It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:44 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833
Class: Engineer

Post Re: March 23rd 2009 - Dev Update 8
The Voomy One wrote:
Im not really 100% sure but I think the commod was going to be put in as a requirement since it became too easy to get people the skill, and a unlimited amount of people could get the skill at the same time.

I have to say that the missions honestly makes it way too easy and quick for people to get higher end skills. I'd rather just see the bosses drop a commodity to level the skill like normal or require killing the boss multiple times if you want to use the mission.

In addition, I'm hoping Client 2 and server modifications will allow for leveling skills via Neurotraining with additional requirements besides SP and items as well as changing requirements: using missions to level skills should only be a temporary solution in most cases until such a thing is implemented, in my opinion.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:07 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2206
Class: Berserker

The Voomy One wrote:
Im not really 100% sure but I think the commod was going to be put in as a requirement since it became too easy to get people the skill, and a unlimited amount of people could get the skill at the same time.

Please please please please PLEASE! Add the commod back in, remove the mission, it was a stupid idea and FAR too many people have got the likes of weps 20. People have it just for the hell of it because they may as well. Make it a decent skill again please, same for everything else.

But keep the Shielding 20 mission. :)

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Outcast wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

Please please please please PLEASE! Add the commod back in, remove the mission, it was a stupid idea and FAR too many people have got the likes of weps 20. People have it just for the hell of it because they may as well. Make it a decent skill again please, same for everything else.

Yup keep the shielding 20 mission coz i havent got that yet. But definately scrap all the missions for the other ones coz i have all those skills now and dont want anyone else to have them.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Team: Traders
Main: AcidFlame
Level: 2658
Class: Speed Demon

Add PVP flag for people's ships (You won't be able to attack a person or their combat slaves when the person is not plagged PvP, but you can still attack bases, perm drones, and trading slaves. Attacking any of those things will turn your PvP flag on, as well as attacking someone who is already PvP

^^^

What the fuck, so that means I can talk shit and run around ninjaing people or something, and they could not shoot/kill me because I will keep my PvP flag OFF?

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:02 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: yugioh
Level: 1854
Class: Fleet Commander

Well, you can't ninja people anymore, but the inability to kill people who insult you IS pretty dumb.

Anyway, everyone was bitching it took several months to train wep 20, or 10+ bil whenever the rare commod came up for sale. This was mostly due to the fact that only one (sometimes two, if drops were good) could be obtained per 24 hours. You added the instances, which should have been enough to take care of the growing playerbase, but you also added the missions, which was a bit of overkill.

Now that the commod is needed again, can you reduce spawn time of UBER AI to maybe 1/2 hour or so? Plenty long enough to grab and distribute loot, and this way all the annoyances of finding out someone killed your boss before you could will be gone.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808

Great post Sharky :)

It really annoys me when high level players with the skills try to block other players from getting them.

The same applies to leveling btw, most of the high level players have used near-exploits in leveling and certain players complain about how certain AI give "broken experience" (after they have finished leveling off them of course)

The Missions were a great improvment over the old abused commod system.

Looking forward to the StM mission :P

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:16 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 1504

Engineer Chain Transferences still don't have full tracking. Wasn't Jey working on that? Really my only concern and not adressed in this, I just thought I should bring it up.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:38 pm
Profile YIM

Team: Red Faction
Main: Yehaaaaaaaaaaa
Level: 2372

Is anything going to happen with the base logs? Separating traders and colonies from "commercial sales" and giving us an idea of what products/commods we are selling. Also show who did what and when to base with operators/officers etcetera on a team base.

Perhaps tie the detail in base logs to a skill like historical records, (one of the most useless skills I have ever wasted xp on).

I think the multi level docking/building/management function is brilliant by the way.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806
Class: Seer

Wait, tweak crates drop from DG's?

Werent they supposed to be built with the tweak BP's?

Also, whatever happened to looking into drone gear?

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2206
Class: Berserker

Sharky99x wrote:
Outcast wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:

Yup keep the shielding 20 mission coz i havent got that yet. But definately scrap all the missions for the other ones coz i have all those skills now and dont want anyone else to have them.

Shut the fuck up, its quite obvious that i have shielding 20, and i disagreed with the missions BEFORE i had the skills. I'm saying keep shielding 20 since getting to Emp Bio is a feat in itself, then having to kill anni, then returning to emp bio, and the other technique is stupid.

The missions are ruining a big part of the game, the skills should have to be worked for to get, people get it for free and simply because they can, it shouldn't be that way. Uber noobs are FAR too common now, name some middle class players nowadays, there are hardly any, and the missions play a big part in causing that. People get uber in a month, i waited over a year to get my weapons 20, and when i did it was incredibly satisfying and exciting event, now weps 20 is just pawned off as a normal skill. It shoudn't be, it gives access to a whole load of shit which SHOULD be hard to achieve, but its not anymore. Its not that i don't want people to have the skills, i want them to work to get them and earn the right to use good shit, its given to them on a plater, i've even seen people refuse to come because they are 5 minutes away, if thats not wrong i don't know what is.

Russel, you realise how many new players have power leveled in Copper right? The people who are exploiting that generally are the players that have reached that level in a month, due to the skills needed being so easily aquired.

The missions were a bad decision and should be removed, i'm not blocking anyone from gaining the likes of weapons 20, its still there for the taking its just at the level of difficulty IT SHOULD BE AT, if the missions were removed.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:36 am

The missions are just fine, the only issue that came around was the fact that copper was too easy to power level in before.

When weaponry 20 first came out only Pants could obtain it and if another player wanted it they had to pay upwards of 10bil or more.

The missions allow a group of players to complete it instead of one person getting one commod and selling it off for a monopoly especially if Bana Queen is ever made more difficult.

I'd personally say stop whining about the current missions and start suggesting ways to get the newer tech 21 skills since those are on the horizon with the rebalance now.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:37 am
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833

LoneWolf wrote:
The missions are just fine, the only issue that came around was the fact that copper was too easy to power level in before.

When weaponry 20 first came out only Pants could obtain it and if another player wanted it they had to pay upwards of 10bil or more.

The missions allow a group of players to complete it instead of one person getting one commod and selling it off for a monopoly especially if Bana Queen is ever made more difficult.

I'd personally say stop whining about the current missions and start suggesting ways to get the newer tech 21 skills since those are on the horizon with the rebalance now.

There aren't even enough useful tech 20 weapons yet to warrant a tech 21 being added. Same for shields. And especially engines.

Being able to get 9 or so people tech 20 skills in your team per week for every group is messed up though: Weapons 20 is honestly easier to get than weapon 19 right now! Instancing has been added so that people will not be able to camp ubers, so I see nothing wrong with going back to a commod method.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:41 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: Demiser of D
Level: 20
Class: None

What do you MEAN there aren't enough t20 weapons? there are 42 as of my count, and thats likely missing some!

As opposed to SIX tech18 weapons! By that belief, we still shouldn't even have t19 available yet! :roll:

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:47 am

Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266

Demiser of D wrote:
What do you MEAN there aren't enough t20 weapons? there are 42 as of my count, and thats likely missing some!

As opposed to SIX tech18 weapons! By that belief, we still shouldn't even have t19 available yet! :roll:

0 tech 18 player ships ^_^

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:35 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Lord Runningclam
Level: 3813

Overall - I think the concept of the missions themselves are fine. Its one thing for it to be too easy to get the skill in terms of your level, gear, and abilities as a player, its another to be unable to obtain the skill simply because one team has enough groups of players that they can perpetually camp the uber - a situation that's fostered by the commod method. This is especially true because of the PvP flags offering the potential of making it literally impossible to drive out a camping team if you wanted to challenge them. At least with commods like the Station Management commod you could try to take the galaxy. In the case of SM and W4, if you're fed up with paying huge prices for the commods, you have the option of at least trying to do something about it.

However, the missions ARE problematic because of the tagalong set up. If you are in the squad, and the uber is killed, you get the skill. That's absurd. You don't have to do anything. You get the skill with no contribution in any way.

Why can't we have a minimum contribution requirement that determines whether or not you get the skill? For example, maybe you need to contribute a specific amount or percentage of damage to the uber. Or, for ShMs, maybe you need to heal a specific amount of shields. Maybe ships that end the battle in stasis don't get the skill - there's a lot of different ways that this can be regulated. It would take a little thought and would possibly demand different requirements for each class, but its seems to me that this type of setup would make more sense than either the snooze-kill credit for the mission or the unbreakable monopoly caused by the commod system.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:39 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next