It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:13 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Post Re: Revisiting Fertile Parasites
The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
I disagree with changing this right now. My reason is that there is a lot of content we were promised that has not been made or added to game.

That is irrelevant. This parasite change was no major project, I believe Jeff has already finished the changes.

A waste of time. pests are only used to test and if a base has no protection.

Why bother using them if they will do only 50dps now? we wont even need pest controls on bases. what made them potent was that they reproduced and did huge damage.

He will still need to make the content for the higher tech weapons will he not?

All this time could be better spent if he remembers pest controls on AI and finishes other content that was never done after being announced or commented upon. It is a serious problem that Jeff needs to look into. When Jeff says he will do something it gets done. But if stuff is given out to be done or put on the back burner it never gets done.

Proof is in the facts. Unfinished classes and gear that has sat on the back burner and was never added.

Tue May 25, 2010 3:12 am

Would it not make more sense to nerf it once we actually have higher tech parasite in the game?

Your making them useless until maybe one day far away in the future, we might get a couple parasites added....maybe.

Tue May 25, 2010 3:29 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Quote:
He will still need to make the content for the higher tech weapons will he not?

That is something that can be done later.

This change needed to be done for Jeff's new content to work as he wants it to. It's a very minor thing to be complaining about considering the crashes and other problems we've been having.

The small things that you are complaining about is not as big issues as you like to make it sound, they are very minor and not high priority in any kind of way.

Quote:
Paxian capital ships were designed ages ago and promised ages ago but never added to game.

Not ships, one ship. I have recently created a BP for this ship and intend to get it added for next uni.

Quote:
Would it not make more sense to nerf it once we actually have higher tech parasite in the game?

Your making them useless until maybe one day far away in the future, we might get a couple parasites added....maybe.

Adding higher tech parasites first would be very broken. First this change needs to be made, then better ace pests (mainly for bases) needs to be added. After that we can start adding stronger high tech parasites.

Tue May 25, 2010 3:32 am

Team: Matrix
Main: Asmodeaan
Level: 282
Class: Berserker

what is so hard about giving Jeff's bosses an adum's cleaner? it's much easier to create a pest control for Uber's than to remove or change all pests ingame thereby screwing over a valid tactic of base combat.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:03 am

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Cheesey Burger
Level: 1885

What's so friggin hard about adding a stupid pest control to your new ai? jeez... simply because you forgot to put one on, you have to rape yet another aspect of this game?

Outcast wrote:
Hi i'm a plant, nomnomnom photosynthesis

Tue May 25, 2010 8:09 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

its because a pest control isnt enough, remeber last uni when some base got killed by ice sludge even with a ares? if you pump enough ice sludge into a base/boss you will overcome the pest control. Now this techinique has been used against this new wonder boss they finaly take notice of the exploit.

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Tue May 25, 2010 8:12 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

sabre198 wrote:
its because a pest control isnt enough, remeber last uni when some base got killed by ice sludge even with a ares? if you pump enough ice sludge into a base/boss you will overcome the pest control. Now this techinique has been used against this new wonder boss they finaly take notice of the exploit.

if a zerker or w/e can sit still long enough in your gal to pump that many ice sludges in your base, you deserve to have your bases killed, because your bases suck...

Outcast wrote:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:23 am
Profile E-mail

ha it was an evo base iirc so yeh

landswimmer wrote:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:50 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

sabre198 wrote:
ha it was an evo base iirc so yeh

very possible =D

some people on there (not me!) didn't have a bloody clue on how to build a good base

Outcast wrote:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:36 am
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

The only good base that was shot was Head's impenetrable Ada Kit. NS capped 2 bases and brought 2 siege kits with them, and it still killed all 4. If the guy didn't get bored, it'd be still here.

Tue May 25, 2010 10:41 am

nah this was last uni way before NS was even formed. Maybe it was just a panic scare to sell mzungu cleaners :lol: CSE will know what im rambling on about.

landswimmer wrote:

Tue May 25, 2010 10:58 am
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
The only good base that was shot was Head's impenetrable Ada Kit. NS capped 2 bases and brought 2 siege kits with them, and it still killed all 4. If the guy didn't get bored, it'd be still here.

Head's base was awesome

on another note, I didn't have any bases at the time that evo got attacked this uni

Outcast wrote:

Tue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Earth Defense Force
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 216
Class: Speed Demon

Now i know why i quit. Because of these types of things. Leave it the way it is or stop it from doubleing every time and just have it multiply by like 1.5 or something. If somebody's not smart enough to build and equip a simple little thing they deserve to have there base destroyed. Stop turning this into a fucking playground.

http://www.youdata.com/join/spartan2529

Tue May 25, 2010 8:47 pm
Profile E-mail
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

But if you forget to put it on Emp, do we deserve to have a Seer do the lockout each time and have a 10x chance of getting uber lewt because we do it 10x more?

Wed May 26, 2010 12:12 am
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

Allowing a single Seer with a tech 6 weapon to destroy high tech bases with a single shot and no risk to himself is one of the most retarded features of the game. Stop crying over pointless things. That's the only thing parasite weapons are used for these days so 95% of you wont even notice the difference. You are just complaining because you like to complain.

Wed May 26, 2010 2:01 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next