It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:37 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Some proposed beefs to Snipers
JeffL wrote:
I don't want to scale from 50-150. I am willing to change it to 0-200 from 0-100, though. One thing I really don't want to encourage is sniper kiting.

What are you going to kite at 50 speed other than a bulk?
But its your game you can do what you want with it, it is just my opinion that having to sit perfectly still to do your max damage is the most unattractive feature of the class.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:09 am

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

JeffL wrote:
I think asking for more radar in some way seems reasonable on several fronts. First, it makes sense for sniper, second, there's the whole long range thing, and third it's a nice anti-recon class touch. What about a long range ethereal laser that puts flares on the target? Spotter beam?

I think giving Sniper +20% physical damage increases their total damage by a decent amount and it also increases their DPE. For me, one of the distinguishing aspects of sniper is they are supposed to have the highest DPE of any class, so really "one shot one kill" sounds nice, but that's not really the point of snipers. They are more about continuous long range punishment and stand off where other classes probably should be more bursty.

That sounds fairly good. The only other issues I can think of is the lack of proper "Sniper" ships, and the lack of decent weaponry. I would really like to see some long range beam weapons with terrible DPE and DPS, but very high damage per hit. Think along the lines of a V2 rocket but in a beam. This would be sniper only of course.. However if you insist upon Snipers dealing their DPS primarily through projectile weaponry, then you need to create some very high velocity, high damage per hit weapons for them to use. Beserkers already get much better DPE than Snipers ever can, much higher DPS... I think you really need to focus on very very high damage per hit to make the class actually stand out.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:15 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

i have to agree, 0 speed is a pain in the ass... i like 50-100 or 50-150. we dont want kiting but under 50 is more than reasonable. there isnt a ship out there that is T20 that goes under 50 except for the assault behe. which goes what...52 on my FC. :P

you have no idea HOW annoying it is to have to be perfectly still, and its not possible with physical weapons since they have a knockback, one shot and you fucked your dps over, two shots and its even more pathetic, pretty soon its useless. minimum of 50 speed i think is fine...almost all ai later on go more than 50 speed.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:30 am

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806
Class: Seer

Imo, the damage scale should be static and the range get nerfed based on speed. A sniper can still blow your head off if hes moving, he just cant do it from 1k yards.

Make it so when your doing 200 or so the range on even the best sniper weapons is like 100, when you stop or start slowing down it increase to whatever your setup allows.

Thats just the 2 cents from someone never been sniper before.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:25 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Mikkel
Level: 1609

villiroth wrote:
Imo, the damage scale should be static and the range get nerfed based on speed. A sniper can still blow your head off if hes moving, he just cant do it from 1k yards.

Make it so when your doing 200 or so the range on even the best sniper weapons is like 100, when you stop or start slowing down it increase to whatever your setup allows.

Thats just the 2 cents from someone never been sniper before.

wut? lrn2sniper...

and goldie u know that it is alot easier with phys weps now that we have the space brake rite?

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:15 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Death by Wingsheep
Main: Nabaco's Fort
Level: 20

Pushback is affected by weight, range, speed, and maybe damage

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:33 am
Profile WWW

Main: Comandor_J
Level: 2331

lol I think some of you guys just fail, Sniper as it is can kill any ai in a dg or in UZ, though green cap ships take too long to kill off in bulk.

Snipers do not need any radar bonus in sniper stats, some flare long range beam weapon would be cool, acceleration bonus to projectile weapons would be cool for pvp, yes if you thrust forward and fire somthing it well have tones of range, o but wait! make acceleration bullet speed dependent on going slow speed or almost no speed.

Snipers should have most tracking of all combat classes, nerf SD tracking or jack up Sniper tracking, im leaning on the nerf SD tracking, cant remember last time I had to think of aiming on attack run with SD.

No need for drones pest drones tossed out work fine to lure stupid ai, MF Reavers are fine to see, hell a friend of mine was lvling up his girlfriends sniper from lvl 700 to 1.2k off MF reavers in a Juju and could have gone to lvl 2k ish in a week or two.

Bana engine is fine when you have bar skills up. The elect taxation is fine as it is. Greatest problem is making sniper fun for pvp, its fine killing ai, though it kills them slow unless the ai are soft, like MF reavers or Platies, UZ ai take time unless you pull out the V2* or emp ray.

Sniper could use more damage and speed of its shots for pvp, other then that Sniper is fine, yes more sniper only content is needed, make it large so we cant put it on LF ships. ooo a stealthy large energy bank thats sniper only, ya... make somthing like that tech 10 one tech 15 and a 20.

O and give jux's more base range, and like 0.001 tracking. (just a hair)

As sniper is currently, you spend to much and get too little out of it. But then again same could be said for seer, but hey at least they can counter a sniper :wink:

Last edited by Comandor_J on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:40 am

Main: Jagur4
Level: 1459
Class: Speed Demon

Comandor_J wrote:
lol I think some of you guys just fail, Sniper as it is can kill any ai in a dg or in UZ, though green cap ships take too long to kill off in bulk.

Snipers do not need any radar bonus in sniper stats, some flare long range beam weapon would be cool, acceleration bonus to projectile weapons would be cool for pvp, yes if you thrust forward and fire somthing it well have tones of range, o but wait! make acceleration bullet speed dependent on going slow speed or almost no speed.

No need for drones pest drones tossed out work fine to lure stupid ai, MF Reavers are fine to see, hell a friend of mine was lvling up his girlfriends sniper from lvl 700 to 1.2k off MF reavers in a Juju and could have gone to lvl 2k ish if time was spent.

Bana engine is fine when you have bar skills up. The elect taxation is fine as it is. Greatest problem is making sniper fun for pvp, its fine killing ai, though it kills them slow unless the ai are soft, like MF reavers or Platies, UZ ai take time unless you pull out the V2* or emp ray.

Sniper could use more damage and speed of its shots for pvp, other then that Sniper is fine, yes more sniper only content is needed, make it large so we cant put it on LF ships. ooo a stealthy large energy bank thats sniper only, ya... make somthing like that tech 10 one tech 15 and a 20.

O and give jux's more base range, and like 0.001 tracking. (just a hair)

As sniper is currently, you spend to much and get too little out of it. But then again same could be said for seer, but hey at least they can counter a sniper :wink:

and what about mid-level players who don't have a rich alt to buy a juju or max out bar skills? Yeah, at endgame with enough money for an ideal setup sniper is somewhat decent, but what about everyone else?

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:25 pm

Main: Diabolus
Level: 1941

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
Jagur4 wrote:
and what about mid-level players who don't have a rich alt to buy a juju or max out bar skills? Yeah, at endgame with enough money for an ideal setup sniper is somewhat decent, but what about everyone else?

The same thing applies to Seer.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:28 pm

Commandor J the whole point of this thread is that sniper is underpowered compared to other skill classes. Of course you can kill ais with the class if you could not it would be a total fail. BUT compare it to OTHER classes and you see that sniper sucks majorly. It dont matter if you can kill a few dozen MF reavers as a sniper when you kill them by the hundreds as an MF or SD and twice as fast.

Sniper needs a boost to be more usefull in pvp and pve, its supposed to be a combat class atm it's a joke.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020

Belliaum wrote:
Commandor J the whole point of this thread is that sniper is underpowered compared to other skill classes. Of course you can kill ais with the class if you could not it would be a total fail. BUT compare it to OTHER classes and you see that sniper sucks majorly. It dont matter if you can kill a few dozen MF reavers as a sniper when you kill them by the hundreds as an MF or SD and twice as fast.

Sniper needs a boost to be more usefull in pvp and pve, its supposed to be a combat class atm it's a joke.

you can kill any regular ais with enough time sure. but as it is now you have to whittle away your enemy and i have seen your stealthy juju setup..its much the same as my old one. but it is still underpowered compared with many classes and takes a LOT longer to clear a DG than with any other class with the possible exception of seer.

try to fight with it in a serious pvp match outside of arena and ill betcha you will get reamed. its not a class for taking punishment at all.

and i certainly never make enough money to max bar skills, i am always looking to the next setup or working on an alt. since those are skills meant primarily for people with extra SP and credits to blow i dont see how it applies to the general topic of sniper. they are NICE, but i hardly think its fair to base sniper's strength off em or expect people to buy them to compete.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:20 pm

Main: Demiser of D

Heh, yeah, on my sniper alt i'm to the point of trying to get seal skills just to squeeze a bit more damage out of the class...

Something jeff needs to remember is that SD has an extra aug slot allmost universally. So, theoretically, Sniper should have the advantages of an extra aug slot over the SD class.

As it is right now, Sniper gets about a 270% damage per sec boost with maximum skills, compared to 480% damage per sec boost for SD. However, Sniper uses 1.6x more energy, compared to SD's 2.1x more energy for its damage. But, if you should throw a golden aug with AT25 onto your panther, you will get better DPE than a sniper, AND you will still have an additional 210% DPS over sniper.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:36 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102

Demiser of D wrote:
Heh, yeah, on my sniper alt i'm to the point of trying to get seal skills just to squeeze a bit more damage out of the class...

Something jeff needs to remember is that SD has an extra aug slot allmost universally. So, theoretically, Sniper should have the advantages of an extra aug slot over the SD class.

As it is right now, Sniper gets about a 270% damage per sec boost with maximum skills, compared to 480% damage per sec boost for SD. However, Sniper uses 1.6x more energy, compared to SD's 2.1x more energy for its damage. But, if you should throw a golden aug with AT25 onto your panther, you will get better DPE than a sniper, AND you will still have an additional 210% DPS over sniper.

But any bonus's that accumilate to that extra aug slots should be HF only, or non-LF.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:31 am
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

3 Aug Slot Capital Ship.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:20 pm

Main: Demiser of D

Ja, that is true. Or at least the LF's should not get the full bonus.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:21 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next