It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:07 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799
Class: Berserker

Post Re: Some proposed beefs to Snipers
crackaman wrote:
I kill SD's pretty good.

You get lucky and occasionally find an SD thats not moving, plus you get radar benefits.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:22 am

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590
Class: Seer

LethalLoki wrote:
crackaman wrote:
I kill SD's pretty good.

You get lucky and occasionally find an SD thats not moving, plus you get radar benefits.

You have no idea what I do and until you do, you should shut the fuck up. Mmkay?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:39 am

Team: Resurgence
Main: Kitty
Level: 1540
Class: Speed Demon

Yes Voomy the SD's usually don't find the Sniper however most SD's always carry a gremming weapon and since the only effective way to play as a high end Sniper is to use a high vis engine that means game over when you're getting shot by an Unholy Laser or Grem Cannon.

Also i would test these new changes to Sniper but i am STILL unable to log onto test on Beelzebub because it says i am expired even though I'm not :/

Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:26 am
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

If you had said that it was too hard to do a projectile speed boost from the start, i wouldn't have been harping on it so much :|

I suppose we'll have to just test it out and see how it goes...

In the long term, i still think that a speed boost is the ideal solution, however.

Additionally, i resent calling what i have been doing "Whining". I have been presenting my views, and you, for quite some time, did not even tell me why they would not work. So, i kept suggesting them, hoping that you would get the hint on what most people want snipers to have(i've asked, its practically unanimous.)

If you had simply said that it was too much of a programming hurdle from the start, we could have progressed on to different things.

One thing that will annoy me about this is the fact that i went and spend some 40 bil on weapons that currently exist(bule abadi befouler, bule abadi blaster, bule myth 20, pulsius sharpshooter, seige cata, zspitter, and several others to boot), and now i will probably need to go out and buy new weapons because instead of making the old ones better(I know you are making them better, however,the new ones will probably be even better, for cheaper), you went out and made brand new weapons that i now must spend even MORE money on.

Note: This was my whining post. I'll try not to do it any more.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:21 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

What I cannot understand is why use physical as the damage medium. Physical weapons cause movement which degrades the snipers damage, or is that intentional.

How about a nice long range beam weapon like the Delquad or Drop.

A player should at least have access to the same weapons as AI of a similar level.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:57 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791
Class: Shield Monkey

crackaman wrote:
LethalLoki wrote:
crackaman wrote:
I kill SD's pretty good.

You have no idea what I do and until you do, you should shut the fuck up. Mmkay?

^_^ klessy, you must admit that a lot of your kills are from SDs making stupid decisions, Or being retarded. Or both.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Jagur4
Level: 1459
Class: Speed Demon

I'm probably crazy and sleep deprived for thinking this, but what are the general views on snipers being able to strafe?

If it was slow, perhaps, 20-ish max, and maybe wasn't affected by speed tweaks or augs, and didn't affect vis, but just allowed for a little bit of movement while maintaining stealth and made it easier to aim physical weapons, would this perhaps be a feasible addition?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:26 pm

Sorry for the harsh words (not talking to you kles, I was spot on there), the post started off as constructive criticism but I got frustrated as I continued thinking about it :P . It gets to the best of us who care about these changes.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Main: -defender-
Level: 2265
Class: Shield Monkey

SD's aren't the supreme PvP class, there are classes they can't kill like FC or Zerker or a good Gunner etc. The main thing you have to note is that SD is a nice class to fly due to speed bonus, hence many people including many skilled and good players who can PvP well are SD. Thats why you see more number of SDs everywhere and think that its the best class.

And don't always think in terms of class vs SD in PvP, there are also other classes..imagine a sniper vs say a slow class like zerker? or even a gunner dread? etc etc..

Also, I'm pretty sure unstealth sniper will work well..you don't always need to use your class bonuses if you can get better setups working to your type using other stuff..unstealthed sniper in a lion maybe or zebra.

Also to that guy who said that his some friend got 60k shields with PoT, I'm sure your friend's DPS wouldn't be too high..

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:18 am

I dont think SD is the supreme pvp class...sure it can be better, but its problem is that vs projectiles it can simply outrun everything that is shot at it.

I mean, i dont want them to get hit ALL the time, just a decent amount of the time, compared to maybe 1/10 or 1/100 like it is right now.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:24 am

Its not that they can kill any other class really, its that if they cant they can pretty much always get away... If you fight 12 times and only kill them 4 times but dont die any of the 12, then it just seems broken :P

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:40 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Well, we solicited ideas and discussed it for some time as to how to improve Snipers. We agreed and a set of changes and now we're implementing those changes. Let's give it some time before continuing to suggest changes or complaining about what we settled upon, m'kay? =)

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:18 am
Profile WWW

JeffL wrote:
Well, we solicited ideas and discussed it for some time as to how to improve Snipers. We agreed and a set of changes and now we're implementing those changes. Let's give it some time before continuing to suggest changes or complaining about what we settled upon, m'kay? =)

Agreed, Im anxious to see how things work out.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 am

But this topic was my favorite part of SS for the last few weeks :cry:

lol, w/e. Im glad we've isolated at least some of the issues.

/signing off, until next time.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:43 am

My main is a level 700-ish sniper (and has always been sniper). I just noticed this thread last night and have a couple of suggestions for sniper-only items.

How about a sniper-only item that improves projectile speed by a significant percentage for a certain number of shots, after which your shots would revert to standard projectile speed? It would be like a permanent tweak item that has to be activated by the player (manually or by hotkey) to be used (rather than something like the panther ambush that is outside the player's control). There would be a cooldown period (not too long - maybe 15 or 30 seconds) before the item could be activated again to alleviate concern that this would be overpowered. If the cooldown period alone is not enough to alleviate overpowering concerns, make it so the item can only be used when you're still.

Several versions of these projectile speed enhancers could be available. The projectile speed bonus granted, amount of energy used, cooldown time, etc., could vary depending on the level/quality of the item. These could be sniper mission rewards, sold at sniper's armory in lyceum, ai drops, ruin extracts, etc.

Another idea would be a sniper-only witches broomstick-type item that is permanent (or at least has an extremely low failure rate).

- Brock Grocklyn

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:17 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next