordering galaxies, it gets 2 slots for each.

I love the idea that you get 2 slots per bordering galaxy. It adds a very strategic element to things, reminiscent of World War 1. Is there a salient that needs to be reduced? =)

I think I'm happy with this, need to break down the wall fo text a bit more, though.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:05 am

rand4505 wrote:
I think he is drunk.

Just check LNs old topics and you will see he got more then enough reason to get drunk and angry ofc if he was drunk . LN just shows up on forum and posts when DM gets cheated , so he is regularly here .

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:45 am
Officer

Team: Death Mental
Main: capt. mac
Level: 2931
Class: Speed Demon

The slot add is getting added this uni correct? Please dont make this 4-8 months down the road correction to the way the owning and BvB system was intended to work. The ideas with the assult drone is cool but that should be something that is tested intensly. I think there should be two types of those drones that you should add. One should be for galaxies that border your territory and would be a stronger version of one that is not as strong for attacking teams that you are at war with but not connected to. The one that is for non adjacent galaxies should only be able to be dropped on borders of the defending team, this will be better for the game because it will require teams to build stronger borders which will use more base slots and free up more buildable wild space.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:23 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 2142

I think that simply adding the ability for an enemy team to build bases where they could not at the moment is too big a change to make during a uni without other balancing efforts.

Being able to build more than 10K out and move an attacking base in and out remains too powerful a benefit for attackers.

BvB assaults typically go in favor of the attacker if they are reasonably well planned, potentially costing the defender the entire contents of their galaxy. The cost to the attacker for losing is a pile of GG and a couple of kits. Expensive kits probably, but not a galaxy full of them.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

JeffL wrote:
Also adding:

Quote:
7) (alternative to 1 and 2) level 0, 3, and 6 base kits all take the same number of slots as the level 9 base kit. So f2p's can still deploy a level 6 base if they only have tech 6 station management.

This will be a further limit to the number of legitimate bases a player can deploy, and it's on top of the horrible account slots limitation you've already imposed. I already have to use T6 bases for colony boosters and some of my EE bases just to make the station slots stretch, and I know I'm far from the only one in the game who does this. Is there any way you could be moved to increase those account slots a bit to make up for the extra slots we will be using just to deploy a booster or simple EE base?

The other rules you've discussed will already eliminate the actual problem of filling a gal with T0 bases. Doing so will no longer have any utility whatsoever in a battle. Please don't take this opportunity to gratuitously eliminate even more building potential per account than you already have done in the past.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:31 pm

I think Jeffs solution is perfect fix for the problem atm , drone and other ideas can be worked and introduce when they are ready . We need a solution for bvb now .
Being able to deploy 12 instead of 15 colony boosters is worth being able to make proper bvb IMO

Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next