It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:09 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: February 16th 2009 - Dev Update 3
Stooch wrote:
90% Buildable? Meaning there is only going to be 60 galaxies for a player to level in... fantastic.

This is being discussed right now. We haven't set anything in stone about how to fix it, but we definitely need more buildable space. If you guys want to offer up ideas on how to have more buildable space and still have room to hunt, go for it.

My suggestion was to make layer 4 have the current W3 gals, so DF 150? +, which would not be buildable, and layer 3 be mostly W2 DFs.

Either way, we'll figure something out before the reset.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:48 am

Team: Zephyr
Main: Ruin
Level: 2782
Class: Speed Demon

Well wow... awesome! Guys really been working hard :D

My only concern is will the spirals in the 3rd layer be as narrow as they are now as they get deeper? By that i mean they currently thin out to a long chain of galaxys and that goes on for a while. If we were to build in the deepest parts would we find our teams galaxys stretched out, or are tips not going to thin out as fast/be made chubbier? Assuming the tips are even buildable of course.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks for the temp uni. I think that will help a lot of people deal with the changes with less anxiety and fear.

With 90% of space buildable, will the roaming ubers be locked to the 10%, or is it open season for slaughtering the roamers with bases again?

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:02 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Jester_Motley wrote:
Thanks for the temp uni. I think that will help a lot of people deal with the changes with less anxiety and fear.

With 90% of space buildable, will the roaming ubers be locked to the 10%, or is it open season for slaughtering the roamers with bases again?

As you can see above, discussion is being done about this issue. I'll let you know when something is decided for sure.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:03 am

Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620

Stooch wrote:
90% Buildable? Meaning there is only going to be 60 galaxies for a player to level in... fantastic.

We are going from around 250 buildable systems to over 700! Nobody says you can't level in a galaxy that has someone else's bases in it, and with the bigger size and new ownership rules, there is a decent chance that there will be more unowned systems in buildable space, anyway.

When Pip originally said how excited he was about the new uni shape, I thought that was a relatively minor thing to be excited about. Now I'm excited too!

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:54 am
Officer

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: 78Firebird
Level: 2091
Class: Engineer

Yes. Pip just concerning the ubers if they are cut to that small section people will camp just that small area. and I would LOVE to have a new "layer" for lvln i love change (just not that uni reset date) Have fun deciding. :twisted:

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:55 am

My main concerns:

Ubers should not have spawns in a buildable galaxy or have their spawn paths go anywhere near them.

What exactly are you doing with the Uni shape and the temporary reset? I would certainly hope you're going to use a temporary random genned uni for the 7 day testing and not the one you plan to use for months due to the fact that players will scout out places to setup at when the full reset comes.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

LoneWolf wrote:
What exactly are you doing with the Uni shape and the temporary reset? I would certainly hope you're going to use a temporary random genned uni for the 7 day testing and not the one you plan to use for months due to the fact that players will scout out places to setup at when the full reset comes.

The unis will be the same general shape, but the actual contents and names, etc, will be different.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:26 am

Team: None
Main: Jagur4
Level: 1459

Just so it gets said, thanks Pip, for continuing to do all of this. It's vastly appreciated and we know you could be doing other things. So thanks.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 am

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647

Can you also fix the "protect galaxy"
I shot a zebu in a w3 galaxy yesterday and i was immediately pwned
safety was on

and this has been a problem for a long time now

looks like safety lock doesnt work for attacking a drone either

you know.. when your capping and you destroy the ship over the ai base, sometimes you accidentally shot a hard-to-see nihilite drone with safety on

Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 am

Dorin Nube wrote:
Stooch wrote:

We are going from around 250 buildable systems to over 700! Nobody says you can't level in a galaxy that has someone else's bases in it

AI shoot slave, base kill ai. No ai left to kill. And dont say it doesnt happen because even as low as rosemarys attack Lord Nibblers slaves and get subsequently pwned.
Believe me, it would be a problem and I am glad to see that the admins are looking into it.

Fuck the Cosine!

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620

Stooch wrote:
Dorin Nube wrote:
Stooch wrote:

We are going from around 250 buildable systems to over 700! Nobody says you can't level in a galaxy that has someone else's bases in it

AI shoot slave, base kill ai. No ai left to kill. And dont say it doesnt happen because even as low as rosemarys attack Lord Nibblers slaves and get subsequently pwned.
Believe me, it would be a problem and I am glad to see that the admins are looking into it.

Other teams' bases will attack AI for attacking your slave? I didn't know that (since I don't use slaves). I'm sorry for saying it wasn't a problem then!

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:59 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Dorin Nube wrote:
Stooch wrote:
Dorin Nube wrote:

Other teams' bases will attack AI for attacking your slave? I didn't know that (since I don't use slaves). I'm sorry for saying it wasn't a problem then!

What he meant is that AI will attack trade slaves of the people that own the galaxy, and get killed by the bases for it, therefore there will be no AI left in the gal to kill.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Team: None
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2266
Class: Fleet Commander

i was under the impression that ai will not attack in galaxies where they know they will not win, which is why vacuum cleaner ai dont do their jobs as well anymore.

Last edited by SimonV2 on Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:15 pm
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

SimonV2 wrote:
i was under the ipression that ai will not attack in galaxies where they know they will not win, which is why vacuum cleaner ai dont do their jobs as well anymore.

Some Ais where changed so they wouldnt attacked bases anymore, but not all of them. And certainly not the warp 3 Ais.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next