It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:38 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Team: Capitalists
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2048
Class: Gunner

Post Re: Prevent "corpse camping"?
shawn_mccall wrote:
Make it so if you die you automatically respawn in sol, and make it so you have a 5 minute timer after leaving protected space in which no one can shoot you.

What about doing Olympus?

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

jeff mc beth wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:
Make it so if you die you automatically respawn in sol, and make it so you have a 5 minute timer after leaving protected space in which no one can shoot you.

What about doing Olympus?

How does that affect Olympus at all? This topic pertains to PvP, any assumption that PvAI should affect anything discussed here is quite irrational.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:27 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: None
Main: Gaffa
Level: 2792
Class: Shield Monkey

why not just disable pvp unless both teams are at war with one another.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Team: pantalones
Main: Fly fast kill hard
Level: 3625

Gaffateip wrote:
why not just disable pvp unless both teams are at war with one another.

just no no and no did i mention i would like to say no.

I say no while you read my no so you can read no whiel you read no.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Team: None
Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

shawn_mccall wrote:

only by pressing u and 'die' while in spirit form, that way you have a choice.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Neba wrote:
Please Read

make it so you can only use those amazing weapons with a certain level of infamy,
with your suggested infamy lowering rate, it would make established players less likely to cheat the system

v v v I dont like that version as much as this because established teams could just go on a war path v v v

make the high infamy weapons have a half life just like commodities and just be purchasable from certain AI bases, or be exchanged for GG
maybe give GG a tag when it drops and who dropped it, and you can only exchange 2 max of the same persons GG over a certain period of time, this would mean youd HAVE to get gg from other players
since you cant use the same 2 gg tags more then twice, such a system wouldnt encourage camping(I.E. Lowered Griefing)

The higher level weapons would making killing easier so I would reccomend making gg cheaper, and since pirates make low income as apposed to legit team players it would balence the grief pirating would cause, and since gearglue is cheaper, people will be more likely and able to carry more gearglue

if people get camped its sort of their own problem if they drop gear because of the lowered GG price balance and the already enabled systems to prevent GG loss

super balenced, nice and pretty, everyone wins
cuz the GG is cheaper, and the weapons arnt permanent (:
and no one has to shell out 25b which is an ungodly amount for pirates

look at me reposting my shit cuz it makes sense

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:04 am
Profile E-mail

Team: pantalones
Main: brindlebull
Level: 2570

Neba wrote:
Neba wrote:

The higher level weapons would making killing easier so I would reccomend making gg cheaper, and since pirates make low income as apposed to legit team players it would balence the grief pirating would cause, and since gearglue is cheaper, people will be more likely and able to carry more gearglue

if people get camped its sort of their own problem if they drop gear because of the lowered GG price balance and the already enabled systems to prevent GG loss
[/color]

People arent really complaining about losing gear or gear glue, just the wasted time they sit in their ships dead to regen.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:49 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: shawn - mccall
Level: 2411
Class: Fleet Commander

brindle is 100% correct the GG is meaningless and no one could care less about it. The problem is the wasted time.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

shawn_mccall wrote:
brindle is 100% correct the GG is meaningless and no one could care less about it. The problem is the wasted time.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:03 pm

After you have been killed by a player you have the option to turn pvp off for an hour?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: One Man Army
Main: xXAiDzXx
Level: 1333

Make it that PVP is dependant on zones, aka if you are in:

W3: the pvp range is already higher, if you get killed by anyone, they can kill you again and again for a few times until a 10 minute timer of a no pvp comes in (or however long, this is only an example)

W2: Pvp range is lower, you can be killed by a pirate maybe two or three times before invuln comes in.

W1: You can be killed once before you get a 20 minute timer.

Thats from being attacked by a complete random, if you are at war with a team, or you attacked them first, disregard, just wait and deal with the consequence, if a team has warred you, then same rules may apply.

The whole appeal of making bases is that you can lose them anytime, it gives you that feeling of actually owning something that has an impact, so you can't make Permanent non pvp teams otherwise resources are heavily impacted.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Eurus
Level: 2330

I suspect that the real problem has something to do with 'Space' levels.

E.G you can hit level 100~ max in earthforce space. Great, it's a low level zone! So what about pvp protection in these areas?

Perilous space is pretty much the staple leveling area for level 500+ players. Therefore if you were to implement protection based upon the layer of space occupied new players would still be targeted (I spent many hours flying around perilous space in my earth force cruiser, preying upon big greens and running from the Grim Reaver).

I suggest that more profitable activities: dangerous mission chains (etc) take place in lower pvp restricted zones. Earthforce space would be suitable for leveling from 1-1k (given time); whereas wild space would offer more efficient leveling techniques and (possibly) better drops.

What we see here is a system for richer, high level alts and genuine new players to co-exist. If a pirate decides to go and kill people hanging around in the 'newbie zone' he will be faced with huge penalties (due to going against the system). If he wishes to kill 'high level alts' he may do so, but these 'alts' should be more capable of defending themselves than a new player.

I would suggest making the 'dangerous' missions more rewarding; perhaps even account locked (E.G get a batch of warden BPs+ a warden for completing a modified bonnet mission chain).

This just popped in to my head so I decided to post. I'm merely suggesting an overhaul to the leveling system BEFORE any attempts are made to fix 'griefing'. If a player has been sufficiently warned of the risks an advantages surrounding the more dangerous (and lucrative) sectors of space they can make their decisions based upon personal preference... Please feel free to point out any errors in my suggestion, thank you.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Make it so that if you are killed in PvP, you have 3 options

You can just wait there and continue to die/or pvp.

You can type "/home", which will automatically teleport your spirit to your team's HQ. the team's HQ would have a towing service. That way, if you die and you cant leave, you will lose money instead of time.

You can type "/protect" which will teleport your spirit to Sol so you can tow your ship. Which means you lose money instead of time.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Your making it too damn easy to get away
what we need is a system to prevent lower lvl pvp
not make a quick escape for established players who want to whine

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002
Class: Speed Demon

JacktheRipper wrote:
Make it so that if you are killed in PvP, you have 3 options

You can just wait there and continue to die/or pvp.

You can type "/home", which will automatically teleport your spirit to your team's HQ. the team's HQ would have a towing service. That way, if you die and you cant leave, you will lose money instead of time.

You can type "/protect" which will teleport your spirit to Sol so you can tow your ship. Which means you lose money instead of time.

Kind of, but the second two options would still have a potentially hefty time cost of returning to whatever content you were doing when you were pirated, not to mention regearing any slaves that were killed (and how would your suggestion deal with slaves, anyway?).

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next