It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 3:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3112
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Changes to Cloaks/visibility
as per the speed cap suggested by HAL, really not so good, because being cloaked there is still a minimum distance you must be from a person for them to not see you. Going fast tends to create that distance, otherwise they are very easy to find. As with SDs finding seers after they shoot. Its very easy because even though i may have to be right on top of them to see them its easy to get on top of them because they are slow comparatively.

There is still too much of a gap between what is stealth and not stealth and what can detect stealth and basically useless unless there is a red giant. Augs like Ath+ dont need 200% bonus to radar and some others should have a few lighter bonuses. Gear doesnt need 2k vis, and zero vis gear shouldn't be the only way to be stealthy, that is why powerful cloaks are good. They just happen to be too low tech too common and have no downsides like high elec usage.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

Apon further thought on the new code, i dont like it so much. Mostly because i STRONGLY disagree with arbitrary hard caps.

We need to think tank and come up with a solution that can solve this problem. Class vis also wont work...we need a good surefire solution, and one has not been suggested yet.

What i would say is skip the coding of cloaking scaling for now, but implement the rest, it's not too much of a problem to be dealt with.

Then, start a new "Think Tank" topic, where people can post what they think would work, and encourage them to come up with innovative new solutions, rather than just "give SD+1000 vis".

We need balance here, and removing the ability to cloak when moving at high speeds is like removing the ability to fire at high speeds, sure it fixes SD brokenness, but it's fixing it with a hammer to the head.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:52 am

Sorry for ymai'ing it. :lol:

What we need is an even more graduated visibility system than we even have now. See, before you either were VERY visible, or VERY invisible. Now, it is somewhat more graduated, but not enough! What im talking about is an overall and exponential increase in the visibility on items.

For example, having 100 visibility would make you very invisible, but would be really hard to get to. 10000 vis would be normal, and higher visibilities would make you extremely visible.

I cant really phrase it right...i'll draw a picture.

The top is roughly as it was before. Now, it is SLIGHTLY better, but not enough. The bottom one is roughly what it should be.

Any arguments?

Suggestion; the problem is that cloaks are too powerful, correct? Solution;

Nerf all cloaks by 25%.

In Seer and Sniper classes, +2% cloaking power per level.

Fixed!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:56 am

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647
Class: Speed Demon

The fix going in will be nerfed cloaks, but stealth augs will be beefed (detection wise)

So that a stealth aug truely makes you stealth in a world of not being able to stealth normally with just a cloak

The way to fix it has already been chosen :P

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:07 am

Well, that's silly. But i guess that works.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:10 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

Thanks for the people who came on test to help us out. A few people demonstrating their actual setups on test in a couple different galaxies was worth more than 100 forum posts. =)

But, yeah, the conclusion those of us on test came to, more or less, was to nerf cloaks even more (while making them also smaller and more efficient) and fix a bug with stealth augs regarding detectability.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:53 am
Profile WWW

Main: Abbara
Level: 1394
Class: Seer

So what is the working design for the new Seer Mastery Aug stats please?

:shock:

Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:58 am

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590

Tarik wrote:
So what is the working design for the new Seer Mastery Aug stats please?

:shock:

-80% Vis / Detection is good enough. Augs effecting detection will be major, so cloaks are being nerfed (aswell as costing less elec and being smaller).

I think this is a great fix as you won't be able to just slap a cloak on and be stealthy. If you aug for stealth, you'll be stealthy, if you don't, you won't.

~Kles

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:28 am

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

please fix the built in items tech thing, i cant undock my christmas spirit with the inbuilt radar being t20 :evil:

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 1941
Class: Berserker

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
sabre198 wrote:
please fix the built in items tech thing, i cant undock my christmas spirit with the inbuilt radar being t20 :evil:

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:47 am

JeffL wrote:
How is being seen at 50 range a fail?

Because my seers weapon choices are panther fang, 25 range, and v-jack, 100 range, and the bullets have to move a distance to hit the target which means i have to be a lot closer. so for me being seen at 50 means I cannot kill anything as the ai will instantly turn and shoot me or the pvp target will simply thrust away.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590

IonicRain wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Because my seers weapon choices are panther fang, 25 range, and v-jack, 100 range, and the bullets have to move a distance to hit the target which means i have to be a lot closer. so for me being seen at 50 means I cannot kill anything as the ai will instantly turn and shoot me or the pvp target will simply thrust away.

With the changes that are being made, people augged for stealth should be much stealthier, and those who don't aug for stealth will be much more visible.

Also, crit chance is based on Visibility, not Detection.

I still agree though, being detected at even 50 can be a problem if your using a weapon with half that range. :P

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:42 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

There's a new test client at http://www.starsonata.com/TestClient01-21.zip

The old test client will no longer work since I had to modify one of the network messages.

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:03 pm
Profile WWW

Main: Abbara
Level: 1394

IonicRain wrote:
JeffL wrote:

So go in with a seer's blinder first to reduce your targets radar by 50% I think...

Then go in on your next ambush and hit it hard without being visible to it.

Detection does seem a bit buggy though... I understand that you should be detected before you are seen, but I feel that Ai should maybe only react once you are visible to them? Otherwise, as many ai have high agility and react when they detect you, they spin so you don't get your full damage ambush bonus.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:50 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 1941
Class: Berserker

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
Tarik wrote:
So go in with a seer's blinder first to reduce your targets radar by 50% I think...

... A what?

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:34 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next