It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:10 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next

Team: None
Main: norrath
Level: 1806
Class: Seer

Post Re: For next uni
The Outpost is only theoretically useful?

Try letting someone lay it that can build a good galaxy, before this change went in hardly any team had clusters of galaxys and it was possible to build indestructible galaxys, whats so different now?

Also, if you dont have the commods in your cluster or nearby your cluster and cba to destroy another teams galaxy for it then you dont deserve it. There are things called planetscanners, I hear there pretty useful during uni rush's.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:14 am

Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 2808
Class: Engineer

villiroth wrote:
The Outpost is only theoretically useful?

An isolated galaxy can always be taken, you just have to now how :)

Try letting someone lay it that can build a good galaxy, before this change went in hardly any team had clusters of galaxys and it was possible to build indestructible galaxys, whats so different now?

You can lay bases in enemy owned galaxies now, (with some restrictions).

Also, if you dont have the commods in your cluster or nearby your cluster and cba to destroy another teams galaxy for it then you dont deserve it. There are things called planetscanners, I hear there pretty useful during uni rush's.

What are you trying to say? My point is to take an enemy gal that is moderately well defended, by brute force, you need to be able to lay killer(s) base in their galaxy. To lay the base u need to be adjcent. As I pointed out an isolated galaxy, particularly one with valuable commods is vulnerable. It can be cut off from reinforcment and can be bvbed.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Trevor50
Level: 4503
Class: Shield Monkey

Quote:
Something has to be done. The point is there are not enough resources. Key resources are rarely sold. If you dont have access to essentiial resources like ada, you cannot build top end gear and u stagnate, get bored and play something else.

Nothing needs to be done, just because you want 5 panthers one for each alt dosent mean you should get it.

The rarity of commods is a fantastic thing for the market, not only that but it drives for warring over commods. Another thing that is great for the SS market.

I dont get it, you want the economy to be better in game yet you dont want to sacrifice things for it.

Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.

Strawberry Blueberry Pancakes

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647
Class: Speed Demon

Only a few people have sense here. Go trev!
Rare commods. lets think.. rare.. commod.. hmm not so rare is the way to be?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:56 pm

The fact people think they should have ada to dispense is stupid imo. If your running out of commods two things need to happen. A) boot some people B) Stop giving so many commods to a single person.

Your level 1200 base building alt dosent need a panther, a DS will work JUST FINE.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Russell wrote:
Something has to be done. The point is there are not enough resources. Key resources are rarely sold. If you dont have access to essentiial resources like ada, you cannot build top end gear and u stagnate, get bored and play something else.

Since team galaxies are clustered, if you lack key resources in your galaxies or in adjcent galaxies, there is very little chance of getting the resources u need, no matter how much u fight.

We need more useful planets and more resources.

There is plenty of resources (such as ada) in the game. In fact, if you look several unis back ada nearly impossible to obtain and skyrocket high prices.

If you are not able to get your hands on "key resources", it is because either 1) the people who have ada are hoarding it all and not sharing, or 2) you are not working hard enough to obtain those resources.

Prices for tier3 commodities have sunken and seem to be stabilizing now, around ~50m give or take (exclusion of ada). Add more into the game would only destroy these prices, and their relative markets. Ada is a hard commodity to find for apparent reasons, it's used for a wide variety of productions...

On another note, let's look at space_spartan.

I am tired of guys like this who roam around and have virtually nothing to lose. There should be some other sort of debt system. Their deaths should take a toll on their livelihood and their ability to continue to harass others. Granted, we have warred him. What does this do for us? Many of our bases will be capable of instantly attacking him, but there is a serious loss of money for a team our size.

He's also warred several teams, what does he lose? Can some changes be made so that these guys aren't fighting others with nothing to lose?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Main: thebattler36
Level: 1791

Don't agree with you on the whole Debt thing.

Stand-Alone pirates have enough of a disadvantage as it is.

Plus they add some interest to a game which can become boring at times.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Love, I sympathize with your point. However, you do have the ability to take something away from the pirate... their ability to generate income or to enjoy a huge portion of the game. They couldn't leave piracy and going into base building without BEGGING for forgiveness.

You reap the benefits of holding star systems... one of the risks are pirates.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Team: Scy Logistics
Main: Grape
Level: 1306
Class: Seer

give Purple an admin panel.

nuff said

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Team: Traders
Main: DarkSpirit
Level: 3428

-Make Delquads go slower, they are moving too fast for a sniper.
-Make tripple mfing forgones the lvl they deserve to be and not 1k, so about 1.9k
-Drops should get higher in lvl like 1.6-1.7k (and only 2 in a gal)
-Izer should get 1 more weapon slot and Panther should only have at max 3 weapon slots
-Battlestations, Delquads and Hive boss DGs above 300+ (or no Hives in DGS)
-Would like to see Lyceum again protected
- the sun in Lion boss could move a bit slower (or something has to change)
-Ubers r fine as they are, the dgs also (no need to change them)
-Ubers should spawn in different galaxies (so noone is camping them)
-more resources would be good (i know that makes the price go down, but does that really hurt anyone)
-new content is allways good
- the size of the uni is good, except those galaxies without any planets( maybe at least 4 planets per galaxy?)
- give every ship that is not UZ ship a 30-60% resists against radiation (including most ubers)
-take away the shitting message that emp or who ever needs to dock or to do something in event (making server go slow)

oh not to forget make C2 work for the uni after the next.......
put the sniper things in game

have more fun next uni!!!

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:22 am
Profile E-mail

Quote:
-more resources would be good (i know that makes the price go down, but does that really hurt anyone)

yes it hurts everyone.

More commods are not needed. You do understand just because your level 2000 you dont deserve a Uz ship right? I mean the rarity of the uz ship is obsolete now.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:53 am
Profile E-mail

I know that trevor, yeah hurts a bit, to be honest, i hope we are getting piloting higher 20+ and the demand of ada may sink a bit, if the new ships wouldnt need ada sheets (i hope so).
Something new, a new commod to make a sheet or a barout of it to use. So all high end guys would go for that commod, price of it would be insane. Lower lvls could get ada cheap and built forthemselves some UZ ships. How u like that. U would get extractor bp from those who drop also the tech20+ ships and grab yourself a planet to extract it at uni start.
Makes trevor richer and richer.
And c'mon trevor everyone can make a colony to earn money too.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:12 am
Profile E-mail

Quote:
Makes trevor richer and richer.
And c'mon trevor everyone can make a colony to earn money too.

I have no desire to become richer and richer, if everyone can make a colony they can also make a base to blow up someone else's base that is extracting ada right?

Its simply come down to this, SS has become way to "Carebear" type play. People complaining more and more because of rouge teams.

Its as if you people want everything handed to you. As if you shouldnt have to work to get anything in this game. For those of you who think that you shouldnt have to fight for end game items and it should be available to everyone. YOUR WRONG.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:27 pm
Profile E-mail

1 think more, make Delquads shoot with bullet type weapon and not laser type (thats the way of sniper).
Delquads seem to have a bit too much range (3k+ and doing instand laser damage too much, need to adjust).

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:23 am
Profile E-mail

Main: The Astro-Santa
Level: 20
Class: Engineer

I think Delquads are fine.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 am
Profile E-mail
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next