It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Radia
Level: 1101
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: May 27th, 2009 - Dev update 15
ellinium wrote:
i like the limit to 6 slaves idea better. limiting tech wont stop people from using slave swarms imo
QFT
Trouser23 wrote:
*suggestion for actual fix. Give the bonuses to slaves a law of diminishing returns. So that if you have a low number of combat slaves they receive full bonuses, but as you increase the number of slaves each slave will receive less of a bonus. So just for kicks say 4 slaves get +50% damage each where 18 slaves only get +25% damage each. It still makes swarms a viable option but gets rid of the brokeness.
Again, better than limiting tech.

No Context. Ever.
Idaten.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763
Class: Shield Monkey

Well.. can't say that quite changed the way I was hoping it would regarding the slave swarms. It's not going to alter the usage nor balance significantly.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:16 pm
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002
Class: Berserker

Trouser23 wrote:
i guess the billions spent on the gear dont count...

Because you totally can't take the billions in gear off your low tech slave and either sell it or put it on a higher tech slave. Nope, no way you can ever do that.

Quote:
Speed demons and zerkers use end game gear so now FCs that don't want 2 or 4 slaves are going to be limited to noob gear?

The 10 tech levels is really a wide range. Again I don't think it is necessarily the best solution but it is the consensus that was reached by the people at the meeting. This solution was picked because it would have the least impact on the average FC, and we didn't want to knee jerk nerf them into the ground.

Quote:
*suggestion for actual fix. Give the bonuses to slaves a law of diminishing returns. So that if you have a low number of combat slaves they receive full bonuses, but as you increase the number of slaves each slave will receive less of a bonus. So just for kicks say 4 slaves get +50% damage each where 18 slaves only get +25% damage each. It still makes swarms a viable option but gets rid of the brokeness.

This is (or is very similar to) one of the suggestions that was considered as a solution to the problem. I am all for encouraging additional ideas to be posted, but we have already considered a lot of options and apparently limiting tech level of gear that can be equipped to a ship is the one that was decided on.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 pm

If there's just going to be changes like this made without any chance for the community to come up with a possible fix then you might as well just remove the suggestions forum altogether.

Post the issues and see what the community can come up with instead of just popping it up in here that this is the way its going to be and its the only option that "we" the "Dev team" could come up with.

Not a bash but it's how a lot of the players in this community feel.

Wed May 27, 2009 9:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: pantalones
Main: x0xhellx0x
Level: 2624

whats the description of fleet comander again? something about being able to control a massive fleet or something? 4 or 6 ships isnt a massive fleet..im just sayin...people only complain about stuff like this because they didnt do it first...the tech thing tho is a good idea limiting swarms isnt

I WOULD RATHER DIE FIGHTING THEN LIVE LIFE ON MY KNEES...

DRINK FIGHT FUCK

Wed May 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Team: None
Main: Gaffa
Level: 2792

Im sorry but i made a FC alt hes lvl 120 ish okay. He is killing paxs, izers, MF basils, parsleys. All before i can get close to the ships may i add and all he has is 13 volcom+ all with tech 4 ish ai base gear from FM. Now i know oooh im buying in FM its so much more expensive and better. Bullshit. Its a pile of wank. However it is pretty good when you consider its tech and then you multiply it by lets say 16 slaves all firing the same wep. In my case this is a medium laser+ primarily. But just to do random figures say i have a wep of 100 dps on each slave and i have 16 slaves thats 1600 dps without any skills or w/e added in. That in my opinion is a pathetic fix.

Wait no its not a fix its a joke. Well done im actually fucking crying at how lame that is. I cant wait to tackle BGs etc when i get to lvl 200. I dont think i would even need higher than lvl 10 in any skills so why make such a retarded limit. DO something that will fix this issue and nerf the amount you can have. My fucking alt kills faster than my SD does with a medium laser and hes in a fucking panther with imp skills bar skills aug tweak everything. Im sorry its just fucking stupid and it embarasses me that you are naive enough to consider this a fix.

Wed May 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112

Honestly the only people this will hurt are the really high lvl players who are using t20 and 16 weapons on there zebus, but it is still 'broken' on low lvls because you can use that same swarm with the same augs and the now almost the same gear as your higher leveled FCs.

You need to nerf the bonuses to the slaves on a scale if you want to nerf the swarms at lower lvls.

Hurts high lvls trying to max out their trading slaves, might fix some of the brokeness.

Doesn't do anything for low levels, they can still lvl just as fast with just as much damage as before.

Wed May 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806
Class: Seer

I like it, it keeps mid tech slaves still highly viable while making low tech slaves like helgas and volcoms almost useless.

I would like to see this only implemented on combat slaves though, no need to nerf trading slaves.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Wed May 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

I'm sorry, but it appear Administrators have exactly zero idea what they are doing. I'm in favor of balancing out FC slave swarms infact, but instead of talking to me, or the only other highend FC (deadbeat), they choose to say they are nerfing low end FCs by limiting them. God you guys can be morons sometimes.

And no, Jey is not a FC, hes a battlesphere, not the same thing.

Wed May 27, 2009 11:26 pm

Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763

I think talking to deadbeat and Sodomy would have been a good start for the administrative team because as the ones breaking the class the most, they probably have the highest level of knowledge behind what mechanics are broken in particular and need balancing.

Wed May 27, 2009 11:37 pm
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

I actually highly doubt that Sodomy or deadbeat could bring up a good suggestion that we havent already considered.

Why this particular change was selected I honestly have no idea cause I wasnt at the meeting and it seems like HAL wasnt either.

We had other ideas which I feel would have been better.

Thu May 28, 2009 12:33 am

Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833
Class: Engineer

The Voomy One wrote:
I honestly have no idea cause I wasnt at the meeting and it seems like HAL wasnt either.

I'd really like to see the devs go over this again if possible, then. If this fix goes in and it doesn't work then that means wasted time and player annoyance. It also means that a core aspect of the game would be changed once again, potentially resulting in further balance issues due to content or gameplay mechanics added in the future.

Any possibility that the admins could do an extended discussion on deciding the final verdict rather than just a usual meeting?

Thu May 28, 2009 1:29 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 2387
Class: Berserker

Would not the better idea be that the limit only applies to Combat Slaves and not Player or Trade Slaves?Because is that not the point of the fix? to stop fc's spamming uber combat slaves?

Thu May 28, 2009 2:48 am

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

The Voomy One wrote:
I actually highly doubt that Sodomy or deadbeat could bring up a good suggestion that we havent already considered.

Why this particular change was selected I honestly have no idea cause I wasnt at the meeting and it seems like HAL wasnt either.

And I highly doubt anybody present at the meeting has any idea whatsoever what is actually going on in this game, due to the change being proposed now.

*sigh*

Whatever, do what you will. I'll stand aside and not be nerfed whatsoever, while you guys just screw up everyones trading slaves ingame, and make this game even less open world, and more restricted.

Thu May 28, 2009 3:05 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

This solution is not something that all of us agree with, I for one have already posted about it on the admin forum and asked for another solution to be chosen because I dont feel that this will fix much at all.

Thu May 28, 2009 3:17 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next