It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:44 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Post Re: Some proposed beefs to Snipers
LethalLoki wrote:
beams arent projectiles :P you cant speed up how fast they travel they are instant or almost.

They aren't instant. They just go really fast, if you watch during high lag you can see them halfway fired.

Anyway, +projectile speed is broken. Range is really a measure of the amount of time a projectile exists for. If you fire a pulse while going forward at 100, it will go far further than if you were going backwards at 50, but still exist for the same amount of time. Increasing projectile speed increases the distance it can travel before the time runs out, therefor effectively giving a ton more range.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

yugioh124 wrote:
LethalLoki wrote:
beams arent projectiles :P you cant speed up how fast they travel they are instant or almost.

They aren't instant. They just go really fast, if you watch during high lag you can see them halfway fired.

Anyway, +projectile speed is broken. Range is really a measure of the amount of time a projectile exists for. If you fire a pulse while going forward at 100, it will go far further than if you were going backwards at 50, but still exist for the same amount of time. Increasing projectile speed increases the distance it can travel before the time runs out, therefor effectively giving a ton more range.

Right, and with the DPS scaling down the faster you travel to increase your range, you effectively get a class that requires some planning and skill, rather than being cloaked and picking off targets one by one. Giving a niche to break without breaking the game makes a class fun to play... I think my posts out usually, unlike most people :P

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Team: None
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20

Yug, there is a way to boost projectile speed without boosting range. Dont you think the admins would think of that?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:23 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 1799
Class: Berserker

Sodomy beat me to it :P yes they would get more range if they are traveling forward, but then they get less damage from scaling speed.

I said instant or ALMOST

I like my idea for sniper best =D and sodomy's with the mobile radar drones.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:26 pm

What would be the point of that drone? if you want to have good radar, go seer, sniper fails at radar.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:29 pm

as russell said, snipers need to see things that are very far away VIA RADAR

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:31 pm

So? Seer is still the radar class, Sniper has nothing to do with radar. At best, they should have only as good of radars as everyone else.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 pm

whats the point in shooting ai 2k away if you can only see them from 1k? quitchurbitching cyg

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

LethalLoki wrote:
whats the point in shooting ai 2k away if you can only see them from 1k? quitchurbitching cyg

Cyg is one of the few crazy enough to use sniper atm, he knows what he's talking about. If you can only see AI from 1k away, you fail at life.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:08 pm

Main: King Cobras
Level: 1135
Class: Engineer

I've solo dps'ed bana with a sniper so whoever said the dps were shit, hasnt played a well augged end game sniper XD. All proposed changes imo are bullshit, just make it so that snipers cant suffer knockbacks and get more physical damage since you really seem to like phys dmg :/, thats all thats needed.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Snipers shouldnt have a type of damage chosen for them, I dont think damage should be given to a specific damage type only something like range or projectile speed...

the main problem i have with the damage at the moment is that it is scaled to 0 speed for max damage thats no fun and uber crappy in pvp as a stealth class. But in comparison to SD, Zerker and all those other classes whether you use an "end game setup" or not the zerker and SD do more dps

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:11 pm

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5

DPS is not the problem.. I never said it was. Snipers should not be given an integral Radar boost, simply those drones which might have a cooldown on them, because the fact of the matter is, alot of endgame AI are stealthy, and if you need to wait for them to actually see you as a Sniper and let them get off the first shots.. you are basically dead from the getgo. If anything, give Snipers a tweak generator to use.. +400% Radar for 12 seconds, then -50% damage for 12 seconds..

Anyhow, I'm just brainstorming. The problems I've viewed for Sniper pretty much come out like this:

-Lack of good ship selection. They should get a special type of 4 aug HFs for their class with lowish Visibility, in my opinion.

-Higher end AI cannot be seen from very far away, nor can many players.

-Lack of a good arsenal of weapons to use, V2 Rocket is the only one that fits the theme, besides Pulsius Sharpshooter, and V2 is the balls right now.

-More class specific gear should be created for them that magnify their strengths and weaknesses, so tweak generators that give a tweak that does +100% damage -50% shield bank for 10 seconds would be neat. Let them get that "One Shot One Kill" aspect down... even at endgame with the right gear.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Team: Hands of Blue
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1590
Class: Seer

Sodomy wrote:
and V2 is the balls right now.

I highly disagree. Most people are just too stupid to use them effectively.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:45 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138

Weapon with 1000 damage/1000 elect at 1 second before augs on a sniper is 1000 damage/1000 elect at 1 sec. Add sniper skills and it becomes 1800 damage/1500 elect at 1 sec. No -Elect Temp from augs, and a penalty of the skill.

Then factor in the the -RoF and it goes from 1 sec to 1.5 sec, and with the rediculous recoils of weapons intended for sniper(torps and huneylites), a Seer gets better damage and RoF. Pretty much fail.

IMO: Sniper should have the damage of 3 or 4 weapons at maxed skills with the elect usage of 2 or 3 weapons, no -RoF penalties, sniper only cloaks above 75% and below 100%, with seers having above 50% and below 80%, and everyone else under 40%.

I agree with more true sniper ships(meaning bonuses or in built gear for damage, range, cloaking, Elect.). 4 ships currently within the T19/20 region. Only two of them are Tier 2 ships. One is AI bought, and the last lacks a + version. Izer(R)(+), Juju, Reaver, and Snowflake. The T19 Bana HF is under hulled(even for 4 augs), and although it has 2 vis, it can't tank return shots, and it can't kill well. DS(+), Panther and even a Vulture is better for a sniper that considers that HF.

I left out the Panther as a Sniper ship because they aren't technically supposed to use one, however they and other non Recon classes *looks at deadbeat* can use one to a huge advantage.

Zerkers have GVAT, Zebra, Lion, Rosi(+), and to some extent, the Shrimp(+). Even a Pax Astro is a decent Zerker ship. 6 to 4. Kinda fail. Therically, a DS+ could be used to MF smaller higher RoF weapons, so that pretty bad.

FC/Gunner can deal with a few more years of M3, EFDN, and BS being the endgame capships, and Vult, DS(+), Panther for SD with Locu(+), Vult, DS(+), and Panther for seer. Then ShM in App Ward(+), and Rhino, with Engineers in AssBehe(+), Pax(+), Rhino, and KMF. They're IMO, alright. Just that Sniper still sucks monkey balls.

Sniper ships at the T16/17 region are not quite diverse, but it seems to follow: Vicar>BSS/Sidhe(+)/MFluid/Porp(+)>Juju. Pretty big jump. Even though technically the Reaver, Snowflake and Izer series are sniper ships, they're overlooked as they are way underpowered.

I went into perilous with ROTC, a player from EF who used a Sniper Izer, decently augged, no Ca/Emp augs though, and he could not kill a BG, one of the few ais that was not affected by the massive damage bonus from sniper level 50 tag during the temp universe, and he...well, sucked. It took a +26% damage from my EFBC's aura to properly kill one BG without having to be healed or supported by others. He was level 1300+. Class fail. the worst part was the setup was made for the rebalance, and regen based instead of bank based. It just was still outdated, and I'd bet he'd need to spend an extra 50b on augs to get it to work. I think he's currently a SD.

The Reaver is a sniper ship, but it lacks punching power.

Snowflake seems to be the only "true" sniper ship, with bonuses described in the skills, but it's T19, a let down. Still a fun ship, just not able to equip Ca/Emp augs.

Juju is heavy as fuck. All stealth engines on it fail. A Seer should get better use out of it if you want the stealth engine, at least a SD does. Heck, there was a SD that got his Juju to work remarkably well. He was a Sniper beforehand and sucked worse than using a SD EFBC to DPS Emp, not that anyone got a SD EFBC past the third level...since a FC Super Phunka tanked better, and had a better aura...all from a hera aug /pissedoff

/walloftextends

Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:49 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Don't mean to be mean, but no one, including admins, are going to read that much. Summarize it.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:09 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next