It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:09 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Lord Nibbler
Level: 3265
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Low level base kits
just read voomys rules :twisted:

add Sodomy ~2-4 times to that

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306
Class: Speed Demon

Ricoh wrote:

I still don't get it.

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:36 pm
Profile WWW

erman wrote:
Ricoh wrote:

I still don't get it.

You probably never will with LN =o

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: thebeast
Level: 2787
Class: Gunner

After reading all the posts i personally think the 25 + 5 is the best way to go. Now for the solution to 'Fake Enemies': Im not to familiar with coding myself so i do not know how hard this would be but maybe code it so that every Kit laid from another team in an owned system becomes auto aggro to all bases regardless of PvP range (Note: the PvP range is only ignored in direct BvB, the bases should not open fire on a ship out of range). To add to that, as im sure players will just lay kits 10k5 out, maybe eliminate hard cap on base range? With some thought and good planning an attacking team can lay a kit and have it able to withstand some hits before it ever really gets hit.

In Short : Team A owns Galaxy XZ, Team B wants galaxy XZ. Team B lays a base kit in XZ and ALL bases from team A open fire.

Napoléon - “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:01 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

gary1992 wrote:
After reading all the posts i personally think the 25 + 5 is the best way to go. Now for the solution to 'Fake Enemies': Im not to familiar with coding myself so i do not know how hard this would be but maybe code it so that every Kit laid from another team in an owned system becomes auto aggro to all bases regardless of PvP range (Note: the PvP range is only ignored in direct BvB, the bases should not open fire on a ship out of range). To add to that, as im sure players will just lay kits 10k5 out, maybe eliminate hard cap on base range? With some thought and good planning an attacking team can lay a kit and have it able to withstand some hits before it ever really gets hit.

In Short : Team A owns Galaxy XZ, Team B wants galaxy XZ. Team B lays a base kit in XZ and ALL bases from team A open fire.

Isn't this a problem for warp 1 galaxies that can't be owned? Jeff's assault drone proposal would make things more complicated, sure, but it would also open up lots of new strategic elements, not to mention the possibility reviving of PvB.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:07 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

gary1992 wrote:

I'm really not willing to consider any idea that breaks out of the pvp ranges.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:43 am
Profile WWW

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
The assault drone seems like it would indeed fix the BvB problem, but it must only be able to be deployed when the deploying team is at war with the defending team.

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:15 am
Profile E-mail

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

JeffL wrote:
So there's a similar but different idea to the assault bases that we've been wanting to implement for a long time now, but haven't had the chance. I guess I'll tell it here, because maybe it's the solution to this issue. Originally, it didn't concern base slots, but the assault base idea has inspired me to add base slots to the old idea.

Assault Drones

Every team HQ can build an assault drone in the HQ if there is currently no assault drone possessed by any team member or base, or being built, or deployed. A team can only have one assault drone at a time either in possession or deployed, and the team must have at least a certain score, like 200 or 250 to build assault drones.

Assault drones don't take any slots and can be deployed in any galaxy. Once deployed, an assault drone is invincible for 24 hours and adds a team message to the team that dropped it and any team that has bases in the galaxy where the drone is deployed that contains the name of the galaxy and the time when the drone goes active.

There are two type of assault drones.

1) Base Suppression Drone. Upon activation, has a lifespan of 90 minutes and has a field generator that gives all enemy bases -90% damage and -90% shield regen.

2) Assault Command Drone. Upon activation, has a lifespan of 4 hours and grants the owning team 10 base slots in that galaxy. Upon the end of this drone, if there are more bases than the galaxy can support, the newest ones are destroyed until the limit is reached.

So the idea here is you are basically calling out another team to fight you in 24 hours when you deploy one of these drones. You can either do the suppression drone to get some PvP and PvB action going, or do the command drone to get some BvB action going even if the galaxies slots are full. Since it takes 24 hours to activate, you can obviously only do this about once per 24 hours.

This completely removes any suprise attacks from the game, and in SS, the only victories are where you can strike before an enemy can prepare itself, look at the war with LC as a perfect example. One team is prepared, and thus is holding off 3 of the biggest teams in SS. LC itself is not the size of one of them.

I think you are making this too complicated, and not at all in line with what the game is currently aimed around... establishing territory and makign steady bvb assaults to gain more.

To give you an example of why this is a bad idea, I can assure you that just on my part, even if they cost me 10b per, I would build one of your droens at every opportunity and drop them on all my neighbors and enemies. This would force them to spend so much to defend against an assault I would never launch. And they would have no choice but to do so. If this is the direction you want to go.. thats fine, but I stand by my suggestion:

+5-10 base slots for a second team in a galaxy
Cannot unwar a team that has bases deployed in your galaxy
Respond to tickets if somebody is purposefully exploiting this

Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:26 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620

JeffL wrote:
Every team HQ can build an assault drone in the HQ if there is currently no assault drone possessed by any team member or base, or being built, or deployed. A team can only have one assault drone at a time either in possession or deployed, and the team must have at least a certain score, like 200 or 250 to build assault drones.

Nice, but I think you better let the drone be built even if there is one in storage somewhere. Without a doubt somebody will build one and have it in storage and then go on vacation for a week when the team needs an assault drone.

JeffL wrote:
1) Base Suppression Drone. Upon activation, has a lifespan of 90 minutes and has a field generator that gives all enemy bases -90% damage and -90% shield regen.

That sounds a bit extreme, don't you think :) Especially since the thing is invincible. I really like the idea of this thing, but I'm thinking one ShM + Zerker could probably level a galaxy full of ada bases if they were crippled that badly. Also, does this one have an expiration time like the Command Drone?

2) Assault Command Drone. Upon activation, has a lifespan of 4 hours and grants the owning team 10 base slots in that galaxy. Upon the end of this drone, if there are more bases than the galaxy can support, the newest ones are destroyed until the limit is reached.

So the idea here is you are basically calling out another team to fight you in 24 hours when you deploy one of these drones. You can either do the suppression drone to get some PvP and PvB action going, or do the command drone to get some BvB action going even if the galaxies slots are full. Since it takes 24 hours to activate, you can obviously only do this about once per 24 hours.[/quote]

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:42 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3162
Class: Shield Monkey

JeffL wrote:
I'm pretty sure that anything we try to do along the lines of "the owners can have X slots, and other people/their enemies can have Y slots" won't work, because people will just make alts or fake enemies and fill up all the slots anyway.

I didn't read all the other posts, just yours jeff, <3...

I think that one is the best solution, but make it Y slots for any/all teams. So there's 3 teams, A, B and C...

A, attacks B's galaxy, who has slots maxed. A uses their 'attacker' slots(IE: 5).

Team C can also lay another 5 bases in the same galaxy.

Make it +Y slots for every team?

Time Warp

~Oscar Wilde

andezrhode2a wrote:
Timmeh is the exception to every rule.
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:13 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2429
Class: Berserker

Regardless of what happens, suggestion #2 should be implemented, as you say.

Having a system similar to the current temporary drones where you get a fixed amount of slots regardless of the tech of the item would reward people willing to invest in higher tech bases instead of forcing people to use t9 EE bases to get the most out of a characters slots.

As for the suggestions for changing BvB, #3 sounds quite interesting, as the defenders could make better use of their galaxy too, but would be more open to attack.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:08 am

Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

How about adopting a different approach to taking over a galaxy?

You could make it into a sort of "King of the Hill" type thing. It's a lot more coding, obviously, but it makes use of the "Assault" kit idea and it takes hard-caps off.

Essentially only two teams will be allowed to fight in a galaxy at any given time. Much like declaring war, a team will declare to dispute the ownership of a galaxy. There is a 5 minute warning to both teams, this will give both the defending and attacking teams time to prepare. Once the 5 minutes is up, only the attacking and defending teams will be able to enter the galaxy.

When the battle starts, the attacking team will be allowed to warp through "assault" kits. They'll have to drag them over, or towards, the warp and press a hotkey to warp it through. There should also be a hotkey that allows the "assault" kit to attach to a planet. Once attached, though, it can't be unattached.

To win, the attacking team must take possession of certain parts of the galaxy. Starting with the warp holes, and then going onto planets. An ownership percentage bar would help teams know how much of the galaxy they control.

There should also be a time limit. If the percentage doesn't move for an hour, the battle is over. After 24 hours, the battle should be ended automatically.

The attacking team can only send in as many bases that are currently in the galaxy.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:38 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Paximaximus
Level: 2572
Class: Engineer

So many letters...
Me...Is....Not....In...SCHOOL ATM.
/signed on Sods post though, 100%.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:31 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Earthforce Commander
Level: 964
Class: Fleet Commander

gary1992 wrote:

Your idea is flawed because team B can place their bases on the other side of the gal, 20k away, thus being out of range of team A :P

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:22 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Mail wrote:
JeffL wrote:
I'm pretty sure that anything we try to do along the lines of "the owners can have X slots, and other people/their enemies can have Y slots" won't work, because people will just make alts or fake enemies and fill up all the slots anyway.

I didn't read all the other posts, just yours jeff, <3...

I think that one is the best solution, but make it Y slots for any/all teams. So there's 3 teams, A, B and C...

A, attacks B's galaxy, who has slots maxed. A uses their 'attacker' slots(IE: 5).

Team C can also lay another 5 bases in the same galaxy.

Make it +Y slots for every team?

Time Warp

This doesn't work so well because several teams can collude to fill a galaxy with tons of bases that are all de facto on the same team. The only way to stop this from happening is to auto-aggro "attacking" bases, but that doesn't work either since each team can place bases out of range of the other teams' bases.

Sodomy brings up a good point that the assault drone system removes some of the element of surprise, and it would absolutely be a good strategy to place decoy assault drones in order to throw your enemies into a panic. This is why there have to be defensive drones as well, which would presumably give the defenders some bonuses (though not exactly counteracting the assault drone effect, since that would mess up the whole system). The result is a war scenario with more posturing than the current system (which is good or bad depending on your perspective), but at least it would solve the current PvB and BvB problems.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next