It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: March 9th 2009 - Dev Update 6
Nuromishi wrote:
I'd like to say that for the Silent Death I personally believe better stats would be something like +67% damage, -12% rof, -30% range. Just saying, range reduction should be a major point and dps should be around that of pre-buff (in this case its actual 3% less dps than last universe). For these stats I posted there includes the range reduction, damage per shot for Seer, and dpe efficiency for SD. Panthers are still rendered better for their higher range, aura, and potential for other overloaders.

An important consideration is whether more powerful overloaders may be presented that could drop from DGs (possibly in crates) or blueprints to build them introduced. In these cases the Panther is given the ability to obtain further bonuses in the future that the DS is incappable of obtaining.

Voomy has added back in a -20% range. Not sure about the other stats exactly.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Nuroshounin
Level: 833
Class: Engineer

pip8786 wrote:
Nuromishi wrote:
I'd like to say that for the Silent Death I personally believe better stats would be something like +67% damage, -12% rof, -30% range. Just saying, range reduction should be a major point and dps should be around that of pre-buff (in this case its actual 3% less dps than last universe). For these stats I posted there includes the range reduction, damage per shot for Seer, and dpe efficiency for SD. Panthers are still rendered better for their higher range, aura, and potential for other overloaders.

An important consideration is whether more powerful overloaders may be presented that could drop from DGs (possibly in crates) or blueprints to build them introduced. In these cases the Panther is given the ability to obtain further bonuses in the future that the DS is incappable of obtaining.

Voomy has added back in a -20% range. Not sure about the other stats exactly.

Current stats are +60% damage, -10% rof, -20% range. This actually results in less DPS than the last buff, and less DPS than even the original stats since it'd be 1.6*.9 in this case.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647
Class: Speed Demon

I'd also like to point out that SD's who use DSs are losing alot of dps when it comes to "rate of fire"

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:28 pm

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Indeed. we already lost at least half of our previous DPS...
I don't have alot of ZoFR(20) and i already had a good enough range with my usual weapons before, now i just have "toomuch range" (because if i use all my range, AI's usually stop aggro and turn back)

So cool, more range, don't need.
Less DPS, wasn't needed either...

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647

may as well give Silent death Critical hit % and damage -range instead of less rate of fire

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:03 pm
Darth Administrator

Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337
Class: Sniper

I do what the players ask for, then they ask for something else....

If I remove the -RoF and put the range back to -35% will you be happy then?

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Team: Zephyr
Main: Ruin
Level: 2782

The Voomy One wrote:

yes. :P

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Main: Ingendum
Level: 1364

The Voomy One wrote:

No. Comparing the Silent Death to an OS6, it still seems WORSE to me. OS6 has no disadvantages, with a DPS modifier of 1.5 and a range boost of 25%, if I'm not mistaken. Silent Death is inbuilt, with a DPS modifier that isn't much higher AND a range nerf. You might argue "Damage is better than RoF", but I have to disagree, I'd rather aug for a little more elec to be able to power a weapon with an OS6 and get even more damage by additional crit hits, than using an OL that adds just a tiny bit more damage and takes away range. I'd suggest something along the lines of 70% Damage, -20% Range, at least something in that direction, to make the DS OL attractive to both, SD and Seer.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Team: None
Main: Blackdutchie
Level: 586
Class: Fleet Commander

pip8786 wrote:
berg.reinier wrote:
my guess would be no.

anyways, on to the core of my question:

missles got the same bonus as AI, which made them overpowered (which is the core of complaints about shields too, since they seem to fall alot faster)
now my question is: did fighters get the same bonus as missles and AI?
or was it just those two that got a bonus?

Fighters did too, afaik. But Jey has (or will) rebalance the fighters to make sure they're good after the bonus is reduced.

yay! that's really good to know!
no underpowered figs next uni!

hmm, a mountain that eats people... i want one!

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:57 pm

Titan shield+ has 137% of PoT's bank and 69% of its regen. Of course it doesn't have the 1.05 speed modifier but since it doesn't stack with augs nor SD bonus... and it's ONLY 120m !!! (PoT is PC'ed @ 10b, costs about 6b to mmake)

Nerf it, or beef PoT's stats i dunno but it's retarded... 100 times cheaper, and it's better !

Quote:
No. Comparing the Silent Death to an OS6, it still seems WORSE to me. OS6 has no disadvantages, with a DPS modifier of 1.5 and a range boost of 25%, if I'm not mistaken. Silent Death is inbuilt, with a DPS modifier that isn't much higher AND a range nerf. You might argue "Damage is better than RoF", but I have to disagree, I'd rather aug for a little more elec to be able to power a weapon with an OS6 and get even more damage by additional crit hits, than using an OL that adds just a tiny bit more damage and takes away range. I'd suggest something along the lines of 70% Damage, -20% Range, at least something in that direction, to make the DS OL attractive to both, SD and Seer.

agreed

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:06 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392

Max235 wrote:
Titan shield+ has 137% of PoT's bank and 69% of its regen. Of course it doesn't have the 1.05 speed modifier but since it doesn't stack with augs nor SD bonus... and it's ONLY 120m !!! (PoT is PC'ed @ 10b, costs about 6b to mmake)

Nerf it, or beef PoT's stats i dunno but it's retarded... 100 times cheaper, and it's better !

Most would argue regen is much better then bank, I think. But yes, shields are getting looked at.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Nah anyone would say bank is better.
Because speed demon can run away to regen then come back...
It's from my SD point of view tho.
Always been told Bank > regen.

When any uber does 15-30k/shot who cares about regen ? nothing can regen enough to tank that lol

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 pm

Team: None
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 2837

I rather a average of bank and regen where some would equal out (roughly both decent). But this doesn't seem the case with ss layout so w/e

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:40 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Jiraque
Level: 3763

Max235 wrote:
When any uber does 15-30k/shot who cares about regen ? nothing can regen enough to tank that lol

They do a LOT more than that now.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:42 pm

One of the main points of the reblance was to provide more variety in setups.. If this is the case, why aren't there any more high regen shields? Has anyone figured out what shields got the highest regen after the rebalance? Is it even over 200/1.2?

Please put the shields back to the way they were.. It's all completely whacky atm, since things that used to be good are crap now.. Remember Jeff said all items would remain relatively as useful as they were? Man.. I feel bad for the guy who I sold a double moded giga misd for 10b last uni xD

What's the status of ShM? any insight on how your thinking of changing it?

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next