It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 2:50 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Team: Resurgence
Main: Kitty
Level: 1540
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Some proposed beefs to Snipers
Phonon wrote:
My main is a level 700-ish sniper (and has always been sniper). I just noticed this thread last night and have a couple of suggestions for sniper-only items.

How about a sniper-only item that improves projectile speed by a significant percentage for a certain number of shots, after which your shots would revert to standard projectile speed? It would be like a permanent tweak item that has to be activated by the player (manually or by hotkey) to be used (rather than something like the panther ambush that is outside the player's control). There would be a cooldown period (not too long - maybe 15 or 30 seconds) before the item could be activated again to alleviate concern that this would be overpowered. If the cooldown period alone is not enough to alleviate overpowering concerns, make it so the item can only be used when you're still.

Several versions of these projectile speed enhancers could be available. The projectile speed bonus granted, amount of energy used, cooldown time, etc., could vary depending on the level/quality of the item. These could be sniper mission rewards, sold at sniper's armory in lyceum, ai drops, ruin extracts, etc.

Another idea would be a sniper-only witches broomstick-type item that is permanent (or at least has an extremely low failure rate).

- Brock Grocklyn

/signed 100%. very well thought out imo

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 pm
Profile E-mail

Snipers, in my opinion, should have the highest DPH rates of any class in the entire game...surpassing even seers, except critical hits. I'm seriously against having the range buff removed from sniper class itself; kind of defeats the purpose.

I'd test the new changes, but Sharky conveniently warped me into perilous without a map to figure out my way back...thank you for that...

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:19 pm
Profile WWW

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

test is now reset back to current.

Also, Sniper kinda needs all the range it can get. Without the 100% boost, my sniper would only have about 1400 range with a zspitter, which is barely more than a platty, and that's while standing still...

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 pm

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Myth
Level: 1939

Demiser of D wrote:
test is now reset back to current.

Also, Sniper kinda needs all the range it can get. Without the 100% boost, my sniper would only have about 1400 range with a zspitter, which is barely more than a platty, and that's while standing still...

sniper isnt sniper without that 100% range boost if that get taking away the admins sould b band from using the nerf button!!

iv been thinking about sniper's using drones the only drones that a sniper could perhapps use would b disruptor drones

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Sniper needs low visibility drones with short range aura effects. That would be epic. Perhaps some long ranged drones, too, since right now nothing is possibly long ranged enough to match a sniper's range.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:36 am

Team: Death by Wingsheep
Main: Nabaco's Fort

At the moment, the only thing snipers can do with drones are use stealth Xs to block AI attacks

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:15 pm
Profile WWW

Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Myth
Level: 1939

iv been looking about in my weps can i cant find any decent sniper rad wep at all mybe sould add some in^^

unless som1 knows of a wep??

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 pm

the bule abadi befouler is half decent. Too bad it costs 10 bil and takes bule myth 20.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506

emp ray/gneut if you like to use it :)

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:24 am
Profile E-mail

Gneut's range is too sucky, unless you happen to have ZofR maxed...

Otherwise, emp ray is the way to go :P

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:50 am
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002
Class: Berserker

One idea I had was to make it so that if you are going too fast (namely faster than the original max speed of your ship), you are unable to cloak. Basically cloaks would be unable to function at high velocities, rendering speed demon stealth far less effective while not significantly impacting sniper or seer.

Edit: I may have posted this in the wrong thread

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 am

Just post it in both threads.

However, 1x the max speed and then OFF seems like a silly way to do it, as it would penalize, snipers and seers who, for example, got microwarpcaps, so they couldn't cloak while APing.

How about some sort of -cloaking scale? That scales from 1x to 2x the ships max speed. So, for example, at 101 speed on a 100 speed ship, you get 99% your cloaking power. 130, you get 70% your cloaking power, etc. At 200, the cloak deactivates.

Perhaps it would be better to scale from 1.3 to 2.3, though, to avoid penalization for getting skills that boost speed.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:56 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Demiser of D wrote:

However, 1x the max speed and then OFF seems like a silly way to do it, as it would penalize, snipers and seers who, for example, got microwarpcaps, so they couldn't cloak while APing.

How about some sort of -cloaking scale? That scales from 1x to 2x the ships max speed. So, for example, at 101 speed on a 100 speed ship, you get 99% your cloaking power. 130, you get 70% your cloaking power, etc. At 200, the cloak deactivates.

Perhaps it would be better to scale from 1.3 to 2.3, though, to avoid penalization for getting skills that boost speed.

The 1.3-2.3 sounds good to me.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Kangaroo_blob
Level: 3102
Class: Berserker

pip8786 wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:

The 1.3-2.3 sounds good to me.

I really like this idea.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

Demiser of D wrote:

Sounds reasonable, it prevents SDs cloaking

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next