It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:24 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: March 9th 2009 - Dev Update 6
kunta wrote:
you guys need to beef items based on cost to make and commods to make as well
check all the bps and change stats of each, because they aren't looking worth it

Items have a column for cost and rareness that affect the stats.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:51 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647
Class: Speed Demon

what about rareness of the commods to make them?

look at the stats of rackhams bigger pulse, compare constract things to get with say a Ur Pulse T7

Also look at mercurian bulwark, compare constrast with PoT's things to get

Mercurian Emission doesn't even deal damage anymore (laser); test it for yourself

i was thinking about building some uber rad weps (neutron emitter), but hey my 5b+ may go to shit.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:55 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Construction difficulty is also factored in, though sometimes jeff doesn't know exactly how hard things are to build, so it may be that some of those aren't set exactly right. I know the rackhams is getting a boost soon though.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Team: Aussie Invasion
Main: mike867
Level: 1876
Class: Engineer

As Trevor has said, i hope you will make sure that you test all the new mods before putting them into place with the New and Exciting Uni.
Also what is the % of nerf that the engineer class = Drome Master has there been, as i have changed my setup again, and still to no real benefit or anything
One thing i have notice myself, it that shields have taken big nerf, and the regen as well.
What i have seen that it can be only a few shots from a AI or player, and your really nice uber type shield is gone, and you end up in stasis.
Trying to find a repalcement shield to not get pwned as much is um not an easy task to find.
As some have made noted before in other posts, the size in some weps is just way over the top, then it makes it useless to use in any ship.
I look forward to see what is going to happen for this and everything else other players have asked upon. Hopefully it will be changed so that all will be able to enjoy he game without being hindered in some way, shape, or form. Good Job so far to the Dev team and the others.
Regards,

Mike.

FREE SERONY'S[/b]

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:30 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: None
Main: BlackDragon

With that new OL on the DS, how exactly is the panther any better than DS?

~BD

Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:08 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

The thing i like most about the re-balance is that all the would-be droners have pretty much bailed. Now DM is a class for those who have cash and are hardcore ;) which i'm fine with.
Not only can my drones tank every non uber ai at this point, they have sustained DPS. That's without drone controllers, mind you. It just takes a little ingenuity on the players part, and anything can be made workable, or in my case, more useful than before.

Now that i shut all the whiny DM's up, great job Admins on getting your stuff together :) The map thing definitely looks awesome. Best idea you've ever had actually, save drone ops augs and extractor limits.

A word on the new Pax Charge Panel... are you saying you are getting rid of the inbuilt OL altogether, or will this new panel take up the OL slot, and just be useful ;) will it take up a panel slot, all of the panel slots etc. etc. and.... will the Pax+ Panel be the same as the regular pax? Thanks for your time and dedication :)

I've tried my hardest to support you guys in your decisions, and it seems to have paid off. Everyone is working over-time trying to get thinks hammered out. Even if "99%( Danger's asinine percentage)" of the player base doesn't like what you're doing, there's always that 1% that sticks by you and supports your decisions. Usually :)

Again, thanks for all the hard work y'all have been doing, extra hours put in, etc. Keep it up.

Biggee

Edit: Don't judge me for excessive smileys. Or i'll pod you ;)

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:01 am
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin / Dev Team

biggee531 wrote:
A word on the new Pax Charge Panel... are you saying you are getting rid of the inbuilt OL altogether, or will this new panel take up the OL slot, and just be useful ;) will it take up a panel slot, all of the panel slots etc. etc. and.... will the Pax+ Panel be the same as the regular pax? Thanks for your time and dedication :)

I believe it will take up the overloader spot, and maybe 1 solar panel spot. The idea is that since you have it, you will not need an elec aug as much so you can use the aug slot for something else. Will make the pax more unique too.

I'll let others confirm that though.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:09 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163

pip8786 wrote:
I believe it will take up the overloader spot, and maybe 1 solar panel spot. The idea is that since you have it, you will not need an elec aug as much so you can use the aug slot for something else. Will make the pax more unique too.

I'll let others confirm that though.

I'm fine with that, cool thanks ;)

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:17 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 1504
Class: Fleet Commander

I don't know if this has been mentioned, ( I couldn't find anything about it anywhere. ) but damage augs don't seem to be dropping. I haven't gotten any in ~4 hours of lvling my FC alt, and a few other people have mentioned it to me. Not sure if this was intended because they are needed for drone controllers, but I think it needs to be looked at.

EDIT: I've also taken to notice that when you kill an AI directly under or near you, you (and your slaves) don't get the negative radar bonus that usually accompanies doing that.

Last edited by Yoko_Kurama on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:26 am
Profile YIM

Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 3306

70% damage on the silent death will make DSes better than panthers I bet with the right aug combo...

Also, Overloaders are crazy big right now. 50-605 size on some of them is a little over the top. I would hope they could be scaled back to be 30-40 size max. I understand there is a new push to use breakable ones, but those of us who dont want to shouldn't be forced due to size constraints.

-ERMAN

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:30 am
Profile WWW

Main: BlackDragon

I agree with ERMAN.

I see all these huge bonuses for Vulture and DS, but what about panther? Supposedly the epitome of a LF, now its just a tad better, if at all?

I think the DS OL change is a BAD choice with no reasoning behind it.

Can you give the panther 50% in built damage to maybe compete now?

~BD

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:59 am

Team: pantalones
Main: Limpa
Level: 3143

if you put a OS6 on panther, and it'll do more dps than DS with same augs...
not a solution ofc... its a piss to power so much elec drain
but yarr, panther deserves some beef too

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:08 am

Main: Ivelios
Level: 2907
Class: Berserker

biggee531 wrote:
The thing i like most about the re-balance is that all the would-be droners have pretty much bailed. Now DM is a class for those who have cash and are hardcore ;)

QFT

DM powah!

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

English Romantic poet John Keats.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:56 am

Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

My understanding of your sheild rebalancing.

Sheilds
Bank will be dependant on size
Regen will be dependant on rarity

Giga GnT: The only rarer sheilds are the Primal UZ sheilds yet its regen got cut by well over half. The bank on the other hand was increased meaning that anyone who uses it is forced to spend ages regenning their sheilds.

Titan Sheild: Common as mud, has a fairly low regen so I will let you off on that. Size: 110. Bank 14000. That is 20% of the size of a Giga GnT but has only 4k less bank.
Estimated costs: 8bil, ~50mil. Yet for me the Titan Sheild is far better, especially because mine is bank modded and comes very close to rivalling the Giga GnT.

We want sheilds that regen. Please.

And my final point, that I know will be shot down but I have to say it anyway, more hull on my ickle dread? Please?

Oh yeah, AI seem to have far more sheilds than they used to, things I could kill in 2 shots take 6 now :(

Sorry, tried to not make this come off as a rant.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:23 am
Profile E-mail
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

urjuhh wrote:
if you put a OS6 on panther, and it'll do more dps than DS with same augs...
not a solution ofc... its a piss to power so much elec drain
but yarr, panther deserves some beef too

Panther is a bit low on hull, maybe I can increase that a bit.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:30 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next