It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:02 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Team: none
Main: Denux
Level: 4
Class: None

Post Re: New PvP Proposals
I'd also like to put forth an idea of how one could exploit this system. If you're in a multiple team alliance or have some friends off-team, you can then use systematic killings to manipulate your glory within quite a large range. This gives alliances even more power when they really need to be discouraged.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Earth Defense Force
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 216
Class: Speed Demon

Denux wrote:
I'd also like to put forth an idea of how one could exploit this system. If you're in a multiple team alliance or have some friends off-team, you can then use systematic killings to manipulate your glory within quite a large range. This gives alliances even more power when they really need to be discouraged.

Oh yea, you could all have a glory boosting party or something. You can even lower it if needed. All the more reason i say no.

http://www.youdata.com/join/spartan2529

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:43 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: AssRaider
Level: 3307

this is gay u taking PvP out of this game. why dont yall just remove PvP all together then.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620

All those glory rules made my head spin a little bit. I hope that bases and permanent drones will be completely excluded from the glory system though. If I accidentally AP through somebody's galaxy in my scout ship, and his base kills me, he shouldn't get glory for that. Likewise, if I bring a big squad and kill his base while he's offline, I shouldn't get glory for that either.

There are already tons of exploits used all the time based on the current pvp range system. I won't list them because everybody knows what they are anyway. I'm afraid that this new glory thing will open up even more new exploits. Though I'm on a team that actively fights the pirates in the game, I'd rather see a more wide-open set of pvp rules. Especially when war is declared. There should be absolutely no pvp limits during a war. scouting an enemy galaxy in a low level scout ship is lame, as are all the other little pvp range exploits.

I'd rather see a reworking of the infamy system where if you are the aggressor against someone significantly lower level than you, and not in a war, you gain infamy. Too much infamy and the cops start shooting you on sight. Way too much infamy, and the cops put a bounty on you and player bases will shoot you for the bounty with no negative aggro consequences for the owner. I'm talking about a lot of infamy there though. Go pod 10 or 15 noobs a day for a couple weeks, and maybe you get that kind of infamy. That would stop griefing of lower levels, and leave pvp availble without exploitable restrictions for players of similar levels.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Trumpet Girl
Level: 2079

I know I'm really not one to talk because I'm traditionally very anti-pvp, but I do want to say a few things.

I'm not sure I'm for the all or nothing system - I've had some friendly pvp with some engineers/ FCs who's gear doesn't work quite right in colliseum. GG returned, rules set down. I find this enjoyable.

That in order to engage in friendly pvp,I will be forced to deal with pirates kind of sucks.

In general it's not so much the fighting even that bugs the hell out of me. It's certain people who insist on only attacking me in a singularity sphere or Dark Freighter or only when I'm on a low level alt. And then shit talking about how amazing they are cause they just killed my low lvl shm in his DF.

One suggestion I'd have - if you're in a ship with no weapons (SS anyone???), make pvp impossible. Obviously you're not out there to fight. (edit - I take that back...SS used for dropping offensive bases should def be pvpable - but still I HATE people attacking my DF)

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Zephyr
Main: Murcurian-Icor
Level: 681
Class: Seer

I wasnt gonna post on this but I have to say, this crapola about limiting PvP too much gets on my nerves. I'm an original Star Sonata player recently returned from the SS dark ages and i'm shocked to see all these rules, regulations, and restrictions.

Star Sonata didn't used to coddle players or set lvl limits on thier creativity, these lessions learned from a totally open PvP/No gear glue/Death Debt lvl loss/No slave stasis/No base repair Star sonata have taught me to build things right (ships,bases,slaves). There is too much money floating around now days & guys become uber too fast from building cheap stuff and *BOOM* now i spend creds cause i'm uber. People should have things to loose ect... pirates are 1 aspect of this game..build better ships/dones/slaves/bases, kill them or run...simple.

Either you like Star Sonata or you don't. sure things happen to make you upset but you return. It's a way cheaper than alternative games with a whole lot less content. As always admin do what they want...I still remain a loyal SS player. Revamp but don't kill PVP please.

Submitted: SS Beta tester-2010.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Main: AssRaider
Level: 3307

so tell me this how are we going to stop a team on a uni rush if we cant kill freely. to prevent them from gain more resources, cuz we are limited to how many we kill.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Main: Dharkone (Drone)
Level: 1167
Class: Shield Monkey

personally i think this idea has great merit. and it will not kill pvp simply limit the range of people you can kill, i mean its not gonna stop you from kill joe 20 times if you want only you will only recieve one glory for killing joe as i see it? If it does indeed work this way i believe it will aid those that are not "Uber" as some see themselves, it will simply keep you from killing the weaker people and looting thier gear allowing them to get stronger and lv and be able to fight you as an equal sooner instead of loseinf billions in gear and gg a day to people who have no need for this money as some has stated they have thier gear they are end game setup and have no need for the cash this will allow lower lv people to pvp against themselves and gaining gear and funds from their own station of players in stead of simply being raped daily by the strong ones. I think this is well thought out, im sure there will be bugs and exploits but they will be found and corrected in time as with any new system.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:05 am

Main: Jagur4
Level: 1459

1, 2, and 4 all seem great. 3, I'm iffy, but if 1 goes in, then I guess it's fine. 5 seems a bit pointless, but no harm in it I guess; it should stop some whining if nothing else.

6, I just want to clarify before I comment.

You can attack anyone within your glory range (and PVP range), based on war conditions.
Killing someone gives +1 glory, being killed gives -1 glory.
You only gain glory for the first kill of a particular player.
Being in a galaxy with your bases, regardless of galaxy ownership, negates glory restrictions.
There is no theoretical limit on how high or low you glory can become.

Lastly, will this system completely replace the levelling/skill glory that exists now?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:26 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

This system would be a excellent way to both allow pvp and to protect those who dont want pvp.

I dont expect everyone to like it, especially not iWiN, but it's without a doubt for the long term best of SS.
Basicly the only ones who will be restricted by this is pure pvp teams like iWiN, they will eventually end up with too high glory to attack certain players. Those who fight back and pvp themselfs will however stay in glory range.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:05 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230
Class: Berserker

I like 1, 3,4 and 5.

I dont see the point of restricting the amounts of war you can declare. Wars cost money to maintain, and well sometimes you'd like to have alot of wars going. This will likely only get worse as SS expands and more team forms.

I think the glory system becomes way to complicated when it comes to figuring out when/who you can pvp. I would also really dislike being in a situation where I might be ganked by someone, and my teammates cannot help me because they are out of glory range of the attacker.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:24 am

Main: NightOps
Level: 578
Class: Engineer

mejunkie wrote:
I like 1, 3,4 and 5.

I dont see the point of restricting the amounts of war you can declare. Wars cost money to maintain, and well sometimes you'd like to have alot of wars going. This will likely only get worse as SS expands and more team forms.

I think the glory system becomes way to complicated when it comes to figuring out when/who you can pvp. I would also really dislike being in a situation where I might be ganked by someone, and my teammates cannot help me because they are out of glory range of the attacker.

Maybe wet it up so if a teamie was killed another team member could assist?

Fallen- wrote:
CAN SOME ON WITH A FUCKING BRAIN POST HERE ASIDE FROM MY SELF ?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:34 am
Profile E-mail
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Quote:
I dont see the point of restricting the amounts of war you can declare

If you can declare war on all other teams the whole war declaration system becomes pointless.

Quote:
I think the glory system becomes way to complicated when it comes to figuring out when/who you can pvp.

Hopefully the glory level will be displayed on each char so if you only know your own glory level it should be fairly easy to figure out.

Quote:
I would also really dislike being in a situation where I might be ganked by someone, and my teammates cannot help me because they are out of glory range of the attacker

That will probably be extremely rare and war can be set to increase the glory range.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:48 am

Team: Zephyr
Main: Murcurian-Icor
Level: 681
Class: Seer

Thanks Voomeh...Jeff Posted, people posted back..then it got kinda messy & confusing..your secondary comments kinda cleaned it up & clarified some things.

As usual tho it's not gonna satisfy all & yes..someone will find a way to exploit...it's the nature of the beast...i just hope it's truly "balanced" & not a "oh shit! duck the nerf stick" that some times happens when admin "balance" things.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:54 am

Team: Psionic Corps
Main: The Crazy Game Maste
Level: 1031
Class: Engineer

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
HAH Take that iFail!

oh and to acidflame: I TOLD YOU SO :P

JeffL wrote:
Maybe you guys are right. We can leave things how they are for now and get more feedback later.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:46 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next