It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:52 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post Re: HAL's January Update
I have killed what was targetted and kept firing though.
And my question about targetting a distant un-hittable target was based on the possibility that if you target said object and have a hostile in the area... would your shots still be damaging to the previously targetted hostile? If so the question answered.

Another feature of Subspace was an item called "Brick."
It was essentially a portable wall you could deploy. A couple players with bricks could make what was esentially a pillbox that you could fire through, an effect of the freq setting, yet enemy bullets couldn't penetrate. Shockwaves from exploding bombs could damage you though.

Saran, I did miss that hostile target reference. Thanks.

Market

Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:08 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

MarketForces wrote:
I have killed what was targetted and kept firing though.
And my question about targetting a distant un-hittable target was based on the possibility that if you target said object and have a hostile in the area... would your shots still be damaging to the previously targetted hostile? If so the question answered.

Another feature of Subspace was an item called "Brick."
It was essentially a portable wall you could deploy. A couple players with bricks could make what was esentially a pillbox that you could fire through, an effect of the freq setting, yet enemy bullets couldn't penetrate. Shockwaves from exploding bombs could damage you though.

Saran, I did miss that hostile target reference. Thanks.

Market

I made it a bit more clear on the original post.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821
Class: Seer

Envelloppement spam by Egineers ?

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Max235 wrote:

useful only up to a point. SDs can fire a lot of shots so can MF and gunner.

more an irritation then a totally effective strategy. though it has come in handy in the past.

thanks pip, i appreciate that.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Team: Resident Evil
Main: Voodoo Crawfish
Level: 162

Still doesn't answer if stealthed, hostile, untargeted targets will get hit.

And I am going to assume that the hostile part if based of personal hostilities rather than team hostilities. So that PvP ranges are still effective with this.

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*
Everyone join in!

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Myrtok
Level: 1620
Class: Speed Demon

Anything that makes the game require more skill is a good thing. I tend to enjoy changes more than most I suppose, so I have no problems with the concept of projectiles hitting all hostile targets. Unfortunately, this system will fail because of lag. Even when you only have to dodge the shots actually fired at you, sometimes you see a projectile impact in the place you occupied a few seconds ago, and your shield drops. Having to dodge every shot in the system, coming from all different directions would be great fun (for SDs) as long as I could be sure that my comp and the SS server both aggreed on where my ship was in relation to the projectiles.

HAL wrote:
You are greedy and ignorant, you can't have everything in life for free.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:54 am

Team: Dark Traders
Main: Max235
Level: 1821

saran wrote:
Max235 wrote:

useful only up to a point. SDs can fire a lot of shots so can MF and gunner.

more an irritation then a totally effective strategy. though it has come in handy in the past.

atm it's used to prevent bases from using non etheral weps

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:58 am

Team: None
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1876

Yay for Tank-and-Spank!

I cant wait!

~BD

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Main: Utumno
Level: 20
Class: None

I don't like the approach to add a "luck" factor into the game at such a critical point:

This is mostly due to the fact that I often fight stuff that can shoot me down with a couple of shots.
I think if I would be in a ship with 100k+ shield bank I wouldn't mind that - but I can't see how I can do that as a Seer on a DS.
If a system with similar effekt would be implemented that is not dependent on "luck" I would much more like it - this is not due to the result but the feeling one gets by it - just think how it is when you get shot down due to lag issues; more than the death the reason is annoying.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Main: Utumno
Level: 20
Class: None

I added a lot of not so positive things about this possible change but this actually doesn't reflect my feelings - so I want to add in something different:

I think when DGing in large groups this can add quite some positive aspects:
as example:

- lay your drones or place your zerker
- place a 'tank' EF DN on top of those - neither the drones nor the zerker will ever die anymore

Ofc I assume that the targeting code of AIs doesn't change; aka they don't treat player ships like imprenetable planets and switch to their ethreal weapons in result.
Tractors - what tractors? Beef the immobility of the EF DN by loading some Slate Thorax bp (or something else small and heavy).

- the tank is a big and easy to heal object, even if it dies (use cheap GG) it is still impenetrable
- DMs can lay drones and start doing something else instead of closly watching the health of their drones
- zerker can be purley augged for doing dam - shield? Who needs shields?
and they can be fueled more easily now by the DMs.

Just a crude example - there are many more

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

BD is right... you make these new bosses that use new tactics so that tank and spank doesnt work, then you change it so that the tank doesnt even need to hold aggro anymore?

And, again I ask, Thoraxes, Fists and Torpedoes? Will they be nullified by every hostile opponent?

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:28 pm
Profile E-mail
Dev Team

Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002
Class: Berserker

MagicSteve wrote:
And, again I ask, Thoraxes, Fists and Torpedoes? Will they be nullified by every hostile opponent?

No.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Team: Heaven
Main: Danger
Level: 2094
Class: Berserker

HAL wrote:
There will be lots of new goodies for the next big patch.

Combat Mechanics
Weapon projectiles and laser beams will now hit any HOSTILE target in their path. This will open up a whole new realm of combat possibilities, such as using a tanked capital ship to protect team mates in light fighters.

Stasis timer
You will now be able to see your shield bar regenerating while your ship is in stasis.

Momentum weapon effects
Weapons will now have the ability to impart momentum to the firer or the victim. For example if you shoot a weapon with a knockback effect when it hits the target it push it away. Currently there are no player obtainable weapons implemented with this effect yet, but if none receive this ability in the rebalance, you can at least expect to see some new items become available in the future.

Galaxy Ownership
The new territorial ownership system has been implemented. This means that it will be ready and good to go for the new universe when it comes.

Cash
Credit drops have been significantly increased on bosses and ubers for next universe.

Drones
Most of the proposed drone changes have been implemented. Most importantly, if you scoop a drone and redeploy it, it will remember how many shields it had. Drone shields will regenerate while stored in your ship.

Drones remember there shields is the most stupid idea i have ever herd of. What happens if people are on a uber run and there drones are getting shot, they have no weapons (DMs cant really be efective with them), they lose the drone say that was three bil and the items on bord if your out of gear glue from dieing so much about 1 bil. How do you expect people to do that? Incressing credit drops wont do it.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Main: Stooch
Level: 1619
Class: Gunner

HAL wrote:
MagicSteve wrote:

No.

Thanks Hal, thats good to know.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:40 am
Profile E-mail

Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2684

Danger wrote:
Drones remember there shields is the most stupid idea i have ever herd of. What happens if people are on a uber run and there drones are getting shot, they have no weapons (DMs cant really be efective with them), they lose the drone say that was three bil and the items on bord if your out of gear glue from dieing so much about 1 bil. How do you expect people to do that? Incressing credit drops wont do it.

If a DM just brings 2 sets of drones, they will be fine. Having 5 super powerfull drones get full shields in 2 seconds just by picking up and redeploying is just overpowered.

If you are on an uber run, and you cannot keep your drones alive, pick them up and let someone else take aggro. If you are out of GG from dying so much, then you have possibly attempted an uber that is too strong from you. And if you are out of GG, DON'T GET BACK IN YOUR SHIP. Just log out and you will be transported out of the dg.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:18 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next