It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:51 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: swingarm
Level: 3168
Class: Speed Demon

Post Re: Question: What would you pay massive amounts of credits for?
I would pay massive amounts of credits for,................credits

:roll: Of course I'm kidding.

Cookin'!!

Scooters!

World's Largest Mainline Operating Steam Locomotive

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:24 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: enkelin
Level: 3002

Ah, so battler is actually disagreeing with the entire premise of the thread, not just my suggestion.

JeffL wrote:
By massive amounts, I'm thinking on the order of a progression like 1B, 2B, 4B, 8B, 16B, ... 1024B for those super rich people who want to be super-awesome. We need some cash sinks that scale up like crazy that people would like to buy with all their hoarded treasure.

That's fair, but I wish you'd said that earlier. I don't really see why marginal upgrades for extreme cost shouldn't be available to those who can afford it. The system is already in place for bar skills, seal skills, + ships, and so on.

(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:21 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

I am still here. =)

Lots of good ideas.

I think for sure, we should:

1. extend bar skills out farther for credits
2. Allow the purchase of more ship slots
3. Have some way to marginally improve your items for massive credits

For improving your items, I'm still not sure exactly what the best way would be. Just doing it with mods seems like probably the best. I'm leaning towards a system where you pay credits according to how many mods the item currently has and then you gain 1 additional random mod on the item and it becomes NB to your account.

Another idea I'm tossing around in my head is to replace the '+' items with a system where items can have multiple levels of '+', so for instance, spend 10x the cost of an item to increase it to a +1, spend another 100x the cost of an item to increase it to +2, etc. The nice thing is this would be an infinite cash sink, but I think it might be too powerful and overshadow the mods. Probably better just to stick with mods. They are more interesting, anyway.

For warping, I'm thinking it should be more of a normal function of cap ships rather than a large money sink. Maybe custom building warp gate from team space to team space could also be done for a lot of credits, but we'd have to think about that more. Could potentially open a whole can of worms if we let people create wormholes and even destroy redundant ones so that players could reshape the universe. And really, why not?

And if we're getting all Minecraft here, maybe a super doomsday device that will let players detonate it in team space that completely wipes out the system and make a new random galaxy. And a device to create an AI base if there isn't already one.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:34 pm
Profile WWW

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Biggee
Level: 2163
Class: Engineer

The AI base feature would sell like hotcakes, even if it was "expensive"; 50bil+ imo.

anilv wrote:
Try again when you have a doctorate in mathematics, grasshopper. I'll be pulling rank until then.

Bonecrusher wrote:
I'm a professional whiner.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:51 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Quote:
For warping, I'm thinking it should be more of a normal function of cap ships rather than a large money sink.

Not a good idea.

The entire idea isn't that bad, but applying it to ALL or A LOT of capital ships is the bad part. This is a special function that should be reserved for either a specialized capital ship, or a class of ships OUTSIDE the current 4 hulls.

And yes, it should require a SD or Seer to be present.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: __
Level: 2482
Class: Berserker

Go away, churchill.

It is completely within the genre of fleet foci, so you really have no room to complain.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail

Once an item gets an extra mod and becomes NB, can you do it again to add another mod later?

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:15 pm

Cygnus wrote:
Go away, churchill.

It is completely within the genre of fleet foci, so you really have no room to complain.

Get low level alts to warp team around enemy space. Even better if that account is f2p. The Earthforce Frigate is STILL a capital ship.

It's That kind of abuse I foresee if all capital ships can do it.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:36 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4129
Class: Shield Monkey

not sure anyone would be interested in purchasing extra ship slots, its never bothered me... i dont have more than 25 unslaveable ships on any account though, and if I got to that level i'd prolly just pay to item form some.

landswimmer wrote:
IN C1, TIMEWARP SCREWS YOU!

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:36 pm
Profile E-mail YIM WWW

Team: TorchWood
Main: TheKC
Level: 5
Class: None

sabre198 wrote:
not sure anyone would be interested in purchasing extra ship slots, its never bothered me... i dont have more than 25 unslaveable ships on any account though, and if I got to that level i'd prolly just pay to item form some.

ive more then 200 on my ship storage alt (nostalgy), since c2 i cant be arsed to dock the alt at his main base anymore lol

id defintly bu yship slots, but atm it lags too much

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Spatzz
Level: 2402
Class: Engineer

I would murder your children for extra ship slots, Buzz.

I really don't like the idea of using pure creds to improve items. We already have the choice of spending massive amounts on the very rare uber modded ones that drop from DGs.

Even if it is 10b~ for the first mod or some random amount there are a ton of folks who would start buying up weapons like MTs and 3 shots just to stick 1 mod on then put in storage if it is not the one they are looking for. This would kill the market for dropped items which is a huge way that newer players can make credits. Get an Evil Crazy Bug Eyed? You just made a couple billion.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:47 pm
Profile E-mail

I think the point is that they are very rare, and that's annoying. If you go on the market for a specifically modded item, you have no guarantee that such a thing even exists in game. This system would help two things:

1. Rich people finally have something to spend their money on.
2. That money is taken out of circulation instead of just bouncing around the market, elevating the price of everything.

You say that this would kill the market, but immediately before that you state that people would buy up MTs and 3-shots like crazy. I also don't exactly agree that finding nicely modded scoops and so on is a standard way to make a living as a new player. I DGed an awful lot on enkelin before reaching endgame and probably never made more than 5 billion in total from modded item sales. Anyway, if the modded scoop you're talking about goes for a few billion credits on the market, why wouldn't an endgame player buy that instead of dropping 10b+ on a *chance* for that mod?

I believe you're getting wrapped up in the fallacy that the endgame is a static subset of the player base. There will always be new players entering the higher affluence levels, and those players will be what continues to drive the market. The stagnancy you describe fails to account for this.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1028
Class: Sniper

anilv wrote:
Once an item gets an extra mod and becomes NB, can you do it again to add another mod later?

Yes, that's the idea. But each additional mod would be 10x as expensive as the previous one.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm
Profile WWW

Are we talking about like a random mod system and just wish for the best? If that is it then that sounds like a great idea.It would be a huge cred sink if you did not get the mod you wanted the first time for say 1 bill then you would try a second time for 10 bill but the price would have to be determined by the tech because well a 3 shot should cost alot more to mod then say a ion peashooter

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Generally, people that want modded gear and will pay good amounts of creds for it are at the end of the line for their gear. Meaning the players will tend to have very high teired and teched equipment.

Ex. A Shrimp+ Zerk that has maxed all his tiered gear out and is not the zerk used on his team's Olympus runs. Everyone else are in UZ ships. He hits like a brick in pvp vs other people, who also happen to use UZ ships.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next