It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:35 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Post Re: Changes to Cloaks/visibility
I've uploaded some new stats to test. I've rebalanced the radars so now they're about 1/3 worse than before and also reduced the power of cloaks as well as their size and electric costs.

If anyone would like to come onto test using the test client from last week, I'm on there and would like to see people test it out.

Thanks.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm
Profile WWW

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806
Class: Seer

Id love to but this link:
JeffL wrote:

isnt working for me.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 am

Team: Traders
Main: k-2
Level: 2506
Class: Speed Demon

why is that cloaks nerf ?

adum is the best.

Samantha is second.

Calypso is third.

no wai!

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:11 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Abbara
Level: 1394

JeffL,

If I may make a suggestion...

I believe that Orleans made a good point in the misc post on killing stealth SD...

Perhaps make Seers and Snipers have a "Cloak Hold". The higher level we have of seer & sniper focus the larger the cloak we can fit in this hold.

Therefore, in order for other skills to utilise cloaks, they would have to sacrafice large amounts of space in order to utilise the higher end cloaks (which are bigger because they are better).

Also, the changes you are making to stealth would compliment this i think rather than each change being mutually exclusive.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 am

Team: Death by Wingsheep
Main: Nabaco's Fort
Level: 20
Class: None

I believe each focus skill has a defensive/support class and an offensive class...

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:44 am
Profile WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649
Class: Berserker

I'd appreciate if, at least in c2, the detectability stats was shown on the client somewhere. That would allow us math freaks to calculat how far away you could detect somthing at with a base for example.

Also please beef base radars... ada radar is only 5x as good as lion flair :/

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

There isn't really a "detectability" stat. There's just a reflectivity stat, which is shown in the stats of the hull and modified by radar augs. Whether you're detectable is then just based on the detection of the other persons radar and your reflectivity. None of the other things that modify visibility affect if you can be detected or not anymore.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:50 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Dark Traders
Main: .Blue
Level: 2649

JeffL wrote:
There isn't really a "detectability" stat. There's just a reflectivity stat, which is shown in the stats of the hull and modified by radar augs. Whether you're detectable is then just based on the detection of the other persons radar and your reflectivity. None of the other things that modify visibility affect if you can be detected or not anymore.

So how is the distance you can be detected at calculated? Reflecivity as a decimal * detection stat on radar = distance ?

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806

Do engines add reflectivity then? Or is there some coding that when your vis peaks to a certain point your automatically detectable?

Because Ive definitely seen UZ panthers blip on and off my radar presumably when they thrust.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:01 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Exactly. A person can detect you if the distance you are away is less than or equal to their radar detection times your reflectivity. Visibility from suns, firing, engines, etc only add vis and don't affect detection; however, a blip will show up on your radar if you can detect them *or* see them. That would explain why you see blips blink on and off on your radar.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 am
Profile WWW

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

comment towards passiv radar on test.

DS 4 vis inbuild
Xmas spirit 2 vis inbuild..

but the inbuild fix radar of the Xmas spirit has 10 vis! while all other inbuild once have only 5.
Since it ahs about 2x the detection it might work from the balace point of view but.
The beefed stats of the radar comared to normal passiv radars (on real server) was a main advantage of the ship .. the inbuild one was supposed to be superior.

so i sugget lower vis also to 5 or remove it at all. Either way consider its sticky and 12 starting vis is nothing you want to start with in terms of a "badass stealthy ment setup"

If you want to start a post about it would be broken to remove it fully go ahead my arguments against it would be inbuild stats not AT affected.. the inbuild stats make up for a good t20 aug thought agreed, especially the combination. (half a conclusion half a seer mastery aug if you ask me ;D(no dmg boost!)) and crappy resi. the inbuild stats barley make up for the 4th aug and other 4slot ships have inbuild stats too.. and decent auras ;D
anyways where was i .. o yes..
JeffL wrote:
None of the other things that modify visibility affect if you can be detected or not anymore.

ehm inbuild stats dont affect it ;( ?! ;D

plz make a updated list wich items affect what or link it here if its already posted elsewhere.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:10 am

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282

I have spent most of the day thinkin on the new changes to sniper and I am quite satisfied. My last concern is radar. Most snipers have to aug for radar to see anything decently augged at 2k+ range. Possibly add in 5% radar per lvl scaled with speed? This way a sniper only gets a good bonus when sitting still

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:57 am

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647
Class: Speed Demon

Asmodeaan wrote:
I have spent most of the day thinkin on the new changes to sniper and I am quite satisfied. My last concern is radar. Most snipers have to aug for radar to see anything decently augged at 2k+ range. Possibly add in 5% radar per lvl scaled with speed? This way a sniper only gets a good bonus when sitting still

with tweaking SIGNED! nice idea man very nice

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:22 pm
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

One thing that I think would be cool is some sniper scope item that you equip for sniper only that increases radar a lot directly in front of you, but reduces your overall radar.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:05 am

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Abbara
Level: 1394

Oi !!! That was my idea! Cheeky bugger trying to take the credit for it! :D

Quote:
I have suggested this before a while back when Sniper first came out...

I'm not sure of the code, but having a specific radar / item equipped to your ship that has standard stats for 350 degrees and a 500% boost for the 10 degree angle directly infront of your ship...

Therefore people can still sneak up on you and you have to effectively directionally scan a galaxy for your targets and remain manually locked on to them in order to shoot them... Thus, a fast turning engine, rather than thrusting engine is more prevalent.

So you could sit in a transit line between two gates, focus on one gate and "target paint" the enemy ship until it is within range and deliver a large blow before disappearing in to the ether before it can get in range of you.

These radars / items should be of varying tech levels and possibly invent a sniper specific ship with an in-built version of this in the T20 range to attract more diversity in the playerbase (everyone seems to be an SD in a Panther or a FC in a Dread is my first impression upon my return to StarSonata....

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next