Site Admin / Dev Team

Team: Eminence Front
Main: PhoenixSun2
Level: 1392
Class: Shield Monkey

Post Re: Content Update - 12.30.09
spartan2529 wrote:
How about the Alien Invasions?

HAL is working on those (code wise). Not sure if they will be directly tied to UZ 2, but they may be.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Team: none
Main: Unzucht
Level: 5
Class: None

yugioh124 wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:
4 good players NOW, yes, but originally before everyone knew what was going on, 10+ players got massacred. Thus is the way things are.

But that only happened a few times, before people figured it out. We need something that will be a challenge even WITH strategies to do it.

QFT.

UZ 1 was kicking our ass even with detailed strategies and the best players ingame to do it. UZ 2 should be even harder relatively speaking.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:20 am

Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 2020
Class: Engineer

Sodomy wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:
4 good players NOW, yes, but originally before everyone knew what was going on, 10+ players got massacred. Thus is the way things are.

But that only happened a few times, before people figured it out. We need something that will be a challenge even WITH strategies to do it.

QFT.

UZ 1 was kicking our ass even with detailed strategies and the best players ingame to do it. UZ 2 should be even harder relatively speaking.

yea i remember going in UZ when it first opened. that was scary shit... given time this UZ will become easier as gear from it is collected.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:52 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

People seem to be misunderstanding. I said Grinch was a test of BASELINE difficulty for an EASY boss. There are going to be two EASY bosses in the zone so players can get some gear to help tackle the rest of the place. But even these are going to be harder than Grinchy. After all, I said he's BASELINE.

Don't expect this place to be a walk in the park. For those of you who remember Rhino taking a minimum of 10 people (when UZ was first released), you can expect that feeling again.

Caelestis

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Team: Resurgence
Main: Kitty
Level: 1540
Class: Speed Demon

my hopes is that this will take a full squad or two in order to kill the first boss.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ingendum
Level: 1364
Class: Shield Monkey

My hopes are that this will require joint-team runs like bana did a few years ago.. man that was fun, having 2 squads and still failing

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: your mother and i
Level: 2647

If you testing a baseline for the new bosses, I thought maybe there could be really fast fighter ai that are released from a boss, that require a DM tractorer or a SD to chase down and kill to stop their dangerous auras. This would make it so the boss would be impossible without help from many classes.

There could be a boss that requires seer to help kill. It would spawn fighters that are extremely low visibility. These fighters would emit a similar aura and would have to be killed before the boss can die.

Or Ai could drop a aura/killing drone that only kills itself when an elec beam is put on it(uses a damaging weapon), and when the drone dies, the resist aura stops then people will be able to continue killing the real boss.

Or a gateway gal between a boss level and a normal UZ level that will require adv blockers or electron storms to get from 1 side to the next without dying.

Maybe get warp navigation 5 and be able to do a mission for a neurobound physical pushback blocker. Sorta like a Pwi, but works 97% of the time and the effect lasts for 15 seconds. No catapult-like weapon could push you back during this time. It would stop people from being pushed by the many catapults spewing from ai in all directions upon warping in. (maybe catapult fighters from Forge ai that spawn all around the galaxy). This would be another gateway galaxy to get to a possible Physical Damage Boss(second to vigilante). The new uber zone requires W5, and that mission to even get to this boss

Last edited by kunta on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:33 pm

or an extremely nimble ai that has alot of resist to heat (licins hurt), but is yet SOO heavy that a specialized tractor shrimp or death striker is needed to keep the regening ai near the group

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Team: Resurgence
Main: Kitty
Level: 1540

kunta wrote:
or an extremely nimble ai that has alot of resist to heat (licins hurt), but is yet SOO heavy that a specialized tractor shrimp or death striker is needed to keep the regening ai near the group

what?

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:41 pm
Profile E-mail

nimble means it can move around at ease with its strong engine, but nimble does not mean it weighs little

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:42 pm
over 9000!

Team: Pax Romana
Main: Ghost Commander
Level: 1138
Class: Berserker

alby with 100k thrust and 50k turning....

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:43 pm